Chapter Two

Lost Boys

 

 

 

Jiyong and Youngbae was in the recording room when the president called them.

 

“Jiyong-ah! Please gather all the members and meet me in my office. It’s really urgent!”

 

The president hung up before Jiyong could even answer. Something felt wrong.

 

“Youngbae-ah, call Daesung over, the president wants to see us right now. I’ll call the 2 Seunghyuns.”

 

He dialed the maknae first as he knew the younger would probably be late.

 

When he dialed Seunghyun’s number, no one was picking up. He tried again for at least 7 times, but the older man never picked up.

 

Jiyong was confused and he left a few texts for Seunghyun.

 

When Daesung and Seungri arrived at YG, the four of them decided to meet the president and apologise for Seunghyun’s absence.

 

“Hyun-suk hyung, we’re here but TOP hyung was not picking up.”

 

“Boys, please have a seat first. Please be prepared for what I am about to say.”

 

The boys settled into the sofa and looked at their president worriedly.

 

“We received a call earlier saying that Seunghyun was involved in a fatal traffic accident. The police are already on the scene along with emergency personnel. They will update us when there is more news.”

 

Jiyong felt all energy left his body. He vaguely noticed Youngbae and Seungri standing up and asking about the accident, clearly worried for their oldest hyung. Daesung was still sitting next to him, staring into nothingness and tears started to fall. Jiyong wanted to comfort the younger man but he couldn’t do anything. He was so confused and helpless himself.

 

 

 

-PAGE BREAK-

 

 

 

Daesung was sitting in the YG cafeteria, eating his delicious Omurice when a Bigbang song came up on the big screen. He subconsciously started to bop his head slightly to the familiar rhythm of Blue.

 

He saw Jiyong walking around the corner and called out cheerfully.

 

“Hyung!”

 

Jiyong looked up and Daesung noticed that the smaller man looked awfully tired. He stood up and reached for Jiyong.

 

“Hyung, are you alright?”

 

“Oh yeah. I was up writing a song.”

 

Daesung dragged Jiyong to the table and gave him a carton of unopened chrysanthemum tea.

 

“Hyung, you need to take care of yourself better.” Daesung started to nag.

 

Jiyong poked the straw and took a sip.

 

“Yes yes, omma. Anyways, are you free in a bit?” Jiyong said, smiling at his dongsaeng.

 

“Yeah, I’m free for the rest of the day, waeyo?”

 

“The song I wrote yesterday, I think it suits you, Dae. I want you to listen to it.”

 

 

 

-PAGE BREAK-

 

 

Once in Jiyong’s usual recording room, he went straight to the computer while Daesung settled into the sofa at the back.

 

~ The melody for Baby Don’t Cry starts playing from the speakers ~

 

Even though many people left you

This song will forever be by your side

Even though all your friends left you

I’ll continue to stand here next to you

Baby don’t cry, baby don’t cry, baby don’t cry

Someday you’ll shine, please give me your smile

Baby don’t cry, baby don’t cry, baby don’t cry

One more time, for me, just give me your smile.

 

Jiyong swivelled the chair around and closed his eyes, enjoying the music.

 

Daesung just stared at his hyung. He looked awfully young and ….. broken.

 

When was the last time he saw the signature G-Dragon shy smile? How his hyung used to collapse onto the floor in a heap of laughing mess.

 

When was the last time any of them actually genuinely felt happy? Jiyong didn’t even perform on stage anymore.

 

“So Dae, any comments?” Daesung didn’t even notice that the song had ended and Jiyong was looking at him expectantly.

 

“It’s nice hyung. I like it.” Daesung smiled.

 

“Good, we can start recording …….”

 

“Hyung.” Jiyong was interrupted by his dongsaeng.

 

“Do you think, he is still alive?” Daesung asked quietly, almost like he was scared of the answer.

 

Jiyong flinched but didn’t answer. He swivelled back to face the screen.

 

“Hyung, it has been 3 years since the incident. The police gave up on the search after a year. But somehow, I know that he is still around.” Daesung rested his face into his left hand.

 

“He is Dae. They never found a body, which means we still have hope.” Jiyong sat next to Daesung and pulled the younger man into a hug.

 

“I miss him, hyung. I miss him so much.”