Two

starry night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Like a shadow in the dark left behind in this night
The moon, the moon gets brighter 
It's drawing the light 
 
- Starry Night / MAMAMOO
 
                                                                   ***
 
Her heart was beating abnormally and she doesn't know why. She was asking herself and tried to find the main reason. 
 
Byulyi didn't know that the only answer to her question was sitting beside her. 
 
She shifted her gaze from the television to Solar. The latter was sleeping peacefully beside her while her head was resting on Byulyi's shoulder. 
 
Byulyi never felt so contended.
 
Solar was slowly losing her grip on the controller as she falls asleep on Byulyi's shoulder. Her little snores were peacefully entering Byulyi's ears. The younger chuckled. 
 
"I always prefer to look at your face as you sleep than playing PlayStation 4 with you," 
 
Byulyi unconsciously brought her hand to Solar's hair and caressed it softly. The older scooted closer to her.
 
The younger attempted to get the throw pillow behind them without making any big movements, but failed when her fingertips couldn't even reach the soft thing. She groaned mentally. 
 
On her sixth attempt, she caught it, but her movement almost woke up the girl beside her. Byulyi sighed in relief when Solar didn't open her eyes.
 
She placed the pillow on the carpeted floor neatly. Byulyi moved Solar's body to make her lie down comfortably. The older didn't protest and let Byulyi control her body. 
 
When Byulyi was done, she lay on her stomach and put her hand underneath her chin. She moved her face towards Solar's and scrutinized every single detail on the latter's face. 
 
Byulyi chuckled when she found herself staring at Solar. She turned around to lie down, but her soul almost left her body when she saw her mom watching her. 
 
Byulyi whispered under her breath, "M-mom," 
 
Her heart was pounding and she doesn't know what to do or say. Byulyi's tears almost fell when her mom smiled at her lovingly. 
 
Her mom nodded at her and Byulyi understood what she wanted to say. 
 
"I love you." It was a whisper but Byulyi was able to understand her mother's words. Byulyi said the same.
 
She stood up and went to her bedroom to get her blanket. Byulyi covered half of Solar's body with her velvet blanket.
 
The younger sat on the sofa and tried to distract herself by playing PlayStation 4. She was trying to convince herself that nothing was wrong with her heart when Solar was near. 
 
                                                                   ***
 
Solar tried so hard to pretend that she was in deep sleep. She stopped her breathing instantly when she felt Byulyi's face in front of hers. 
 
She tried to distract herself by counting down from one hundred to one. Her heartbeat was going wild when she heard Byulyi chuckled. 
 
The place went quiet and she doesn't have any idea of what was happening that time. She could hear the faint noises coming from the girl beside her. Solar assumed that Byulyi was talking to someone without waking her up.
 
Then she felt that Byulyi left her side and went to somewhere else, hence the fading footsteps. Later on, her lower body was beneath the velvet blanket. 
 
The sofa beside her moved slightly. She, once again, assumed that Byulyi sat down and didn't go back to her side. She heard the not so loud music coming from the game they were pl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter