Chapter Three

Lost Boys

 

 

 

Jiyong was in the backseat of a private taxi, looking outside the windows at the sea. Jeju Island is particularly quiet during this time of the year and he had specifically told the driver to drive along the beach on their way to the hotel.

 

As he watched the waves gently wash up the beach, calmness radiated into his very soul. Beautiful classical music was playing from the car speakers. Jiyong took a deep breath and closed his eyes, resting silently for the remaining journey towards the hotel.

 

As they reached the hotel and he successfully checked-in, Jiyong went into his suite and flopped onto the bed. Eyes staring unmovingly at the cream coloured ceiling. Much has happened since the day of the accident. Jiyong had completed his mandatory service, had written over a hundred songs but sold only few of them which he thought was at least decently good. He hadn’t stood on stage and performed for three years. He hadn’t released a single song. Bigbang had been on hiatus ever since. How could he when all he thought of when standing on stage without Top-hyung was emptiness. All the fun of performing was gone. It just didn’t feel right standing on stage as four.

 

He needed some time off from life, which was why he asked the president for a month’s break. Here he is, in Jeju Island, away from his home, away from his usual life.

 

‘Loser, loner. A coward who pretends to be tough.

A mean delinquent. In the mirror, you’re

Just a loser. A loner. A jackass covered in scars.

Dirty trash. In the mirror, I’m a.

 

I curse the blue skies.

Sometimes I wanna lay it all down.

I want to say goodbye.

When I stop wandering at the end of this road.

I hope I can close my eyes without regrets.’

 

 

 

-PAGE BREAK-

 

 

 

It had been four days since Jiyong stayed in Jeju Island. He spent most of his time in his suite balcony, overlooking the beautiful sea. He enjoyed looking at the horizon whenever the sun is setting. Sometimes, he would wander into the town, visiting tourist spots and take cute pictures of the sceneries.

 

It felt good to slow down and relax. Jiyong smiled a little every now and then but he was never genuinely happy.

 

It was late at night when Jiyong stumbled upon this little roadside food stall hidden in a tiny neighbourhood. Looking at the delicious teokbokki being cooked, he gave in to the temptation and made his way over.

 

The tiny stall had about six tables around the front of it and only two was occupied. There were two guys who were drinking and eating pancakes and the other was a pair of young couple who were enjoying their teokbokki. Jiyong settled down on the table at the corner. He then took out his phone to reply to messages in the group chat mainly to check-in with Youngbae that he was fine. He checked the group info and smiled slightly when Seunghyun’s phone number was still included.

 

“Anyeong! May I get you anything sir?”

 

JIyong looked up and was about to order a bowl of teokbokki when he froze, staring at the man that was looking at him.

 

“Yes. A bowl of ……. “ He stared at the man’s face.

 

“Hey, are you ok?” That familiar deep voice shocked Jiyong back to reality.

 

“Hyung…” Jiyong whispered, still shocked. Those thick eyebrows, big soulful eyes, cute dimples. The man was wearing a simple light grey hoodie but from what he could tell, even the built is Seunghyun.

 

“How sure are you that I am older?” The guys chuckled. His eyes turned into cute crescent moons and his lips curled up. Dimples visible on the left side of his face.

 

“Do you not know who I am?” Jiyong asked, baffled.

 

“Don’t think we’ve met before.” The man took a closer look at Jiyong and shook his head.

 

“But you really do look like him.”

 

“Let me guess, Bigbang’s Top?” The guy smiled knowingly.

 

“I thought you said that you don’t know me?!” Jiyong was about to break down.

 

“Aniyo, I don’t know you, and I really am not him. I get that a lot though. Do we really look that similar?” The guy scratched the back of his head slightly, smiling awkwardly.

 

“Yes, you do. You even sound exactly like him.”

 

“Jinja?” The guy was about to continue when he was interrupted.

 

“Yah! Yeog-ah! Table 3’s fishcake is ready!” The old lady that was cooking shouted.

 

“Neh halmeoni! I’ll be right back.” The guy answered quickly and dashed over to the counter to pick up the steaming dish.

 

Jiyong stared at the tall guy, utterly at a loss as to what to make about this situation.

 

‘You are definitely Seunghyun hyung.’

 

“So, have you decided what you want to have? I really need to get back to washing the dishes. I’m really sorry.” He bowed slightly when he came back to Jiyong’s side.

 

“I apologise for taking up your time. Can I please have a bowl of spicy teokbeokki and some barley tea?”

 

“Coming right up!” The guy walked away to place the order and moved to the back of the stall to continue with his chores.

 

Jiyong was confused and disappointed at the same time. However, he could not shake the feeling that he was right. The waiter was Seunghyun and he needed help.

 

He quickly called Youngbae.

 

 

 

Notes: 

Sorry for the long wait. I have been pretty busy with online assignments and my studies. I will try to upload the next part as soon as possible. For now, stay safe and hope you enjoy the story!