Denial

You are the one for me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No, this cannot be happening. No, I refuse to believe it. How can this be? I don’t get it. I am in love with Sakura? No, that cannot be true, this must be some kind of mistake.

 

Chaeyeon has never fall in love with anyone before and hearing what the doctor told her, is going through a whole lot of shock right now.

 

Me? In love with a girl??? Not a guy but a girl? And not just any girl but Miyawaki Sakura, my fellow member and best friend? This must be a joke. Yeah, it must be a joke, there is no way I like a girl and what more Sakura. Chaeyeon reasons to herself.

 

Chaeyeon grew up in Korea, a country that is conservative, where same relationships are frowned on, where every romantic drama ends up with the opposite gender, where people always ask about ideal type and not ideal gender because the gender is already fixed. So naturally, she thought she was like everyone else and would fall in love with the opposite gender and end up marrying one in the future. Now that she knows she swings this way, it was unacceptable for her so she denys it with all her might.

 

All my life, not once did it cross my mind I will end up liking the same gender, this is bad. What would my family think? What would my members think? Most importantly, what would Saku chan think? , what have you got yourself into Chaeyeon! This is not right!

 

Chaeyeon slump herself onto the nearest chair, all life leaving her soul. Raising a hand to her head and sigh at how complicated her situation is right now. What the doctor had told her has landed her into a bigger problem then she thought. She groans as she recalls the conversation with the doctor.

 

(Flashback)

 

Chaeyeon knocks on the door before entering. She sits on the chair facing the doctor and wait for the doctor to speak.

 

“Miss Lee Chaeyeon?”

 

“Yes”

 

“What can I do for you today?”

 

“Doctor, I think I have a problem. My heart keeps beating faster than normal and my mood change very fast, I could be feeling happy and angry the next moment. My heart would suddenly skip a beat or beat faster and later on I feel my heart clenching in pain. I have some selfish thoughts that I keep thinking of but it is inappropriate and always scold myself for having such thoughts. Doctor, what’s wrong with me?”

 

“Ok, so heart palpations, loss of appetite and mood swings?”

 

“Yes”

 

“Ok, let me just check your blood pressure first” the doctor said while strapping the band on Chaeyeon’s arm.

 

“Well Chaeyeon, your blood pressure is fine. How is your menstrual cycle? Is is normal? Blood flow normal?”

 

“I think it’s fine doctor. It has been arriving every month, nothing out of ordinary, my blood flow is normal as well.”

 

“Hmm, can you explain further when those heart palpations happen and when do you sudden have mood swings or loss of appetite?”

 

“Erm well, I think it is because of a certain person. Like when the person is smiling so widely, I feel my heart beating fast and end up smiling as well but when someone else interacts with the person, like hugging that person or feeding that person, my mood suddenly drops and that is when I lose my appetite and suddenly my smile will turn into a frown.  My heart would suddenly feel a fire there and all these things have been driving me insane lately. That’s why I came to see you doctor.”

 

The doctor chuckles after hearing Chaeyeon’s explanation with Chaeyeon looking confused as to why the doctor is laughing.

 

“What’s wrong doctor? Why are you laughing? Did I say something funny?” Chaeyeon ponders.

 

“Ah no you didn’t. It’s just that I found the problem” the doctor replied while smiling at Chaeyeon.

 

“So is it a heart condition? Is it serious?” Chaeyeon asks with worry lacing in her voice.

 

“Yes, it can be considered a heart condition, it is called love sick. Judging from what you have told me, it is quite serious.”

 

“Love sick? You mean that kind of love between main characters in drama?”Chaeyeon asks feeling bewildered.

 

“Yes Chaeyeon, you are in love with that certain person you mentioned.”

 

“Doctor, are you sure? Can-Can you check again? There must be a mistake. How can I be in love?”

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter