i'm only one call away

luv u
Please log in to read the full chapter

!! cute fluff ahead, u have been warned !!

 

 

 

It’s two in the morning when Minnie’s phone starts buzzing on her bedside table.

 

Opening one eye at the disturbance, she blindly reaches for her phone and checks the caller ID, squinting at the screen. “The heck…?” She swipes to answer, pressing the phone against her ear. “Hello?” she mumbles, her voice husky from sleep.

 

“Minnie…”

 

“Miyeon?” Minnie groggily props herself up on her elbow. “Are you okay?”

 

“No…” Something in Miyeon’s voice sounds off - why is she so hoarse? - and Minnie sits up in bed, her other hand searching for the bedside lamp switch. 

 

“What happened?” she asks amidst a tired yawn.

 

“I don’t…” Miyeon trails off, her words becoming incoherent.

 

“Sorry, what’d you say?” Minnie’s hand finds the switch, and she winces at the sudden brightness, blinking away the dark spots in her vision. “Did something hap-“ A sudden clattering noise causes Minnie to jump, and she leans away from the phone when she hears retching. “Miyeon?!”

 

Minnie’s definitely wide awake now.

 

She throws the covers off, shivering slightly at the temperature drop as she gets up from her warm bed, and quickly grabs a pair of sweatpants from her wardrobe, stumbling while slipping them on, along with a pair of socks. She grimaces at the wet vomiting noises through the phone as she switches off the lamp, padding out of her bedroom. She shoves her feet into a pair of sneakers before running out the door and down the stairs - the elevator’s been broken for over a week now, and she thanks her lucky stars that the apartment she shares with Soyeon and Soojin is only on the second floor.

 

By the time she’s left the building, the vomiting seems to have stopped, and she can hear shuffling noises as Miyeon picks up the phone from the floor.

 

“This …” Miyeon groans, sniffling, and Minnie’s heart wrenches at the evident pain in her voice.

 

How long has she been throwing up?

 

“Hang in there, Ramyeon,” Minnie says gently, stopping by the late-night restaurant down the street, “I’ll be there soon, okay?”

 

“‘Kay…” Miyeon breathes heavily, and Minnie grows more worried by the second. “Okay…”

 

“Do you want to stay on the call? I don’t want you to pass out and get hurt or something.” Minnie walks into the restaurant - a few people are sitting in the booths, some having a late-night snack, some drinking their sorrows away. She waves at Sorn by the counter and points at the porridge on the menu on the wall, motioning for a quick takeaway. Sorn gives her an ‘ok’ sign and disappears into the kitchen. “Myeon?” Minnie refocuses on the call, “you still here with me?”

 

“Yeah…” She can hear the toilet flushing, followed by a hefty sigh, “I’m okay, just tired…” Minnie’s grip tightens on her phone. “Gonna… clean myself up…”

 

Minnie looks at the clock on the wall that reads seven minutes past two - Shuhua doesn’t get back from her bartending shift for another hour and a half, and Yuqi’s at a sleepover with a few friends, which means that Miyeon’s home alone right now. Minnie swallows thickly. “Be careful, okay?”

 

“M’kay…” Minnie hears the tap running.

 

“I’ll be there soon, but call me if you need anything.”

 

“Mhm… Thanks, Minnie…”

 

“Anything for you, dumb-dumb.”

 

The call ends with a click, and Minnie lets out a sigh.

 

When Sorn returns, Minnie takes the plastic bag with a relieved “thank you” before realising she didn’t bring her wallet. “Oh, .”

 

Sorn brushes her off with a laugh, “It’s fine, you seem to be in a rush - just pay me back whenever you come again for food.”

 

“Thank you so so so much,” Minnie says amidst a blabber of apologies, “I’ll pay you back tomorrow, I promise.”

 

“Since when are you this forgetful?” Sorn croons, “Is it Miyeon~?”

 

“Maybe.” Minnie doesn’t see Sorn’s knowing smile as she runs out the door, “Thanks again!”

 

Sorn leans against the counter, chuckling to herself. “Shoot your shot, Yontararak - she’s lucky to have you.”

 

As Minnie jogs down the block, her heart racing, she doesn’t even register that’s she’s severely underdressed in just a t-shirt and sweatpants in the early-November chill, adrenaline pumping through her veins as her breath crystallises in the air.

 

Miyeon, Miyeon, Miyeon, Miyeon, Miyeon, Miyeon, Miyeon…

 

Minnie punches in the code at the apartment building entrance, and she pushes the door open when it beeps softly. She walks to the elevator, steps in, and presses the button marked with ‘6’.

 

Miyeon, Miyeon, Miyeon, Miyeon, Miyeon, Miyeon, Miyeon…

 

The elevator dings, and she practically sprints down the hall to the apartment and hurriedly types in the passcode.

 

0-5-0-2-1-8.

 

The door beeps and unlocks, and Minnie steps into the chilly apartment, quickly slipping off her shoes.

 

She makes a beeline for the bedrooms, but stops when she sees Miyeon sprawled on the sofa in front of a dim TV.

 

Despite the situation, Miyeon still looks beautiful, and Minnie can’t help but stare for a moment. She’s even cuter than usual, too, bundled up in a big hoodie (the purple one that Minnie’s been searching for in her own wardrobe for a while now) and a pink blanket Minnie recognises to be the birthday gift she bought for Miyeon last year. Minnie’s heart grows even warmer at the sight, a big grin stretching across her face before she mentally slaps herself - not now, you useless gay.

 

“Hey, hoodie thief,” Minnie calls out softly.

 

Miyeon raises her head slightly. “Hi,” she says weakly before her eyes suddenly widen. “Is that all you’re wearing?!” Minnie blinks. “You’re gonna get sick, you dumb !” she exclaims, concerned.

 

“Sorry, I wasn’t exactly awake when I ran out the door,” Minnie says with a shrug, crouching down by Miyeon’s head, putting the plastic bag down behind her.

 

Miyeon frowns, her head falling back onto the couch. “Ugh… I’m sorry for calling you over so late,” she mumbles.

 

“Hey, it’s fine,” Minnie says, stopping short of letting ‘babe’ accidentally roll off her tongue, no matter how instinctive it feels to say it - she’s grown used to having to stop herself from blurting out things like that to the woman that’s stolen her heart for the past year, anyway. She’s not going to slip up now. “You’ll get wrinkles if you frown, y’know.” Miyeon scoffs, a small smile gracing her lips, and that instantly makes Minnie smile, too. She rests a hand on Miyeon’s arm, rubbing soft circles with her thumb, “You okay, though?” She can’t hide the worry in her voice - Miyeon looks so pale and frail at the moment. “It sounded pretty bad over the phone.”

 

“I’m done vomiting, at least. I brushed my teeth and took some stomach medicine but I feel like ,” Miyeon pouts sadly. Minnie wants to kiss it away until her gorgeous smile comes back - Miyeon wants to ask for a kiss but stops herself from saying anything.

 

(If Yuqi was watching, she’d be tearing at her hair in agony and sobbing into Soyeon’s shoulder at how oblivious these two useless gays are.)

 

Instead, Minnie pats her on the head sympathetically. “I’m sorry, Myeon.”

 

Miyeon shakes her head. “Anyway, go put on a hoodie before you get sick.” She pokes Minnie’s bare arm before recoiling with a quiet yelp. “You’re

Please log in to read the full chapter