I

Sugar & Spice!

Seonghwa tugged the thick fur coat he was wearing closer around his body, savouring the slight warmth it gave him in the chilly afternoon. 

He was currently on his way to his work: the coffee shop just down the street of his new apartment building. 

He had just moved into the building and had immediately signed up for a job because although he was very well off, he wanted to be an independent person that didn't rely on his 'daddy's bank account'. 

He hated that his parents didn't teach him how to do simple things like cook and wash his dirty washing because now he had to learn how to do that himself. He thought that it just wasn't fair because if there was someone who knew what it was like to be pampered; it was Park Seonghwa. 

Park Seonghwa was one of three sons of the famous CEO of a huge business company that shipped things worldwide and everyone knew his Appa's name. Everyone. 

It was just lucky that no one knew what Seonghwa looked like as he never really did have a reason to leave the house; he was home-schooled as his parents could afford a way better tutor than any teacher. He had everything he could ever need at home and since he was the youngest of three, he was spoiled by his parents. 

His two older brother's — Park Jinyoung, who was the oldest and Park Jimin; the middle child, was perfect and smart. They went to high-class schools because unlike their little brother; they had a choice if they wanted to go to school or stay home. And they both had chosen school.

So, Seonghwa was forced to sit alone in the house, waiting and waiting for his tutor to come and give him lessons then wait for his parents to get home from work and his brothers to get home from school. 

His parents were always the last to come home and they would always come home at separate times; acting as if they didn't know each other. 

Seonghwa now knew that it was because his Eomma had cheated on his Appa for no other reason except that he didn't fulfil her ual desires because he worked too much for her. Seonghwa had also heard her complaining about his Appa to a maid once when he was sixteen. 

"I just don't see the whole deal with him, Mary." She had told the maid, rolling her eyes as Mary cleaned the shelves with pursed lips. Seonghwa's Eomma was sitting comfortably on the couch, legs folded neatly beneath her. 

"What don't you see, Madam Park?" Mary had replied, curtly and Seonghwa's Eomma had scoffed. 

"Why our sons adore him so much and like me less. I mean I'm better than him in so many ways and well — he's not very smart. He's not very capable with the children either." Seonghwa's Eomma had said and Seonghwa had left straight after; unable to hear the false accusations his Eomma was spewing about his Appa. 

They always had problems when he was younger; always having petty arguments and way over half of the arguments were caused by his Eomma. 

Seonghwa didn't understand why his Eomma hated his Appa so much. 

"I and your Eomma weren't meant to be together, Hwa." He remembered his Appa telling him when he was six, rocking them back and forward while his Eomma was upstairs doing something useless. 

His Appa had always been the more thoughtful one and the most caring out of Seonghwa's two parents: always coming up and tucking them in and kissing their foreheads. Whispering an 'I love you' sweetly — sometimes even singing a little lullaby for the younger to drift off to sleep. 

It wasn't because Seonghwa was more favoured than the other two — his Appa only sang to Seonghwa because Seonghwa was the only one that asked for it. His Appa sang to Seonghwa while the other two siblings asked for a bedtime story, cuddling a pillow as they listened. 

Seonghwa only asked for a lullaby because he had always had trouble getting to sleep and they later found out that Seonghwa had a case of insomnia. 

Thankfully, it wasn't as bad as his parents feared, but it gradually had gotten worse, so sometimes Seonghwa had to take sleeping pills. This was so that he wasn't tired in the morning, dying from exhaustion. 

His case of insomnia was Onset Insomnia — difficulty falling asleep at the beginning of the night. 

His Appa had rocked him back and forward that night, waiting for the maids to call them for dinner while his brothers were upstairs, doing homework. His Eomma was doing who-knows-what, but Seonghwa didn't really care — he had always had a deeper bond with his Appa. 

"I don't understand, Appa." Seonghwa had whispered, quietly and his Appa had hummed in his ear, his chest reverberating and making Seonghwa tremble slightly from the movement.

"You will in time, darling, you will in time." His Appa had replied and then the conversation was cut off by their maid and they never spoke of the topic again. 

At least, not until Seonghwa had left the house and told his Eomma that he was leaving. His Appa had been perfectly fine with it as he had always encouraged Seonghwa to follow his own path. The only thing he had said, though, was to warn Seonghwa to keep a low profile. 

His Appa didn't want Seonghwa to be bombarded with photographers and news personnel because if Seonghwa's picture and credentials were leaked, people would find him and hunt him down.

Some people just loved to torment the rich and his Appa didn't want that cruelty to be inflicted upon Seonghwa. 

His Eomma wasn't so excepting, but he had pushed through and his Appa had helped him buy the house — even giving him the choice on whether or not he wanted some loans. His Appa was just trying to look out for him, but Seonghwa had politely declined and his Appa had been content with that. 

Seonghwa thought that his Appa was the most amazing and humble man in the whole entire world. 

His Eomma hadn't turned up to see him off, but the rest of his family had; his Appa kissing his forehead and telling Seonghwa to call him when he got to the apartment as it was over one hour away. He couldn't be near the main business building and his house or people would get suspicious. 

His brother's had got him departure gifts, ruffling his hair and telling them to keep in touch often. His maids and tutor from his childhood were also there, hugging him and embracing him as if he was travelling to a different country. 

And, in a way, Seonghwa guessed that he kind of was — it was a foreign place he was travelling too, with foreign people he didn't know. Foreign buildings and a different bed to sleep in without an Appa there to sing him to sleep. 

He knew that it was going to he different and painful, but he needed the separation: longed for something outside of his huge mansion and caring family. 

He wanted to find love. 

And not that hurtful love his parents had going on, but something real and true that he could rely on. Something that filled him with love and joy: something that was irreplaceable. 

Seonghwa entered the little shop; it was a pastel blue with white flowers on each table, healthy and beautiful. It gave the air and the whole shop a sense of purity that the others around it didn't. 

Seonghwa loved it.

"Ah, you must be the new barista — come in — come in ~" The lady behind the counter greeted, gesturing for Seonghwa to come closer. Seonghwa smiled softly and closed the door of the shop behind him before approaching the lady.

She was young and beautiful with long, brown hair down to her waist and big, brown doe eyes that sparkled with innocence. Freckles were sprinkled across her cheeks and her dimples popped out when she smiled fully at Seonghwa. 

"Um, hello." Seonghwa greeted with a slight bow and the girl waved away the formalities with a flick of her wrist. There was a small door that separated behind the counter and the ordering space and the girl opened the door, slipping out. 

"I'm Jennie." She said with a warm smile and Seonghwa nodded, smiling as Jennie continued. "The reason this shop isn't specifically named as a Café is that there's a door over there ~" She pointed to the door behind her that Seonghwa had yet to explore. "Is the flower shop and then up there ~" She pointed to the ceiling. "Is the little library and studying area for college students and teenagers." She explained and Seonghwa nodded.

"So, this place is a three-way business?" He asked and Jennie tilted her head to the side with a shrug.

"I guess you could call this place a three-way business, but I actually own the whole building and then we have around seven workers — eight including you — Seonghwa right?" She asked, glancing at Seonghwa, who once again nodded.

"Yes: Park Seonghwa." Seonghwa introduced and Jennie smiled warmly, not sensing anything different or weird about his family name. Seonghwa breathed out a sigh of relief when Jennie looked away. 

"Okay, Seonghwa, the shop will be open in around twenty minutes, so you can go and take a look around — familiarize with your co-workers and the place you'll be working at for, hopefully, a long time," Jennie stated and Seonghwa grinned.

"I hope so too," Seonghwa said and Jennie patted Seonghwa's shoulder and disappeared off into the back to do something — Seonghwa had no clue what she was doing.

Seonghwa decided that going to the flower shop was the best choice because it was on the first floor and he had always loved looking and studying flowers. They were just so beautiful and different flowers had different meanings: it had always been interesting for Seonghwa. 

When he entered, he could clearly tell that it was a flower shop because the smell reminded him of the fresh fields filled with daisies and sunflowers. It smelt like the outdoors and Seonghwa was kind of sad that he hadn't signed up to work here. 

"Um, excuse me, but this store is closed ~" A worker called, appearing from the back and rushing to Seonghwa, who just stared at him, tilting his head. 

The male looked really young for someone to be working in a shop with brown hair and hazel eyes. He had slightly puffy cheeks, but a muscular figure as if he worked out a lot — Seonghwa didn't know if he wanted to squish the boy's cheeks or back away. 

"Hello?" The boy questioned, waving a hand in front of Seonghwa's face when he didn't respond. Seonghwa snapped into focus again and stared at the boy. "I said that the store isn't open yet — you're going to have to come by later." He repeated and Seonghwa coughed awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck.

"I'm, um, I'm actually new here — the new barista?" Seonghwa said, almost like it was a question and the boy glanced at him before his mouth dropped open.

"Oh, I'm so sorry: it's been kind of a stressful day — my boyfriend was running late and — oh, I mean ..." He trailed off, obviously flustered and embarrassed and Seonghwa couldn't help but chuckle.

"It's fine; I would think I was a customer too," Seonghwa reassured and the boy sighed in relief. "I'm Park Seonghwa by the way." Seonghwa bowed and the boy laughed lightly, but did the same, straightening up and surveying Seonghwa. 

"Nice." He muttered then looked up at Seonghwa's face and smiled, sweetly. "Choi Jongho at your service. It's nice to have you working here; you're going to love it." He added and Seonghwa smiled, softly at the enthusiasm of the youngster. 

"Jongho, you do know that if you say that, Jennie still isn't going to give you a pay rise, right?" A boy asked with a chuckle, walking out from behind a bunch of flowers that were almost like a wall from where Seonghwa was standing. 

He hadn't even noticed the boy there.

"Of course, I do, San," Jongho said with an eye roll and San laughed, dimples popping out when he did so. San had blonde hair that looked slightly wet and was slicked back. His features were strikingly handsome and bold; his dark eyes lighting up. 

Seonghwa stared at him for a moment and when San finally turned to look at him, San raised an eyebrow quizzically. 

"Enjoying the view?" He teased and Seonghwa eyed him, warily. This boy could be a problem.

"Nope," Seonghwa said. "I was enjoying the view of the flower's behind you — that's the kind of stuff that catches my attention," Seonghwa replied, curtly and Jongho laughed, wincing in sympathy. 

"Ouch, dude," Jongho muttered and San shrugged it off, waving away the coldness Seonghwa was maintaining and walked to another set of flowers just to the left of Jongho. He started to mix the different types of flowers into one beautiful bouquet. 

"Don't worry, Seonghwa," San said with a blinding smile at the flowers. "I'm already interested in someone else, so you don't have to worry about getting me an anniversary gift." He said and Seonghwa scoffed.

"Hardly likely," Seonghwa said, glaring at San. The kid was really starting to get on his nerves with his self-flattery — it was like he was a Saint or something. "What makes you think I'd get you a gift when I don't even find you attractive?" Seonghwa demanded and San giggled. 

"Oh, everyone finds me annoying at first, but they all gradually come to love me," San stated. "Jongho's just one of those examples and I have no doubt that you are one of those people too," San added and Seonghwa sighed. 

"Whatever, I'm going up to the library," Seonghwa said and smiled at Jongho. "It was nice meeting you, Jongho, I'll see you around?" Seonghwa said and Jongho nodded with a grin. 

"See you around, Seonghwa." Seonghwa turned and spotted the stairwell the led upwards to the second floor and the library. He started walking towards it when San's voice interrupted his journey. 

"What about me, Seonghwa?" He asked and even though Seonghwa was turned around, he could feel the smirk on San's lips. Seonghwa gritted his teeth. "Aren't you going to say goodbye?" He teased and Seonghwa shook his head, ignoring him as he began to climb up the stairs. 

He could still hear San laughing even as he arrived at the final step and entered the huge library; it stretched along the whole entire second floor. Books were everywhere — the different coloured spines shining in the light. 

A girl was sitting on a chair, arms and head on the table and she seemed like she was sleeping. Her eyes were closed and her breathing was like she was in a deep slumber. 

Seonghwa wavered on going to wake her up, exploring the library quietly on his own or slowly descending the stairs and going back to the flower shop. 

Then he thought of San's obnoxious teasing and before he could stop himself, he was in front of the girl and tapping her shoulder. He waited until the girl blinked up at him, groggily. 

"W-Who are you?" She croaked, looking around the library before she cursed loudly and quickly stood up, carding her fingers through her hair. She smoothed the stray strands into place and then looked at Seonghwa in question. 

"Who are you?" She repeated, eyes tired. She had big bags under her eyes and Seonghwa kind of pitied her because he knew what it was like to have next to none sleep. 

"I'm Park Seonghwa — the new barista." He told her, bowing and she smiled softly, leaning down to do the same. Seonghwa straightened and watched as the girl checked him out — it was obvious she liked what she saw when she blushed. 

"I'm Jisoo." She said and Seonghwa nodded with a smile before glancing around the library again quickly. He could still see Jisoo checking him out and staring at him and it kind of made him squirm uncomfortably. He wasn't used to the attention and he didn't like the way she looked at him. 

Like he was a piece of meat ready to be devoured.

Luckily, before she could say anything else, Seonghwa's phone rang and he quickly excused himself before turning and walking down the stairs. He retrieved his phone from his back pocket and answered it without looking at the caller.

"Hello?" He questioned with a tight smile. He still couldn't get Jisoo's hungry look out of his mind and it was making him shudder in fear. 

"Hey, kiddo!" His Appa exclaimed and Seonghwa jumped down the last step just as he heard his Appa's voice and he startled, slipping and landing on his . Jongho and San looked to the commotion as Seonghwa groaned. "Kiddo?" His Appa asked in concern and Seonghwa got to his feet, waving away the looks of worry the duo were giving him. 

"I'm fine, Appa, just slipped down the stairs." He muttered and his Appa chuckled, happily. "Hey, don't make fun of me!" Seonghwa protested, pouting slightly and his Appa snickered. 

"I'm sorry — I'm sorry, kiddo." His Appa apologised, but Seonghwa knew he was anything but sorry. "Anyway, I called because Jimin and Jinyoung said they were going to visit you and your workplace. They, um ..." He trailed off and Seonghwa groaned. 

"Don't tell me they hacked into my computer: that slimy bastard!" Seonghwa cursed and the other two gave him a strange look — Seonghwa ignoring them with a scowl at the wall. "When are they arriving?" Seonghwa asked and he heard his Appa gulp. "They're already here?" He shrieked and his Appa was silent. 

"Maybe ..?" He whispered and Seonghwa sighed.

"You have got to be kidding me, Appa, why didn't you stop them?" Seonghwa whined and his Appa coughed awkwardly. 

"I was the one to propose the idea ..?" He muttered and Seonghwa was speechless: utterly speechless. "Listen, kiddo, I want what's best for you and how am I supposed to know if you have the best when I'm not even there?" He questioned and Seonghwa sighed.

"Appa, you don't need to be two parents in one if this is what you're thinking about, okay?" Seonghwa said. "Only because Eomma wasn't there when I left and didn't show up to my graduation, doesn't mean you and hyung's have to make it up to me," Seonghwa said. His Appa hummed.

Because Seonghwa was home-schooled at the demanding order of his Eomma, Seonghwa had a small graduation party at home to which his Appa and hyung's attended along with loads of his butlers and maids that were there for him when he was younger — even if they no longer worked at the mansion. 

His Eomma was the only one who hadn't shown up, but Seonghwa was used to it and actually welcomed the silence of his Eomma's presence.

"I know that, kiddo." His Appa reassured and there was a knocking at the shop's door coming from the Café area. "That should be them, kiddo. I have to get back to work, but call me when your shifts over; I want to know how your day went." His Appa said and Seonghwa smiled. 

"Thanks, Appa, for everything. I love you." Seonghwa said and his Appa chuckled.

"I love you too, kiddo." And then the conversation ended and Seonghwa was pocketing his phone again and was following Jongho and San into the Café area. He flushed in embarrassment when he saw his brothers knocking at the door, grinning widely.

Jennie appeared from the back and her eyebrows raised up her forehead. 

"What the ..?" She trailed off as Seonghwa sighed. 

"Do you mind letting them in? They're my brothers and it seems like they came to visit me even though it been three days since I last saw them." Seonghwa muttered and Jennie chuckled, clicking her fingers at the door. 

"You could've just asked nicely." San sulked, opening the door and Jinyoung and Jimin burst inside; Jimin bounding over to Seonghwa and embracing him tightly, laughing with pure glee.

"Hey, Hwa-Hwa." He giggled and Seonghwa sighed, hugging him back as Jinyoung looked around, eyeing the flowers and tables, eyes wandering around the whole entire place as if he was judging it. "Oh, I hope you don't mind that me, Jinyoung, Jaebum and Jungkook inhabited your apartment, do you?" Jimin asked and Seonghwa pulled back in shock.

"You broke into my apartment? I wasn't even done unpacking!" Seonghwa exclaimed and Jinyoung chuckled. 

"It's not hard when you keep the door unlocked and still; Jungkook could've broken the lock — that's why he's dating Jimin. You know he loves boy's with muscles — it's his secret kink after all." Jinyoung said and Jimin took off his shoe, throwing it at Jinyoung, who cackled as he dodged the flying missile. 

"It's not, Hyung!" Jimin snapped and Jinyoung held his hands up in surrender when Jimin pouted then he glanced at me and brightened again. "Oh, Taehyung's also visiting because he lives here with his boyfriend, Yoongi," Jimin said then he lit up with a huge smile. "We can meet here!" He exclaimed and Seonghwa groaned. 

"Why is Appa doing this to me?" He muttered, rubbing his temple as Jimin happily pulled out his phone and face-timed Taehyung. It rang and rang and Jinyoung appeared behind Jimin, staring at the phone, sternly. Seonghwa shook his head as the others in the room just stared at him. He shrugged because even he didn't know what they were doing. 

Taehyung answered the call and his face appeared on the screen along with Yoongi's and someone else's. 

"Jungkook? What the are you doing at Taehyung's house?" Jimin demanded and Jungkook looked confused as he stared at Jimin. Seonghwa crept closer and his eyes widened in realisation. 

"Hey, that's my apartment. You ers better not have had there!" Seonghwa shouted and Yoongi chuckled as Taehyung giggled. 

"Already done that; your bed's comfy by the way," Taehyung said and Seonghwa growled as Jimin quickly threw the phone at Jinyoung, who caught it. Seonghwa dived at Jimin and tackled him to the ground.

"They had on my bed, Jimin: my precious bed!" Seonghwa exclaimed, choking Jimin, who was laughing like a maniac. Jinyoung sighed and started to have a conversation like his brothers weren't just wrestling beneath him. 

"Okay, I'll come in a bit, bye hyung," Taehyung said and they hung up, Jinyoung tucking Jimin's phone back into his pocket and walking to the youngsters, picking them up. 

Jennie had gone into the back again, but San and Jongho were still watching the trio with amused eyes because honestly, there was nothing exciting going on in the morning. 

Then Jennie appeared again with a huge smile.

"Seonghwa, get ready for your first day on the job cause we're opening now!" She exclaimed and Seonghwa smiled brightly, ditching his brothers to go and get his apron. 

He couldn't wait for the day to begin.