VI

Sugar & Spice!

Yeosang opened his eyes and blinked at the ceiling groggily. Everything seemed just a tad bit too bright and the colours just a tad bit too neon in his eyes; it was like waking up years after you had accepted death. Yeosang let his eyes blink again, readjusting to the lights of the ceiling: his whole world spinning in the small view he had of the place. 

Around his wrists and ankles, he felt a sharp, deep sensation pressing against the flesh of his joints, digging deep into his skin and no undoubtedly leaving marks. He whimpered against the tiny voice in his mind telling him to show no pain and tilted his head to look around the room. He had no absolute idea where the hell he was and if he was still in a room with the people who had kidnapped him.

He wondered if the guys had left him for dead meat before running off like cowards. He assumed that in reality, he hadn't cost as much as they had wanted and had discarded him off to the side like he was disgusting useless rubbish. Alone —

And then he remembered that he, in fact, hadn't been alone when he had gotten kidnapped and taken; Wooyoung had been by his side. His stubborn, idiotic best friend had been by his side to comfort him and help him get through the rest of the day. Yeosang felt all the feelings and memories swim back to him in a river of remembrance. 

Yeosang had forgotten that after Wooyoung and he had planned to stuff themselves with ice-cream, Wooyoung had been determined on confessing his feelings to San. Pure — maybe that wasn't the exact right word, but Yeosang was in a hysterical state of blubbering in his brain — sweet, San: he wouldn't know what had hit him when Wooyoung confessed. Yeosang hated a tiny part of him for ruining Wooyoung's and San's shot at ultimate happiness. 

After all, Yeosang had been the one to push them together in hopes of them confessing their love and now, he was the one standing in the way of the future. It was all his fault. 

"He's awake, Boss." Someone said and Yeosang squinted at the lean figure in the shadows, the outline of his body the only thing he was able to see. The room was basking in a soft light of yellow, but where the male was standing, the corner was dark and gloomy; perfect for him to hide his face. 

"Good, introduce him to his friend." Another voice said, harshly. Yeosang stared at the figure as it moved to the right, reaching out to flip a light switch. The whole room flooded with white light, illuminating the room and the content in it. As Yeosang blinked, his eyes focused on another body tied to the chairs; a guttural scream ripping from his throat. 

Wooyoung was laying on the chair, unconscious, body and face beat until he was bruised and bloody. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Seonghwa tried to focus on the task of making coffee, but somewhere in the back of his mind, he could feel a small sense of unease set in. It had spread in the recent hours of work until it was all the way through his blood and gnawing at his stomach. He stared at the cup in his hand before handing it over to the customer with a clipped smile.

"Here's your order. Come back soon." 

"Oh, I will." The lady winked and walked away, the cup firmly in her claw-nail hands. Seonghwa sighed and wiped the counter clean of dirt and the small coffee spillage that had happened moments ago. He couldn't believe that he had been living alone and away from his parents for almost a month. It was crazy if Seonghwa really pondered on it. 

He kind of wanted to go back home; at least a minor part of him wanted to retreat into hiding and not have to deal with the outside world again. Another part of him — a bigger part — wanted to stay and continue seeing Yeosang's face every day. Continue seeing Jongho's shy face when Hongjoong kissed him on the cheek every time he greeted him after work hours. Continue hearing San's cheeky remarks on how Seonghwa loved him and Wooyoung's snappy retorts. Continue seeing Yunho and Mingi flirt obviously to each other: not knowing the feelings they had for each other were mutual. 

"The usual." Seonghwa looked up at the familiar voice, seeing Hongjoong standing there with newly dyed blue hair. Seonghwa marvelled at the fact that Hongjoong could switch hair colours and still look as flawless as he did. 

"One usual coming up." Seonghwa smiled, the only real smile he had shown a customer today. Over the last week, Wooyoung and Yeosang hadn't shown up once and Seonghwa was getting kind of antsy in their absence. "Your hair looks nice." Seonghwa complimented as he started on Hongjoong's order of an iced frappuccino. 

Hongjoong hummed. "Wanted a change," Hongjoong said and Seonghwa nodded, banging a random machine that had started to make a funny noise. He had to do that often: it was getting so annoying that he was tempted to ask Jennie if he could restock the whole entire kitchen with the newest essentials. Seonghwa pursed his lips.

"Hongjoong..?" Seonghwa trailed off and waited for Hongjoong to grumble for him to continue. When he did get permission, he turned away so that Hongjoong couldn't see his face. "Have you heard from Yeosang and Wooyoung lately?" He asked, hearing Hongjoong shift behind him. 

"No," Hongjoong muttered. "Why?" He questioned and Seonghwa gulped, blinking down at the empty cup. 

"I just wondered because... well, normally San won't shut up about Wooyoung and I know they've had a fight, but I would've thought that by now they would've resolved it. I understand Wooyoung not wanting to come and see San, but the fact that they don't come and see you or Jongho? I think it's a bit strange and I'm... worried. Anxious even." Seonghwa admitted, quietly, making Hongjoong sigh. 

"Look, Seonghwa, I know that you're new here and wouldn't understand what happens between San and Wooyoung when they fight, but Wooyoung's fine. Honestly, he is. So is Yeosang. Whenever San and Wooyoung get into an argument, they usually forget it really quickly, but this time it's different. San overstepped a line between the two of them and you know how complicated their relationship is — it's going to take way more time to bond again." Hongjoong explained and Seonghwa frowned as he finished Hongjoong's drink. 

"I understand that, Joong," Seonghwa said, turning and handing the drink to the shorter male. "But, it just doesn't add up. Yeosang would've been here to see how San's doing — I know I've known you only a month, but I've sat back all my life and silently watched people's dynamics and I know that Yeosang isn't the type of person to give up on someone just because their best friend had a fight with them. Yeosang is the type of person who checks up on both of them and asks if they're both okay." Seonghwa muttered. Hongjoong took the drink after a best of hesitancy. 

"I know, I know, that I have no right to be saying I know all of you when I really don't, but Yeosang... Yeosang's kind of like me. He doesn't give up on someone so easily." Seonghwa said, watching Hongjoong look up at him in thought. He could see Hongjoong's eyes sparkle in the way they did when he was thinking through something big and ludicrous. "All I'm asking you, though, is to call or text them both, maybe even pop in for a surprise visit. Just check if they're okay and well because if you all think they need space: it might actually be the exact opposite." Seonghwa said. 

"I'll check," Hongjoong promised before waving to Seonghwa and walking through the door to Jongho's workplace. After a moment, San strutted out, shoulders drooping more than Seonghwa thought was possible for a human being. 

"Hey, Seonghwa," San grumbled, leaning onto the counter while Seonghwa scrubbed the worktop again and started cleaning the machines. He had noticed that they had started to get dirty and now, he was even more tempted to ask Jennie if he could buy new equipment. 

"Sannie." Seonghwa cooed, reaching across the counter and ruffling the boy's hair. "Listen, San, I know you're worried about Wooyoung and I'm equally worried about Yeosang. So, all I ask of you is to explain to me what happens between Wooyoung and you when you fight." Seonghwa said and San looked at Seonghwa in shock. The boy had shifted from Eomma to Appa real quick. 

"E-Er..." San stuttered before sighed and slumping downwards. "Woo and I always fight about something petty when we do argue. B-But, it's never been like this! He hasn't ignored me for this long; he won't answer my texts or calls — he won't even read them!" San cried and Seonghwa frowned.

He had a feeling he knew what had happened and if he was right, he couldn't risk people around him knowing his identity. He had a feeling that Wooyoung and Yeosang already knew who he was though, so he figured that he would have to tell the whole entire friend group too; including San.

"San, we're going to get him back, okay?" Seonghwa muttered and San blinked at him. 

"Back? He hasn't gone anywhere!" San exclaimed and Seonghwa shushed him, whispering for him to be quiet. San obeyed silently with a quivering pout and sad eyes. "Just be quiet and I'll go and ask Jennie for the rest of the day off," Seonghwa said, taking off his apron. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

Minutes later, Seonghwa and San exited the shop and made their way over to Seonghwa's apartment, Seonghwa shoving the door open after he had unlocked the door. San stared at him as he did, eyes confused and questioning.

"San, I'll explain everything," Seonghwa promised, causing Jimin to look up at him from where he was sitting on the couch, leaning on Jungkook. Jungkook had come back with his friends and they were staying at Taehyung's place. Seonghwa was a little relieved to see Jungkook and Jimin sitting there.

"Explain what, Hwa?" Jimin asked and Seonghwa shut the door with a whispered curse. 

"Wooyoung and Yeosang have been kidnapped and the people who did it, are looking for me," Seonghwa said and San gaped at him while Jimin sighed. 

"I knew this would happen sooner or later," Jimin muttered, getting to his feet and looking at Jungkook. "Baby, call Namjoon and tell him the gang need to get here fast and bring their gear. Tell him it's an emergency." He said and Jungkook nodded, disappearing out into the hallway, phone clutched in his hands. Jimin turned back to the duo.

"We'll get them back and to you unharmed." Jimin smiled softly and dragged them into the living room, forcing them to sit down. Seonghwa sat, trying to digest what Jimin had said to Jungkook. 

"You're in a gang?" Seonghwa asked, quietly and Jimin glanced at him as Jungkook strolled back into the room, whispering something in Jimin's ear, making the latter nod. 

"Yes, Hwa. I am; I wanted to hide it from you for as long as possible and protect you, but now, I know that that was a huge mistake. I should've trained you and taught you how to protect yourself and your friends. I should've for seen this, but I didn't and now your friends are in danger: just like you are." Jimin explained and Jungkook shook his head.

"Babe, this isn't your fault." Jungkoom murmured and Jimin nodded. 

"Your right. It's the bastard that took Hwa's friends fault and we're going to kill every last one of them." Jimin said, getting to his feet and retreating into the guest room to retrieve something. Seonghwa stared after him while Jungkook chuckled to himself. 

"Your brother can get in over his head sometimes," Jungkook said and Seonghwa nodded in agreement. "That's one of the reasons why I fell in love with him; he was strong and agile, far more capable than he looked. He dived headfirst into something if it included what he loved and now is nothing different. He's fighting so hard because people you love are captured, Seonghwa, not because he cares for them — because he cares for you." Jungkook said with a smile. Seonghwa blinked. 

"But, I... he didn't tell me," Seonghwa whispered, watching Jungkook's face become soft with warmth. 

"Would you have?" Jungkook asked. "You still haven't told your secret to your friends and the reason you are now is that you're being forced into it by bad people. Just like Jiminie is. He didn't want to tell you this as much as you didn't want to tell handsome over there." Jungkook explained, referring to San who was sat huddled in the corner of the couch with his head buried in his hands. "Seonghwa, your brother is protecting you and has been for most of his life. 

Do you know what people would do when they find out that Park Jimin is in a gang? What people would do when they find out that their enemy in a rival gang actually had a brother incapable of using self-defence? Even Jinyoung knows how to fight and use a gun, but you don't, Hwa. Jimin has helped you start anew with nothing to hold you back when he decided to hide all this gang stuff from you." Jungkook said, quietly. "And in my experience, Jiminie made the correct choice," Jungkook said. Before Seonghwa could question Jungkook more on it, Jimin walked back into the room. 

Seonghwa's mouth dropped open at what Jimin was wearing; black ripped jeans and a black sparkly t-shirt. Over that, he had thrown on a black leather jacket and some dark sunglasses. His hair was slicked back, showing off his forehead. Just under his t-shirt, Seonghwa could see the tip of a tattoo poking out, the whole thing looked like it was just black and white. 

"I didn't know you had a tattoo," Seonghwa said and Jimin chuckled, walking towards one of his suitcases that he had brought — the one he had asked Seonghwa to never ever look in — and inlocked it. San was now looking up and observing what Jimin was doing silently, his gaze curious. 

"There's a lot you don't know about me, little one," Jimin said and smiled at the contents inside the suitcase. Seonghwa shuffled forward to get a look and gulped; inside was a load of knives, ranging in size and type, and three guns along with some devices that Seonghwa couldn't recognise. Jimin shared a glance with Jungkook, who nodded with a small smile. 

Seonghwa watched as Jimin grabbed two knives and slid them into his black boots — Seonghwa hadn't even noticed the holsters. He thought that it was useful for hiding his weapons from enemies and rival gangs. Jimin picked up two more knives and slid them into his jacket. He grabbed both of the guns and slid them into the holsters he had on his jeans before straightening up and smiling at Seonghwa. 

"I'll go get ready," Jungkook said, getting to his feet and kissing Jimin on the cheek. He retreated into the bedroom with a shout. "The gang will be here in a minute, make sure the other kid won't faint." Even from the living room, they could hear Jungkook laughing to himself. Jimin rolled his eyes as San got up and edged towards the suitcase, grabbing a knife and examining it. 

"You bring these everywhere?" San asked, quietly and Jimin hummed in affirmation. San got to his feet with a chuckle. 

"Look, kid, be careful with that; you don't know how to use it," Jimin said and San looked up with a smirk; his eyes had taken on a crazy light that made Seonghwa speechless. San twiddled the knife between his hands, it travelled throughout his hand before he chucked it in the air and caught it. 

"Oh, you think I don't?" He asked then threw it: the blade flying through the air and heading right towards Jimin. It sailed right past Jimin's head, the blade nicking his ear and burying itself right in the wooden arch leading to the hallway. Jimin froze. 

"San..." Seonghwa whispered, staring at the boy in shock as he slipped past Jimin and yanked out the knife, staring down at it with something unreadable in his eyes. 

"You're not the only who knows someone in a gang," San said. "Just like you're not the only one who has secrets in the group. No one knows that my brother is the leader of a gang; I'm the person who has to take the leader position if something happens to him." San explained, looking up at Seonghwa with a sad smile. "I wanted to keep this from Wooyoung and everyone else because who would want a guy from a gang that would only bring bad luck?" San asked. 

Seonghwa sighed. "It's not like, San. I've only been here for a month and I can tell that the group will only be kind towards you. They would understand and support what you decide to do." Seonghwa said and San eyed him with doubt. 

"I don't want to interrupt this soft moment between you two, but I would love to know who your brother is," Jungkook said from the doorway, making San chuckle, spinning the dagger in his hands like he was twirling a pen.

"Choi Seungcheol," San said. Jimin gasped. "Leader of the gang called Seventeen." San continued with a tight smile. "If anything, I never wanted to be leader, but Cheol-hyung insisted, but I have a feeling that he's going to give the position to Jeonghan-hyung." San mused while Jungkook blinked. 

"Seungcheol? As in Gyu's leader?" Jungkook asked, turning to Jimin, who nodded. "Oh, well, this is great; we could call Seventeen and ask for a favour!" Jungkook said then he looked at San with a grin. "It could help Wooyoung and Yeosang."

"Fine. I'll call him."