Two-Faced

Can I Love You?

 

     It felt hot, then cold. Go Eun wanted the blanket on top of her, but also hated it. Her back was aching and her head felt heavy. She stretched her hand and groaned in pain. 

    “Ah.. wae..” There was a soft groan. It was too manly to be hers.

    “OH MY GOD!” Her eyes shot wide open and she covered in shock as soon as she noticed where she had been all night. Not only was she laying down in the back of a car, she noticed every feature of Lee Min Ho’s face inches away from hers while her eyes adjusted. 

     His sharp nose.. flawless skin.. messy brown hair covering his forehead.. lips slightly apart as he softly breathed. 

    She was being comfortably held on his lap and now she was sure that they had slept together like that with her head on his shoulders all night long. 

    ALL. NIGHT. LONG. 

    How did she even end up here? 

    She felt pain ripple through her body as she attempted to sit up. Her head was still spinning and she couldn’t swallow without pain. And before she knew it, she was sneezing into her hands. 

    “Go Eun shi.. are you awake?” She heard him sleepily groan as his eyes opened slightly. 

     “Achoo!” 

     Did she really just sneeze inches away from his face??

     “Oh no, here. I have some tissues for you.” He said while handing her the box from his back window. “Does your head feel better?” 

     His sleepy voice sounded totally unaffected by the lack of    distance between them. She looked up at him with an embarrassed expression and managed to lock eyes on accident.  It surprised her to see signs of concern in his deep gaze. 

     “Ah.. Min Ho shi.. how did I end up here?” Her raspy voice wasn’t doing any favors. 

     As if he had just noticed his arms wrapped around her back, he uncomfortably cleared his throat and slowly removed them while looking away embarrassed. “It’s a long story.. Mianhada. This must have made you uncomfortable.” 

    “I remember not feeling okay when we arrived to the restaurant but not much after that.. were you taking care of me all night?” 

    She could swear his cheeks turned red as he stammered to come up with an answer. “Well.. I got you some night medication. Woo Do Hwan couldn’t drop you off anymore due to a family emergency.. and.. well..” he paused for a short time as he looked back into her eyes. “You fell asleep before I had a chance to ask your address and I didn’t want to make you feel uncomfortable by taking you to my apartment..Although I suppose my car wasn’t any better..” 

    Was she a terrible person for totally adoring his red face? Or his sunshine-filled brown eyes that were full of shame? 

    “Ah.. so.. wait.. where did this blanket come from?” Go Eun asked while holding it close to her. “Or that heater.. or that cloth.. you must have been treating my fever all night.. did you even sleep??” 

    The gradual panic in her sentence seemed to have turned his embarrassed face into an amused one as he smirked at her. “I just bought them. Don’t worry about it. This is all my fault for not asking your address sooner anyway.. I hope you don’t hate me for the rest of production..” his voice trailed off as he looked down at his lap and bit his lower lip. 

     Ah.. so hands-

    “ANIYO!” Go Eun surprised herself AND by defensively responding back and now she was on a coughing fit. 

   “Oh my god, are you okay? Here, drink up!” He quickly handed her a bottle of water. “Geez, I didn’t know what I said would make you so defensive. Mianh-“

   “Omo are you here to apologize all morning? I should be the one to apologize..” Go Eun interrupted him as she struggled to catch her breath. “You probably got zero sleep and had to look after someone whom you barely know. And now I’m noticing that I’m wearing your big coat from the interview yesterday.. Aish how can I ever look at you again?”

    Her face felt hotter than ever as she attempted to cover it. She wasn’t sure if it was her fever or her famous costar who had taken care of her like a baby while she snored away in the back of his car. 

   There was a chuckle, followed by a soft touch of his hands as he tried to uncover her face. She resisted at first- his gaze was always too deep for her to handle and she wanted to melt to the face of the earth. 

   “Please? I want to check your temperature. You feel really warm.” 

    Maybe she was already melting after hearing a sleepy Lee Min Ho-the actor she fangirled about as Kim Tan for 3 whole months- softly ask her to let him see her face. The entire morning felt like a dream come true for an obsessive fan. She didn’t dare to open her eyes. 

    His palm firmly pressed against her forehead and he sighed. Next, she heard him pick a bottle of water and something else she couldn’t identify. And that’s when she felt a cold sensation against her face that made her jump. 

   “Oh god,” her eyes popped open as she accidentally hit her head against the car ceiling. “Ugh, that hurt!” 

   Apparently Lee Min Ho found her embarrassing existence very funny this morning as his laughter filled the car. She shot him a death look. 

   “Wae?? You kept your eyes closed! Your face is burning, you need something cold.” He exclaimed back defensively. 

   Go Eun reached for the cloth in his hand and snatched it away. “Don’t you have a job to do? You still have to drop me off! Get moving!” 

    He seemed taken back by her sudden aggressiveness for a few seconds before smiling again and nodding his head. “Majayo, youre right. I’ve neglected it for far too long.” He paused as he looked at her up and down. “I think it’s time I get up, bear with me.” 

   Suddenly, his arms were back and wrapped around her as he gently picked her up and placed her down next to him, all while making sure the blanket was still adequately covering her body. His shirt gave off a deep, fresh scent as he leaned over her to clear space. Then he proceeded to open the backseat car door and step outside. 

   Omo.. I just got picked up by a fresh Kim Tan..who also appears to be in pain as he’s Holding onto his car while stretching his legs.. 

   She sighed as he groaned upon sliding into the drivers’ seat and leaned his head back against the cushion momentarily. He must have suffered throughout the night and she felt deeply responsible. 

   “Kim Go Eun shi, I had them wrap our soups but I couldn’t manage to refrigerate them. You’re sick and need to rest. So I’m going to stop by somewhere and get you some porridge for breakfast before leaving.” He confidently broke the silence as he his engine and looked back at her. “Is that okay?” 

   “You’ve already done so much for me.. why would you-“ she reluctantly began responding. 

   “Because I made you wait outside last night. And I treated you wrongly at the script reading. Let’s count it off as me making it up to you.” He interrupted her as he drove. His face looked rather stern. 

   “Arraso, it doesn’t sound like I have much of a choice anyway. Thank you..” she replied, positively delighted when a smile appeared on his face. 

Bzzzzz

Bzzzzz

    The frequent vibrations of his silent phone filled the space and he rejected the call immediately. 

Bzzzz

Bzzzz

    “Hyung, Can he ever wait?” Min Ho mumbled to himself as he waited on a red light. 

   “Just answer him? It could be important.” Go Eun nonchalantly remarked as she rested against the window. She could tell he slightly hesitated to do so for a few seconds before going ahead. 

   “YOU RASCAL! Where are you right now?” the other side of the phone screamed. “I can’t believe you’ve already gotten yourself in trouble!” 

   Go Eun took a surprised look at the mirror which displayed a just-as-taken-back Lee Min Ho. 

   “Wae? Why are you trying to kill me already at 7 am? Do you have a habit of chasing me at this time of the day?” 

   “Min Ho ah, did you hang out with Suzy yesterday? It’s all over the tabloids.” 

   Go Eun almost slammed into the backseat in front of her as the car came to a sudden stop. She could hear cars behind them beeping out of frustration. 

  “What are you talking about?? WHY would I meet HER??” Min Ho sounded increasingly more agitated by every passing word. 

  “Pabo, I’m telling you! Just look up what’s trending on social media right now. I need an exact detailed briefing on WHERE you met, HOW you met, WHY you me-“ 

  “I’ll call you later.” Min Ho abruptly hung up, with the car now stopped at the side of the road. It was as if his eyes were covered with a layer of rage, his expression was beyond anything she had ever seen. 

   “Are you okay..?” Go Eun finally broke the silence reluctantly. 

   He didn’t respond for a few seconds, his eyes still fixated on the road ahead of him. 

   “Kim Go Eun shi, I will have the porridge delivered to you. I’m sorry for making it up this way, but I really need to go after we arrive to your place.” His voice was icy cold, emotionless, and every word sounded calculated. Go Eun simply nodded in response and sent him her address. He quietly entered it to his GPS as they resumed driving. 

   Not a single other word was said during the entire drive. He offered to get out of his car and help her arrive, she politely declined. Instead of insisting to help like he had all morning, he wordlessly bowed and left within seconds. 

   With her curiosity getting the best of her, she pulled out her phone and quickly typed a few words on her search engines to see what could have possibly made him change so drastically-

"Suzy and Lee Min Ho photographed together-Hope for reconciliation or utter betrayal?"