Her Scent

Can I Love You?

*bang* 

*bang*
 

     "Wae? Who is banging on the door so early in the morning?" Min Ho scuffed as he pulled his blanket over his head. He surely had no interest in finding out why. 
 

     "Min Ho ah! Open the door you rascal before I break it down!" 
It was his manager. At 7 in the morning. Was he supposed to be here today? 
Min Ho frantically opened his eyes as he remembered the Netflix photoshoot scheduled for this month pre-filming. How could he have forgotten? After quickly putting on his pajamas, Min Ho opened the door to a rather worried looking manager. 
       "Min Ho ah! Are you okay? Are you hurt? What's wrong? Why don't you answer your phone? Even your parents are worried sick! Do we need to go to the doctor??" 
Min Ho sighed softly as his manager practically threw a complete fit in his bedroom. He was sure his parents were waiting to hear what he had to say. It made him lightheaded, like he wanted to go back to bed. 
      "Hyung, it's only been two weeks since we last met. Nothing so terribly could have happened to me. Calm down." He desperately pleaded after shutting his door. 

      "You have 1 photoshoot, several promotional interviews with the rest of the cast, and so much more. There is already words going around that you're keeping your distance from the rest of the crew. I don't understand, do you not like the crew? Does the script not appeal to you? I thought you picked it out because it did!"  
      It would have been easy to get annoyed at his manager for his overreactions this morning, but Min Ho wasn't sure if he really was overreacting. After all, Min Ho had been ignoring everyone for the past 2 weeks and practically doing nothing to prepare for his promotional deals besides hitting the gym once or twice a week. After catching a glance of himself in front of his tall wall mirror, his face also didn't look the greatest. 
       "Mianhada, it's my fault. I'll get ready now and we'll take care of everything we need to take care of together. I just needed a little time to blow off steam." He quietly replied while heading to his closet. 
       "Is it.. her? Did anyone mention her? Did you see her? I thought I took great deal of care in making sure you don't have to face her during this filming. You really don't sound like yourself." 
        Chuckling, Min Ho turned around and stared at his bed. He had to avoid his manager because his eyes would have given him away. 
        "Ani, I haven't seen her nor have I heard from her. It's me. I just have my own demons to deal with. Fortunately, this filming won't leave much space for them in my head though. So I'm just going to change and we can head where we need to for the photoshoot today. Okay hyung?" 
        Maybe it was the desperation in his voice or the sadness he was probably radiating. Whatever it was, his manager didn't push it much further and took his answer. 
       He had to see her today. Again. He wasn't sure if he felt ready to do so. 
***

      "Min Ho shi! You're finally here!" 
       After walking into the photoshoot set with a brave face on, Jung Eun Chae was already trying to start a conversation. He couldn't afford to allow more rumors spreading. 
       "Yes, how have you been?" He politely smiled. 
      "Great! It's good to have you around! It sounded like you didn't want to be here!" She laughed as Woo Do Hwan showed up behind her. "It must have been my terrible jokes from the script reading!" 
        "Aniyo! I'm actually going to need those jokes to get through today. So please come keep them coming!" Min Ho attempted to laugh the awkwardness away. It wasn't working entirely. He felt too flustered. Even more so when the photoshoot director approached him to brief him on his couple shots with Kim Go Eun. 
       It was supposed to happen on the couch, where they would take some intimate positions together. Some of them included her laying her head down on his lap, another with her smiling widely at him while he'd stare right back at her and smile back. 
and they were supposed to keep each pose for at least a few minutes. 
       After getting handed a blue suit and white dress shirt, he headed off to the fitting room to get ready. He didn't really notice the time passing, every button made him stop and wonder about what she's going to look like today. Will her hair be up in a ponytail again? Is she also wearing blue? Does she think he's a cold-hearted ? 
      "Min Ho shi? Are you ready?"

       After noticing how much time he had spent in the fitting room, he quickly opened the curtains and searched for his cologne. "Uh yes! Right after my cologne here."

      "Sesange, you took longer than a woman to get ready!" 
       Her dark hair was flowing below her shoulders. She was wearing a long dress that hugged her waist perfectly. He couldn't tell if her dress was gray or green or something in between. He just knew she looked beautiful and most importantly, he had to remind himself to breathe.

     "Mianhada. I have to make sure I smell good." Did that sound too cocky? 
      "Oh wow, I guess I also have to make sure I smell good?" She giggled as she reached for a perfume from her bag. It was tiny, like the hand holding it. She didn't mention the rumors, his temper, or that she thought he was an . In fact, she was giggling at his obsession with smelling good like nothing had ever happened between them. It made him sigh in relief. He was happy she didn't hate him. Yet. 
       After slowly making his way to the couch for the photoshoot, she followed him right after with her high heels echoing in the room. Her smile never seemed to fade away, it even integrated into her eyes. She was instructed to lay down on the couch, with her head directly on top of his thigh which he was crossing. One of his arms was drooped over on the couch as he stared at the camera. She did the same as the all familiar sound of cameras clicking filled the room. 
       While the feeling of her head on his thigh was making him breathe a little faster, only then did he start to notice the smell of her perfume. It was soft, a little sweet, but not too much. Just like a spring flower blooming. He wanted to get closer and closer to smell for himself- even collect the flowers and take them home with him. 
        For the next pose, she sat up also crossing her legs as she looked at him and flashed a smile. He was scared of smiling back. It felt like the fakeness of his smile would fill the whole room. Yet her eyes took him to another world. 
         Her playful eyes that seemed to look deep into his soul...It made him feel warm inside, a little tingly and lightheaded as her perfume continued to enchant him. Before he knew or could control himself, he was also smiling widely as he stared back at her. 
         "Min Ho shi! You look so much better when you smile!" She exclaimed happily as the photographer complimented their pose. 
         "What is this? I feel like I'm on the spot now!" Min Ho laughingly exclaimed back. 
         Oddly enough, the image of them laughing nonchalantly together was the one the photographer chose to display that day.

Is this how he used to look like before when he could still smile?