And so it continues.

EXO 2014
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What do they expect us to do? Let ourselves rot inside here?” Jongin was aggravated by the fact that our managers confiscated their phones. We were all inside the training room, waiting for the other half of EXO to arrive.

 

Right after the pre recording of our performance for today’s music show, the kids asked to be driven back to the company. They didn't want to be on stage anymore; everyone was devastated. Even when we won the first place awards. They’ve done their part for the day; and that was to remain professional in front of the camera long enough to last them an entire performance. And that was enough. The boys had enough for the day.

 

We were all emotionally and mentally stressed and tired.

 

“It’s for the best Jongin. Let’s just wait for the others.” I calmly told him, placing a hand on his shoulder. I gave him a pleading look, and soon enough, he nodded his head. I let out a sigh before walking back to the couch, joining Kyungsoo.

 

The tension in the room was something notable. No one dared to speak; Chanyeol and Baekhyun were awfully quiet too. The usual playful Sehun chose to be by himself by the window, earphones plugged in. No one was in their normal states.

 

And I feel like I’m walking on thin ice around them.

 

Their practice room wasn't always like that. It was always filled with the noises caused by the ruckus caused by our group; bickerings from here and there, loud music being drowned by their laughter. Thus the silence was unfamiliar for me.

 

Not even when the M members arrived; the five of them looked devastated and dejected like us. But it was pretty obvious how it was harder for them; looking at Luhan and Minseok hyung, the burden was too heavy for them.

 

The usual greetings weren't there; Tao, Chen and Lay quietly joined Baekhyun and Chanyeol by the couch while Luhan hyung and Minseok hyung called me over to the door. We all headed out of the room, fully knowing as the remaining elders, had to do something.

 

“How are you? How are they?” Minseok hyung asked, eyeing me up.

 

“We’re all coping up. Me, mostly. But the kids are still surprised about it. Especially Sehun. What about you guys? How’s Tao taking it?” If there’s one other member we should worry most about, it would be Zitao. Everyone knew how he’s best friends with Kris. And with the latter leaving, I can just tell it won't be easy for the M’s youngest member.

 

“He’s taking it quite well.” Luhan hyung said. “But that’s just his defense mechanism. He didn't say anything, just nodded his head and went back to his room as if nothing really happened.”

 

I can understand him; he’s probably still in denial of everything. If anything, I feel really bad for him. For everyone.

 

“What’s going to happen to us now?” It was the same question I had in mind earlier; and Luhan hyung voiced it out again.

 

What’s in store for us now that we’re down to 11 members? Will fans still

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter