Chapter Four

Lost Boys

 

 

 

“You have some serious explanation to do, bro. I literally had to ditch my date with my wife and rush over. Hyorin was so worried when you called and sounded like you’ve just seen a ghost!”

 

Youngbae just arrived at the airport and Jiyong came to pick him up from the back entrance. Security decided that it is probably for the best if the idols left discreetly.

 

When Jiyong fell into line next to him in a daze, ignoring the shorter guy’s ramble, Youngbae smacked the back of his head.

 

“YAH, KWON JIYONG are you even listening?! Why am I here?”

 

“I might’ve actually seen a ghost…..” jiyong whispered to himself but Youngbae’s keen ears still caught it.

 

“Jiyong ah, are you ok?” Taeyang asked, brows furrowing in worry.

 

“I think I found hyung. I need you to confirm that I was not hallucinating.” Jiyong finally looked at the vocalist.

 

“We have spent the last three years looking for him. It is unlikely that he will just appear here, out of nowhere.” Youngbae said as they got into the private taxi.

 

“I’ll show you tonight.”

 

 

 

-PAGE BREAK-

 

 

 

“So why are we here?” Youngbae had patiently waited for Jiyong to explain as they arrived at the little roadside food stall.

 

They settled down at the same table that Jiyong previously occupied.

 

“Shh. Wait for it.” Jiyong put a finger on his own lips.

 

A few moments later, a young man in a dark blue hoodie walked over to them.

 

“Anyeong! May I…. eh it’s you again! You even brought a friend! You must really like halmeoni’s cooking.” The guy said, smiling wide.

 

“Hi! I am here for bowl of tteokbeokki again. But this time, with beer please.” Jiyong smiled warmly.

 

“Ok! And for you, chingu?” The guy turned to Youngbae who was sitting there, mouth slightly agape. Just like Jiyong when he first came here, Youngbae was stunned. The guy looked so familiar yet different. His bangs hanging over his forehead made him look youthful and he looked so happy, just like Seunghyun hyung when it was only the 5 of them together.

 

“Uhm, are you ok?” The guy playfully waved slightly at Youngbae.

 

“Oh, neh. Can I have the same please.” Youngbae shook his head slightly and answered, slightly embarrassed.

 

“Ok, your order will be ready in a short while. Thank you!” The guy smiled and walked away to the counter.

 

“I told you.” Jiyong said while giving Youngbae the ‘I win’ look.

 

“He doesn’t recognise us though.” Youngbae stared at the guy intently.

 

“I tried to ask him if he was hyung the other time. He seemed very certain that he wasn’t.” Jiyong rested the side of his forehead on his left palm staring at the guy playfully squabbling with halmeoni.

 

The tall guy came back with their beers.

 

“Excuse me, my friend here is saying that you really look like our hyung and I think so too. Are you really not him?” Jiyong almost facepalmed when he heard what Youngbae just said. Leave it to Youngbae to be straight-to-the-point.

 

The guy chuckled slightly and turned around.

 

“Who are you guys?” The guy asked innocently, no venom found in his tone.

 

Youngbae motioned the guy to sit next to them by the table and he did.

 

“We’re members of Bigbang. I am Youngbae and this is Jiyong.” Youngbae grinned.

 

“Heol, singers?! That’s so cool!” The guy exclaimed.

 

“Can we be friends? We just told you our names, what’s yours?” Jiyong extended his right hand for a handshake.

 

“My name is Seo Giyeog. Nice to meet you.” He took the offered hand and gave it a gentle shake.

 

“Is this hyung that you were saying, Bigbang’s Top?” Giyeog asked, curious.

 

“Yes. His name is Seunghyun but he went missing 5 years ago. He was involved in a road traffic accident but when the ambulance got there, he was nowhere to be found. The police found some of his blood in the driver’s seat though.” Youngbae explained.

 

“I’m sorry that you had to go through that.” Giyeog said gently.

 

“We have been trying to find him ever since and you look exactly like him. You even sound the same.” Youngbae said and took a sip of his beer.

 

“Coincidence maybe?” Giyeog chuckled and stood up to pick up the boys’ dishes from the counter.

 

“Enjoy the food guys! I am gonna go help halmeoni clean up the stall.” Giyeog put down the bowls and left the boys.

 

“I have a feeling that we will be having a lot of tteokbeokki in the foreseeable future.” Jiyong said quietly and Youngbae nodded.

 

 

 

 

Notes: Hey! How has everyone been? I am so sorry for the massive delay. Things haven't been going too well recently and I have finally travelled back home under the Covid-19 restrictions. I have the next few chapters drafted so hopefully no more long delays in the foreseeable future! 

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter!