we already fell in love

luv u
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

A/N - sorry for the long wait and my ty writing, but i hope u enjoy :)

 

 

Miyeon wakes up to the smell of food.

 

Eyelids fluttering to a close as she yawns, she raises her arms above her head and stretches, sighing in satisfaction. She hasn’t felt this well-rested in a while. As she stares at the ceiling through bleary eyes, the events from last night start resurfacing in her mind. She starts giggling to herself, her cheeks starting to hurt from how hard she’s smiling. She flops over to the pillow Minnie slept on, inhaling the familiar scent of the latter’s perfume before smushing her face into it to muffle her squeal, kicking her legs under the duvet.

 

Having someone come running over to your apartment?

 

In the middle of the night??

 

Just to take care of you?!

 

That’s beyond heart-fluttering, in Miyeon’s opinion - not even her favourite dramas can top this!

 

But this is normal, right? This is just what friends do for each other, right?

 

Miyeon mulls over the thought for a brief moment before promptly discarding it. Her brain isn’t awake enough for this. Why not just enjoy the good feelings while they last?

 

Swinging her legs over the edge of the bed, she slides her feet into a pair of slippers and shuffles out of the room.

 

The apartment has two bedrooms down a corridor past the living room, with a bathroom right across the hall. Behind the living room is a small open kitchen, where Minnie’s currently bustling about.

 

Miyeon leans against the wall with folded arms, watching with a fond smile. Minnie knows her way around the kitchen as if she’s in her own apartment, plucking a few utensils from the drawer before leaning down to grab a pot from the lower cabinet, flicking the switch on the kettle as she stands up. 

 

Minnie moves with a certain grace -  sure, she’s clumsy at times and likes to bust out some wonky dance moves every now and then, but her movements are fluid and natural, gentle while having a certain strength to it.

 

Miyeon could watch her for hours doing the most mundane things. In a non-creepy way, of course.

 

She’s so lost in thought that it takes her a second to register that Minnie’s eyes have met her own. She waves, suddenly feeling very shy under her gaze. “Look who’s finally out of hibernation,” Minnie grins. “I was just about to wake you.”

 

She opens to reply, but her brain scrambles to bits when a sudden thought hits her:

 

This feels so domestic.

 

“Myeon? Hello?” 

 

“Yes?!”

 

Minnie her head to the side, and Miyeon has to bite back a scream. “Are you okay?”

 

“Yes! I’m gonna- I’m gonna go- yeah, I need to wash up,” she awkwardly laughs before ducking into the bathroom. She looks at herself in the mirror and sees that the tips of her ears have gone slightly red.

 

Hasn’t even been ten minutes since you woke up and you’re already digging your own grave.

 

When she reemerges from the bathroom, Minnie’s now stood over the stove. Walking closer, she can hear her singing softly - ‘Gravity’ by Sara Bareilles, she recognises. Smiling, she slides her arms around Minnie’s waist, clasping her hands on her abdomen, leaning her cheek against her back. “Hi.”

 

“Hi.” Minnie leans into the embrace, placing her free hand over Miyeon’s. “Are you feeling better?”

 

Miyeon laces their fingers together. “Much better.”

 

“That’s good.”

 

“Are you reheating the broth?”

 

“Mhm, yesterday’s leftovers. Figured I might as well make the noodles softer, the way you like them.”

 

Miyeon snuggles closer. “You’re such a sweetheart sometimes.”

 

“Only sometimes?”

 

“Can’t have your ego inflating too much.” Miyeon feels Minnie shake with soft laughter, and she closes her eyes, basking in the warmth. “Where are the others?”

 

“They’ve gone out. I think they’re sleeping over at Soojin’s later tonight.”

 

“So I’m stuck with you?”

 

“We’re free to join them if you hate being alone with me that much.”

 

“Hmm… Nah, they’re too far away.”

 

“Nice to know that distance is the only reason you’re not leaving me.” Miyeon can tell that Minnie’s rolling her eyes without even having to see her face.

 

“One reason is better than none, right?”

 

“Goodbye!”

 

“Noooo~”

 

They spend the next hour or two eating, watching She-Ra on the television after they get bored of Adventure Time. Miyeon points at a small crater on the wall, to which Minnie just shrugs when asked what happened there. They clear away the table when they’re finished, washing the dishes side by side as a soft pop song plays from Minnie’s phone.

 

As Miyeon goes to shower, Minnie pulls on the blue hoodie again and lies down on the bed, aimlessly scrolling through her Twitter feed. A few minutes pass by when she realises that she’s not processing anything she’s seeing, too caught up in reliving Miyeon’s confession.

 

Okay, but can you even call it a confession?

 

She tosses her phone aside with a groan and flops face-first onto Miyeon’s pillow with a resigned sigh.

 

Maybe I should just confess.

 

But what if she doesn’t like me back?

 

But I’ll never know unless I say something!

 

What about our friendship, though? Would I be ruining it?

 

Miyeon wouldn’t cut me out of her life, right?

 

If I get rejected, we can move past it, right?

 

But what if we can’t?!

 

As always, the inner monologue battle continues in an unending loop of unanswerable questions. She rolls over to lie on her back, mumbling to herself, “So what do you expect me to do?”

 

Just kiss her.

 

Are you nuts?!

 

What else are you going to do?

 

Why not just confess normally?!

 

You don’t have the guts to!

 

And I’d have the guts to kiss her?!

 

You know you want to!

 

That doesn’t mean I can!

 

Why not?!

 

WHAT DO YOU MEAN WHY NOT -

 

“Incoming!”

 

“OW!” Her eyes fly open when Miyeon suddenly plops herself on top of her, knocking the wind from her lungs. “My poor ribs…” she complains, but she brings her arms up to hug Miyeon anyway. The heavy thoughts soon dissipate when she hears giggling by her ear, and she’s unable to stop the smile from spreading across her face.

 

With one hand, Miyeon flips her wet hair out of the way before nuzzling against the crook of her neck, her nose brushing soft skin-

 

Wait a damn second.

 

Okay, maybe this wasn’t a good idea, because it’s taking Miyeon a godawful lot of self restraint to stop herself from kissing Minnie’s neck.

 

Kissing her neck?

 

HER NECK?!??!??!?!

 

It reminds her of the time when Yuqi let a completely-wasted Minnie crash in the apartment. The moment Miyeon saw hickeys on Minnie’s neck the next morning, her head nearly exploded in jealousy, and she vividly remembers wondering if she had done anything good enough in her previous life to be gifted a chance to leave hickeys of her own-

 

STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT!

 

Miyeon flushes bright red like a tomato, and she instantly sits up, shaking her head at get rid of the scenarios suddenly popping into her mind-

 

Oh my god.

 

OH MY GOD.

 

NOW IS NOT THE TIME!

 

“Hey, you’re flicking water onto my face!” Minnie shields herself, laughing. “What are you doing?”

 

“Nothing!” Miyeon squeaks, hands on her warm cheeks as she flops to the side.

 

Minnie sits up and motions for Miyeon to pass her the towel, already used to at the occasionally odd behaviour, “Turn around.” She starts towelling her hair for her, running her fingers through the silky locks. Miyeon closes her eyes, content with the ministrations, her heart starting to calm down. “Do you want me to dry your hair?”

 

“Yes!”

 

Minnie sighs, but gets off the bed to grab the hairdryer anyway, “So cumbersome.”

 

“I like being pampered.” Miyeon then points an accusing finger at her like a lawyer in a dramatic court scene, “And from what I remember, you said you didn’t mind!”

 

Minnie raises her arms in surrender with a nod. “Yes, yes, yes.”

 

While Miyeon’s relishing in being ~pampered~ by her beloved, Minnie brings up an idea, “Do you want to go to the arcade? It’s kinda stuffy, staying at home for so long.”

 

Miyeon gasps, “Yes, let’s go!”

 

They don’t bother changing out of their comfy clothes, pulling on a coat over their hoodies before leaving the apartment. Miyeon takes one step outside before pulling her collar around the exposed skin of her neck, shivering. Despite being a native, she continues to underestimate the power of winter in South Korea. “Oh man, it’s colder than I thought.”

 

“Dumb .” She turns around to retort, but the words die on her tongue when Minnie gently wraps a scarf around her neck.

 

“Why do you have any extra scarf with you?”

 

“Because I knew you’d get cold.” Minnie taps her gently on the nose with a laugh, “Pabo.”

 

Miyeon doesn’t try hiding her wide smile and takes Minnie by the hand, pulling her along.

 

The arcade brings back so many memories. They used to come here often to blow off steam when uni got too stressful or when they were just bored. It was their go-to hangout spot. Minnie had even bought a membership card at one point.

 

“It feels like we were here yesterday or something,” Miyeon marvels, pleasantly surprised that the interior decor hasn’t changed much. After getting a plastic cup filled with game tokens, they make their way around to play as many games as they can.

 

Minnie is surprisingly terrible at Whack-A-Mole, and Miyeon can’t stop laughing when the next kid in line beats her score in a single breath. “I didn’t know people could at a game like that!”

 

However, the joke’s on Miyeon when she attempts a driving game.

 

Emphasis on attempt.

 

It was more of a ‘crashing into every single obstacle and falling off the road like her life depended on it’ game.

 

“How do you have a driver’s license?” Minnie howls, clutching her stomach at the ‘LOSER’ flashing across the screen, and she dodges out of the way before Miyeon can slap her arm.

 

They find themselves at an air hockey table next, and the atmosphere is crackling from the intense aura of competitiveness.

 

“You ready to get your kicked?” Miyeon smirks, cracking her knuckles.

 

Minnie places the plastic disc on the table with a scoff. “In your dreams.” With one powerful hit, the disc shoots across the table and flies into the slot before Miyeon can even react. “Take that, Noodle Arms!”

 

“Noodle Arms?!” Miyeon slaps the disc onto the table, her eyes burning, “You’re going to regret

Please log in to read the full chapter