Chapter One

Lost Boys

The moon was full tonight and it was breezy. It was slightly too chilly for autumn. Jiyong looked up at the cloudy skies and sighed as he pulled up his collar to protect himself from the cold wind. He paused outside the Ramen Bar and fished out his phone from the left pocket of his brown coat.

 

No notifications.

 

‘What was I expecting?’ he asked himself.

 

As he was about to step into the restaurant, a figure came up to him and placed a comforting arm over his shoulder.

 

“Oh, Youngbae ah.” Jiyong looked back over his left shoulder, startled.

 

“How long have you been standing here?” Youngbae flashed his eye-smile and dragged the other into the restaurant.

 

As they reached their usual room at the far end of the Ramen Bar, a waiter bowed and slid open the wooden door for them.

 

Daesung who was already inside smiled brightly and greeted them in his usual high-pitched voice.

 

“Hyung, wasso!” He stood up from his seat and bowed at the two

 

“Uri Daesung! How have you been!” Youngbae went over and hugged the younger man.

 

“Everything is fine. How about you? How is Hyorin noona?” He said as they all slowly settled down into their seats around the table.

 

“She’s busy with filming a new web-drama…… “

 

Seungri came in and interrupted Youngbae.

 

“Hyung~~ wait for me.” He whined as he shut off his phone and slid it into his jeans pocket. The maknae took the seat next to Jiyong and started chatting away about how his business is affected by the recession and how he missed them all.

 

Jiyong smacked the maknae on the back of the head which stopped the chattering.

 

“Ri, is this how you treat your guests? We’re all starving here, and we haven’t even seen the menu.”

 

“Oh mianhe hyungs! I totally forgot. I am so excited to see you all!” He laughed and called for the waiter to bring in the menu and to serve them the finest soju in the Bar.

 

After a bit of catching up, the food was served. As usual, Seungri was busy serving all his hyungs and cracking jokes, trying to liven up the mood. Youngbae and Daesung were laughing at the maknae’s antics.

 

Jiyong was smiling too and had to cover his face every now and then from embarrassment. He was happy to finally reunite with s after months.

 

He had been busy writing songs for other singers and expanding his clothing brand. Taeyang was busy with his own solo schedules and Daesung spent most of his time in Japan holding concerts. Seungri was happy being a businessman, juggling dozens of different businesses at the same time. And Seunghyun hyung……

 

He stopped himself when he realised that he had been crying and the others are now looking at him. Youngbae was staring at him with sadness. Daesung stopped smiling and was looking down at his bowl. Seungri looked at him and draped his right arm over Jiyong’s shoulder.

 

“Come on guys, hyung would not want us to be sad. Knowing him, he would be crying the most if he knows that we are hurting.” Youngbae said and poured everyone soju.

 

Jiyong closed his eyes and nodded.

 

“Yes. Hyung would want us to be happy. Here’s to many more reunion!”

 

‘And to seeing you again, hyung.’

 

All of them followed their leader and raised their glasses.

 

 

 

-PAGE BREAK-

 

 

 

They left the Ramen Bar around 10pm. Daesung and Youngbae bid the leader and maknae goodbye before getting into their respective cars. Jiyong hugged Seungri one last time and walked out of the Bar too.

 

Jiyong fished out his earphones and put them into his ears. He scrolled through his list of music and settled with Haru Haru.

 

As Seunghyun’s rap started, Jiyong looked ahead at the dark street that was barely illuminated by the streetlights. It was quiet and peaceful at this hour. Jiyong is grateful for it. He walked down the slightly sloped street, memories of Bigbang as a group came up. He remembered when they first won Song of The Year with Lies. The emotions, the tears.

 

He remembered when they came back stronger as a team with the album Alive. He remembered going on a world tour with s, his friends, his FAMILY.

 

Seunghyun was always there. He remembered how Seunghyun would jump around like a toddler on sugar rush. He remembered all the stupid things Seunghyun would do to cheer everyone up backstage.

 

~ Haru Haru started playing in his ears ~

 

‘Don’t look back and leave,

don’t find me again and just live on.

Because I have no regrets from loving you, so only take the good memories.

I can bear it in some way,

I can stand it in some way.

You should be happy if you are like this.

Day by day it fades away.’

 

How it all changed three years ago.