of batteries and daily ruckus

luv u
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

It’s past noon when Yuqi gets home.

 

She drops her bag by the table and walks to the living room, plopping down on the sofa next to Shuhua and leans her face into her arm. “Hey, loser.”

 

“Hiya, loser number two,” Shuhua says, scrolling through twitter on her phone, “How was the sleepover?”

 

“It was great, I missed hanging out with them.”

 

“Any fun gossip?”

 

“Nah,” Yuqi sits up with a stretch. “Well, Elkie and Yeeun are finally a thing.”

 

“Woohoo!” Shuhua cheers, waving her arms in the air, “Finally!”

 

“Took them long enough, huh,” Yuqi says. “Since love seems to be in the air, Minnie and Miyeon are next.” 

 

Shuhua groans, “They better be. I just wanna smush their faces together so we can be done with it and move on.”

 

“You should just do it, it’ll save them the trouble.” Yuqi then jabs her thumb in the direction of the front door, “Oh yeah, why are Minnie’s shoes by the door?”

 

Shuhua shrugs. “Maybe Miyeon borrowed them or something?”

 

“Minnie’s gonna have her entire wardrobe stolen at this rate,” Yuqi snorts. “You know that purple hoodie Minnie loves? The one she’s been trying to find for ages?”

 

“Uh-huh?”

 

“Couldn’t break it to her that Miyeon’s been wearing it to sleep for god knows how long now.”

 

Shuhua barks out a laugh. “I’m not shocked that Minnie didn’t figure it out, they’re such-“

 

“Useless gays,” they say at the same time, shaking their heads.

 

“You still betting that Minnie makes the first move?”

 

“Mhm, I’m confident in my choice.”

 

“Get ready to hand over 20 bucks, Shu,” Yuqi says. “Miyeon will do it first, just wait and see.”

 

“Oh, I’m waiting for my 20 bucks, alright,” Shuhua crosses arms over her chest.

 

“Pfft,” Yuqi smacks her playfully on the arm before standing up. “I’m gonna change into pyjamas, these jeans are killing me.”

 

“Soyeon and Soojin aren’t here yet, so d’you wanna have a Mario Kart tournament?”

 

Yuqi smirks confidently. “Time to get your kicked, Shushu.”

 

Shuhua sticks out her tongue. “In your dreams, giraffe.”

 

While Yuqi goes to her bedroom, Shuhua unlocks her phone and taps the messaging app, entering their group chat.

 

 

[ 6 crackhead gays ]

 

[ shushu ]

i’m hunggrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy  - 12:24

did u guys buy lunch yetttttttttt  - 12:24

i’m staaaarvinggggggggggggg  - 12:24

 

[ captain jeon ]

yea  - 12:24

 

[ jjin-jjin <3 ]

Stop whining, Soyeon and I are on the way  - 12:25

 

[ captain jeon ]

is yuqi home yet - 12:25

 

[ shushu ]

mhm  - 12:25

no snogging allowed in this house, got it??  - 12:25

 

[ captain jeon ]

then what do u call it when u and soo smush ur faces tgt  - 12:25

 

[ jjin-jjin <3 ]

Leave me out of this, please  - 12:26


[ shushu ]

it’s called LOOOOVE  - 12:26

😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘  - 12:26

 

[ jjin-jjin <3 ]

Bye  - 12:26

 

[ shushu ]

😢  - 12:27

 

[ captain jeon ]

don’t sulk, she bought u chocolate ice cream  - 12:27

that’s why we’re late  - 12:27

she literally fought with a CHILD to get the last tub  - 12:27

 

[ shushu ]

AAAAAWWWWWWWWWW  - 12:28

🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰  - 12:28

I LOVE YOU JJIN-AH 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰  - 12:28

 

[ jjin-jjin <3 ]

🙄❤️  - 12:28

 

[ captain jeon ]

what a tsun  - 12:28

 

[ jjin-jjin <3 ]

Why do I put up with you guys  - 12:28

 

 

Shuhua spams a couple more texts of heart emojis before tossing her phone to the side. She grabs the TV’s remote control and clicks ‘on’, but the television screen stays dark. “The heck?” She smacks the remote against the sofa before trying again, but to no avail. She smacks it against the sofa a few more times just for good measure. Shuhua squints at small letters on the remote. “Yuqi-ah, come fix this!” A few seconds later, she shouts louder, “YAH, Song Yuqi!”

 

She stares at the bedroom door, expecting Yuqi to walk out yelling “Yeh Shuhua!” in response. When the door doesn’t budge, Shuhua leaves the remote and walks to the door with an impatient huff.

 

Shuhua knocks but doesn’t bother waiting - instead, she throws the door open with gusto and screams at the top of her lungs, “WOOKS!”

 

Time seems to move in slow motion - the door (very) narrowly misses whacking Yuqi in the face, whose expression is one of panic mixed with fright, and Shuhua lets out a screech.

 

The door bangs against the wall, and they both jump at the jarring noise.

 

Before Shuhua can cause any more of a ruckus, Yuqi slaps a hand over . “MRFMGH?!”

 

Yuqi desperately tries to shush her, raising a finger to her own lips, “Shh!”

 

But the damage is done - Minnie’s head pops up from the pillow at the commotion, her eyes barely open. “Uh…?”

 

On the other hand, Miyeon (snugly nestled in Minnie’s arms and cuddled up against her chest) doesn’t even stir.

 

Shuhua’s eyes nearly pop out of their sockets at the sight.

 

Well, what do we have here?!

 

“You idiot!” Yuqi hisses at Shuhua before turning to Minnie, whispering, “Go back to sleep!”

 

To Yuqi’s relief, Minnie’s too sleepy to register anything and just f

Please log in to read the full chapter