The first nightmare

EXO 2014
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

May 14 2014

 

‘Hyung. Where are you?’

 

‘Let’s talk about this first.’

 

‘Kris. Come back here.’

 

‘Don't do this. We can still talk this out.’

 

Joonmyeon couldn't help but sigh as he went through the messages left by the other members on their KKT chat. The elders were the only members of that specific group chat; and without the younger ones knowing, they were on the verge of losing one member; Kris. The leader of EXO-M, and one of the core members of their group.

 

With a heavy heart, he looked at the sleeping Sehun on the bed opposite his. Their youngest was sleeping so peacefully without knowing that once he wakes up, they’ll be welcomed with the bad news. And he had no idea how we will be able to explain everything to them.

 

‘Hyung. Please.’

 

He tried again; but no response was received from the Chinese subgroup leader.

 

His hopes were falling; it was pretty obvious he made up his mind already. Kris chose not to acknowledge all of them after telling them he’s leaving.

 

Kris: I’m leaving

Joonmyeon: Leaving where? It’s in the middle of the night hyung. You should rest.

Kris: I’m leaving. The group.

Luhan: What the hell are you talking about?

Kris: I’m sorry. But it’s getting harder for me to continue.

Minseok: Kris. Are you being serious?

Joonmyeon: Hyung. What’s wrong? You can tell us, let’s talk about it.

Joonmyeon: Kris. Don't do this. Come on. Talk to us.

Minseok: He’s still here in the dorm, right?

Luhan: . He’s not in his room.

Minseok: Wu Yi Fan. Don't do anything stupid. Tell us where are you?

 

Joonmyeon’s POV

 

And just like that, he announced his departure. Luhan hyung scanned their entire dorm, but Kris wasn't there anymore. He left us; with a single message. He’s done.

 

It was hard. The entire night, my head was filled with nothing but thoughts of how we can cope up with this. We were just starting to make a name for EXO; it’s still too early for obstacles like this. Besides, we promised one another right?

 

Like our saying, ‘We are One’; but it made me question our bond? Were we really one? If we were, then why is this happening to us? Why did Kris choose to let go?

 

We can help him. We’re his brothers. We can help him go through all of this. But he still left; decided to walk on his own. Why? When he had us?

 

My heart was heavy; I felt numb. I felt disappointed. Not just with Kris, but also in myself. Maybe I wasn't a good leader as the fans pictured me to be?

 

What they didn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter