II

Sugar & Spice!

Seonghwa's day was going pretty well if the fact that he hadn't spilt anyone's coffee or dropped anyone's order of a chocolate muffin, said anything. 

Honestly, Seonghwa was surprised with himself that the day was going so well, but the thing that made him the most annoyed was the fact that by the time he had finished doing a long line of customers, his back was soaked through with sweat. 

That was just something he had to get used to, he supposed. 

No wonder they had wanted someone as a barista — the place was practically swarming with students, who wanted to eat before studying and people on dates along with business men and women. 

Yet, Seonghwa knew he definitely didn't hate the job.

In fact, he was kind of loving it already. 

"One chocolate scone and a caramel, honey coffee, cutie." A boy with pink hair said, leaning on the counter as he raised his eyebrows at Seonghwa. 

"Since this is my first day on the job and I don't want to get fired, I'll pretend I didn't hear that." Seonghwa said to the male before grimacing as if he was trying for a fake smile. "One chocolate scone and one caramel, honey coffee coming up." He said and the male was about to walk away when someone entered out of the door to the flower shop. 

"Wooyoung!" San exclaimed, quickly walking to Wooyoung and embracing him tightly. It was lucky that there was no more people looking to order because Seonghwa and the customers wouldn't have enjoyed the hold-up. 

"Hey, Sannie." Wooyoung exclaimed, hugging back tightly, the duo rocking side to side for a moment before San pulled backwards. He spotted Seonghwa and a sly grin spread across his face.

"Don't." Seonghwa warned, glaring at San. "If you say something, I'll poor his caramel coffee all over you head." Seonghwa threatened and San giggled while Wooyoung looked between the both of them. 

"You two know each other? Already?" Wooyoung asked and he looked kind of sad; Seonghwa caught onto what he was thinking and shook his head. 

"Nope, nope, no." Seonghwa gagged and turned away to make Wooyoung's coffee, grabbing the pre-made scone and wrapping it up. 

Seonghwa was amazing at multi-tasking which was why Seonghwa thought that Jennie had picked him for the job. He certainly was handling the new barista job like he had been there for over ten years already. 

"Seonghwa apparently hates me, but I'll win him over." San told Wooyoung, who giggled; knowing all about San's shenanigans and teasings because he had once been on the end of them when he had first gotten to know San. 

San glanced around the shop, looking confused.

"Where did your brothers go?" He asked and Seonghwa hummed, a small smile coming to his lips when he thought about his brothers. 

"They went to pick up their boyfriends; Jungkook and Jaebum and then Taehyung and Yoongi. They said they should be coming to the shop soon: they're just going shopping for Gucci or something. Jimin loves to spoil Taehyung even though his boyfriend is right next to him." Seonghwa shook his head as San's mouth dropped open.

"Your brother can afford Gucci?" He asked in awe, eyes widening as Seonghwa nodding, not realising he had said something weird. 

"Yeah, Jiminie doesn't like it, but Tae has always had a strange obsession with it." Seonghwa murmured, thinking about the time Taehyung had saved up for months just to buy a pair of slip ons: refusing the help of Jimin and the others. Taehyung had always preferred to get things by himself; earn it as he liked to say. 

"Can you afford Gucci?" Wooyoung questioned and Seonghwa frowned at the cup as it was filled with sweet brown liquid, soft foam on the top; the whole cup looking really nice.

"I — I can, I guess." Seonghwa stuttered before his frown got deeper. "But, I'm not my brothers; I don't like spending money much, so I always have loads of it piling up." Seonghwa explained. "I normally give some to my Grandma." Seonghwa added. Wooyoung and San noticed the sad look on his face, so they decided to leave Seonghwa to work. 

Once Seonghwa had finished Wooyoung's order, he called Wooyoung over, watching him take the scone and coffee before thanking him. Seonghwa waved it away and stared at San as he hugged Wooyoung before Wooyoung was walking out of the shop, promising to come back in an hour or so with someone named  Hongjoong and Yeosang. 

"I'm assuming that's the person you fancy." Seonghwa stated, glancing up at San with a raised eyebrow just as San blushed. Seonghwa looked down at the counter before quickly busying himself by cleaning the dirty surface down. 

It wasn't that he was jealous of what San and Wooyoung had — he wasn't even sure if he knew what the duo did have — it looked very complicated if Seonghwa was being honest. 

San definitely liked the pink-haired boy and if the sad, jealous look that Wooyoung had when San had greeted Seonghwa said anything, than Seonghwa was pretty sure Wooyoung had a crush on the other too. It was simply amazing to Seonghwa.

If he felt like that with someone, he would have reacted straight away and told them how he felt. He would have took the others hand and asked them to go out with him because he didn't have any company of someone he truly felt something for. 

Everyone he knew, he loved like family: he had been cooped up in his house for basically all of his life, so he hadn't had the time to date anyone or even have them type of feelings towards someone. 

It was all very foreign for him to be thinking about things like this. He had never even considered these things when he was sitting home, after all — even if he was bored out of his mind. 

The thought had never really struck until now.

"I — I — yeah." San stuttered and Seonghwa chuckled; this was the first time he had heard San embarrassed and it was kind of cute. It was cute in a way; the way he would blush and shrink, smile widely like in a trance reminded Seonghwa of those small girls in drama's when they met their crushes. When they were flustered and ended up tripping over a book or something. 

"Hmm, you'd make a nice couple." Seonghwa mused, glancing at San again to see him cover his cheeks with his hands. "Wooyoung seems like a nice guy to. Sweet." Seonghwa said and San sighed in content, staring into the air dreamily. 

"Yeah — he's quite the guy." San said and Seonghwa smiled wistfully at the counter as San began to dive into a detailed account of Wooyoung and his likes and dislikes. 

After a while, Seonghwa tuned the conversation out and continued scrubbing the counter until a load of people walked in; Wooyoung and his brothers being some of the people in the crowd. 

Seonghwa took all their orders until it was only a duo of people in front of him: Wooyoung and two other male's behind him like lost puppies. 

Seonghwa had seen his brother's, their boyfriends and Taehyung and Yoongi go and grab a table, sitting down and chatting quietly. They looked so happy that Seonghwa couldn't help but smile at them before looking at the customer up front. 

San had decided to stop talking when the group had walked in — to the relief and delight of Seonghwa's ears — and had resulted into staring at Wooyoung fondly instead. 

"Hey, hottie, mind if I get a piece of you instead of the muffins?" A stranger said, eyeing Seonghwa hungrily as he leaned against the counter, his friends smiling wolfishly in agreement. Seonghwa refrained the urge to gag at the man. 

"I'm afraid that's not possible, but we could gladly take this outside? I wouldn't mind breaking a few bones on the first day — this job is quite stressful." Seonghwa said, glaring icily at the man, who chuckled.

"Fiesty. I like that." He said before leaning closer, his breath fanning across Seonghwa's face, who leaned away. He could clearly smell the alcohol on the man's breath: his Eomma used to have some once in a while. Seonghwa had gotten used to the putrid smell in the living room.  

"Well, I don't like you. Now get off my counter before I end up doing something I'm going to regret later." Seonghwa growled, watching the man stay put as his friends eyed him warily; one even gnawing on his lip worriedly.

Seonghwa assumed that it was because of the fact that he had done this before — most likely countless times before. 

"Why should I?" He asked with a sly smile and not like the teasing one San would give him: this gave Seonghwa chills of fear.

"Because if you don't, I won't hesitate to you up until you're begging at my feet." Jimin growled from the side and Seonghwa's eyes darted to his brother, who was standing next to Jungkook, the two looking menacing together. 

" are we?" The man asked, turning lazily and his eyes widened when they landed on Jimin. "Holy , your hot." He said and Jimin rolled his eyes. 

"Kookie, relax." Jimin said and Seonghwa realised that Jungkook had taken a menacing step forward to the man up. Seonghwa watched with concern as Jimin pulled Jungkook back and intertwined their hands. The man scowled. 

"You can't do better than this?" He asked with a scoff and Jinyoung appeared next to Jungkook, face dark and menacing, eyes burning holes in the man's head. 

"The did you just say to my brother, ?" He demanded, taking a step forward before getting in the man's face. Seonghwa saw the man's face begin to get terrified. "If you don't leave now, I'll hunt you down and believe me when I say this; I'll be sure to make your life agony when you are dying." Jinyoung hissed, smirking as the man's friends grabbed the guy and pulled him out of the shop; the man not even protesting. 

Jinyoung sighed and rubbed his temples before glancing back at Jimin and Jungkook with anger. 

"Are you kidding me?" He demanded and Jimin opened his mouth. "Save it, Jimin, I can't protect the both of you never mind the three of you!" Jinyoung exclaimed and Seonghwa pursed his lips. 

"Jinyoung ~" 

"No, no, you, shut it." Jinyoung glowered; Seonghwa snapping his mouth shut as Jinyoung glared at him. "Appa should have never let you live alone and so far away." Jinyoung said and Seonghwa gaped at him as Jimin took a step forward.

"Come on, Jinyoung, you're being unreasonable — Seonghwa's going to come across these people everyday." Jimin countered and Jinyoung looked at him from his phone that he had pulled out of his pocket. 

"You don't understand, Jimin, Seonghwa has no idea what the world is like out here without our protection." Jinyoung argued and Jimin's face twisted. 

"And you do?" He hissed. Jinyoung's face dropped. "Just because Eomma's a douche doesn't mean Seonghwa doesn't get a chance to live his life. He's eighteen, Jinnie, let him be himself." Jimin whispered as Jinyoung glanced at Seonghwa, who was staring at the duo in fear. 

Everyone else in the line and San off to the side was quiet as they waited for the pair to finish and things to go back to normal. 

"He's too young and inexperienced ~" 

"And he's standing right here." Seonghwa said before looking between the duo, desperately. "Please, hyungs. Don't call Appa; I like it here, please." Seonghwa pleaded and Jinyoung stared at him before sighing and tucking his phone back into his pocket. 

"Fine, you have one month until me and Jaebummie come back to check on you. If I don't see them bags of exhaustion gone from your face then I'm sending you right back to Appa." Jinyoung stated and Seonghwa gulped.

"I have — Jinyoung you know I have ..." He trailed off, realising the stares of the other people in the line and Jungkook chuckled. 

"Don't worry, kid, you're going to be stuck with us for a week: might as well enjoy it." Jungkook said and Seonghwa groaned. 

"At least leave me alone to do my job then." He scowled and Jinyoung shrugged, leaning onto the counter to ruffle Seonghwa's hair, then left to join his table's conversation, sitting comfortably on Jaebum's lap. Jimin and Jungkook joined the end of the line and Wooyoung stepped up, opening his mouth.

"Nice to see you again, Wooyoung." Seonghwa said before Wooyoung could say anything and Wooyoung relaxed with a smile. 

"Hi, Seonghwa, I see San is still pestering you." Wooyoung commented and Seonghwa shook his head. 

"He's like a flea that boy is; I can never get him to go away." Seonghwa muttered, seeing San raise his hand to his chest, offendedly. Seonghwa grabbed an oven miffin and whacked San with it with a chuckle before looking back to Wooyoung.  "Now what would you like?" He asked and Wooyoung thought for a moment. 

"The same I had last time which was ~"

"A chocolate scone and a caramel, honey coffee; better not use the word cutie on the end though, I'm not in the mood to be sued yet." Seonghwa teased and Wooyoung laughed, airily and Seonghwa thought the sound was nice — San certainly perked up at the sound. 

"Wow, you have a great memory, Seonghwa." Wooyoung praised and Jimin nodded from behind them. 

"It's one of his best talents." He said. "Along with charming the ladies." Jimin said, nudging the male closest to him with red hair, who looked startled by the contact. Seonghwa giggled.

"Relax, Jiminie, you're scaring him." Seonghwa said before smiling at Wooyoung and the others. "Besides, I don't swing that way." He said before winking at the cute boy almost hiding behind Wooyoung. 

He was cute cute with longish blonde hair and big, hazel brown eyes that seemed deeper with emotions than Seonghwa could comprehend. He had a cute birthmark just next to his right eye — Seonghwa just thought he was adorable over all. 

The boy blushed. 

"Ooooohh." Wooyoung teased, nudging his friend, who blushed darker and Seonghwa smiled, warmly at him, watching Jimin fan himself with his hand — Jungkook rolling his eyes at his boyfriend's behaviour. 

"Oh, this is Kim Hongjoong and this it Kang Yeosang." He said, gesturing to the boy Seonghwa had addressed, who smiled softly and waved, shly. He seemed like the type of boy who'd be quiet in class, but really smart and very popular without trying. 

The other boy Wooyoung had introduced was short with bright red hair that was cut shorter than Yeosang's and bright eyes. He seemed happy, but was looking around for someone. 

"Nice to meet you." Seonghwa said then noticed someone walk in and looked at the trio again. "Is there anything else you would like?" He asked and Wooyoung nodded, telling Seonghwa their orders before they went to a table. They were staying and eating unlike Wooyoung before, who had grabbed his order and left quickly.

He took the orders of his brother and his boyfriend before the stranger at the very back of the line and once he had everything finished: all the orders dealt with, he closed his eyes and sighed contentedly. 

He really like the shop and his job, yet he had decided that he would avoid that Jisoo girl for the rest of his stay here: she gave him the creeps.

"Um, Seonghwa?" Someone asked and Seonghwa opened his eyes to see Jennie standing there, a towel around her neck — her hair was slightly wet and starting to curl. Seonghwa raised an eyebrow at her with a smile. 

"Yes, Jennie?" He questioned and she smiled, softly. 

"I just thought that you could take a break for a while; you've been working for over five hours straight and I knew it was busy and all, but this day seems to be really hectic." Jennie stated and Seonghwa tilted his head.

"But, who would be at the counter, taking the orders?" He asked and Jennie giggled.

"Me, silly!" She exclaimed and Seonghwa startled at her suddenly bright tone. "Just go and sit with your brothers or Yeosang or something — you seem to have taken a liken to him." Jennie said and raised an eyebrow when Seonghwa spluttered nonsense, while blushing heavily.

"I — I — hmmph." Seonghwa pouted and Jennie giggled as Seonghwa caved in and took off his apron, tucking it under the counter for future use and exiting behind the counter. He sighed as Jennie quickly went to retrieve her own apron and returned moments later, towel discarded from her neck, hair now tied up. 

Seonghwa approached his brother's table and nudged Jinyoung's shoulder with his hip. 

"Budge up, hyung." Seonghwa muttered and Jinyoung complied, sliding over and closer to Jaebum, glancing at Seonghwa as he placed his head on the older's shoulder. 

"Why're you hear and not manning the counter?" He asked and Seonghwa hummed, closing his eyes. 

"Jennie kicked me out and told me to take a break, hyung. I — you're really comfy." Seonghwa muttered and Taehyung chuckled. 

"You seem tired." Taehyung commented and if Seonghwa's eyes were open, he would've rolled them.

"Of course I am, I've been working for more than five hours." Seonghwa said and Jinyoung sighed. 

"What about college, Seonghwa, university?" He asked and Seonghwa shrugged. 

"I don't have any dreams to fulfill, so what's the point of going?" Seonghwa muttered, sensing the way the atmosphere seemed to drop and he felt a little guitly until Yoongi cleared his throat.

"It's okay to not have any dreams, Seonghwa." Yoongi stated and Seonghwa hummed, tiredly. 

"I know." He said simply before they all fell into an awkward silence that neither of them was brave enough to break.  

Seonghwa had worked so hard and so long that day without a break, that he fell asleep, his head laying on Jinyoung's shoulder. 

Seonghwa never sensed a pair of eyes on him, but he did dream about a blonde haired male that was adorably cute and had huge, gorgeous eyes. 

He fell asleep and got the best rest he had in years.