IV

Sugar & Spice!

Before we start, I just wanna say that this is highkey my favourite chapter. SO FAR OF COURSE. Haha. 

 

Yeosang wasn't the person to tell someone to go themselves as Wooyoung liked to say to pretty much anyone that sent a bad look in their direction. Everyone thought that they both were that one dramatic duo in the university. 

Yeosang thought that all of that was bull: complete bull in his eyes. And it was complete bull after all because Yeosang and Wooyoung weren't like that. 

Okay, maybe a little bit of the information was true if you were referring about Wooyoung, but Yeosang was just a chill guy, who was content with the way his life was going. 

He did not — definitely didn't — sign up for his friends clowning him after they exited the shop for the first time, Seonghwa's face still fresh in his mind, stomach warm when thinking about Seonghwa's cute smile. 

No one could blame him: Wooyoung said that he had the same reaction to Yeosang almost; he had thought that Seonghwa was hot. But, luckily San hadn't been in the room to hear the greeting he had given Seonghwa because Yeosang couldn't deal with San knocking on his door to cry about Wooyoung's obliviousness. 

San and Wooyoung had been in a sphere of awkward yet lovey-dovey moments ever since the two had both come to terms with their feelings about one another. 

Yeosang remembers each of the seperate days they had come crying about each other to him and he couldn't help but roll his eyes at the memory.

His friends really did need to get their lives straight, grow a ball or two and man up to confess to each other because Yeosang was going crazy being the cupid in their relationship. 

Yeosang was woken up at 3am to someone furiously banging on his door, not stopping even when Yeosang shouted for them to shut the up. He was never one to curse, but it was annoying when no one respected his personal space and precious beauty sleep. 

When the continuous banging continued, Yeosang huffed out a groan before throwing the covers off himself; not caring where they landed before getting to his feet and trotting to the door. He threw the door open and groggily rubbed at his tired, sore eyes to see San standing in the doorway. 

He would be lying if he said that San looked better than he did because San looked horrible. He had red eyes rubbed raw and slightly bloody lips from where he had been biting them so much. His skin was pale and skin tightened significantly more around his jaw and cheekbones. 

It was truly a terrible sight to see — so much so that all the pent up anger that Yeosang had for him interrupting his sleep slowly slipped away. 

He sighed and opened the door wider, pulling his oversized t-shirt over his exposed collarbone when it slipped down. 

San took the hint and slid inside Yeosang's apartment before walking into the living room as Yeosang shut the door and made his way to his kitchen. It was connected to Yeosang's living room, so he could easily look up and see San while he was talking. 

"Do you want a coffee, Sannie?" He asked, already shuffling around in his kitchen, looking for some cups and plates, but he clearly hadn't washed enough of them after his friends had come around for a study session. 

"No," San whispered, voice hoarse like he had been crying all day and night and Yeosang knew that he had in fact cried all day and night. He felt sad when he looked back at San's hunched figure. 

"Well, if you don't want coffee, I'm making you something to eat." He stated, listening to San as he grabbed some plates and put them onto the counter, eyes searching the kitchen for something to cook. 

Yeosang settled on making San a huge plate of snacks that he technically didn't make, but he was never going to tell anyone that. 

He plated them and made himself a coffee because although San didn't want one, he did, because he was ing tired and no one respected anyone's beauty sleep apparently. He sighed as he made his way over to San and placed the plate on the table. 

"So, what's wrong, Sannie?" Yeosang asked, reaching for his cup as he sat down and took a sip of the hot liquid — it wasn't boiling anymore because Yeosang had left it a bit to add his favourite snack to the pile on the plate. 

He really just couldn't help himself when it came to what he liked and San didn't look like he cared, so he figured he'd help himself to them. 

"Wooyoung is being stupid again, Yeosang." San whispered, his voice cracking as he buried his face in his hands and trembled lightly. Yeosang let him be because he had learned that San didn't like to be hugged and comforted until after he had got everything off his chest. 

San had once told him that although he liked it when people hugged him when he was upset, he sometimes got distracted and it just made him overall much more upset than before.

"Wooyoung's always stupid, Sannie." Yeosang stated, rolling his slightly as his sipped his coffee again. He knew where this conversation was heading, but he was surprised on why San was upset. He had thought that Wooyoung was at least a little smarter than that. 

"Yeah, well, he's apparently brain-dead then, Sangie." San mumbled, eyes fluttering shut as more tears fell from his eyes and dripped off his chin. Yeosang stayed quite, waiting for him to explain. "I saw Wooyoung making out with someone and then they left the party." San said; dropping the huge bomb and Yeosang almost choked. 

He was surprised to say the least; Wooyoung's a clingy person, but it was obvious that he had feelings for San, but the fact he made out with someone in front of San? Now that was something Yeosang wasn't expecting. 

"I know!" San wailed when he saw Yeosang almost choke to death, nodding his head as he cried and Yeosang's head started pounding. He wasn't ready for any of this so early in the morning.

"San." Yeosang said, sternly as he wiped his mouth and placed his cup on the table. He then looked up at San with his most deadliest glare and San shrank backwards. "Just ing tell him your feelings for goodness sake!" He exclaimed and San shook his head. 

"No!" He retorted, head falling back against the couch as he groaned and stretched his legs. Yeosang didn't bother pushing his feet out of his lap when they somehow landed on his lap: he was just used to it. His friends all liked skinship — except Jongho, of course. 

He only liked touching Hongjoong and only allowed Hongjoong to touch him. 

"Yes!" Yeosang argued, his hands going to San's feet and he started to massage them gently. He knew how bad of a day he was having and San normally liked to let his frustrations loose through dancing. Yeosang was concerned for his friends sometimes when he spended days and nights in the dance studio he would rent. 

He went there so often that he was starting to live there. 

"You never know what will happen between the two of you, Sannie, if you confess. If you confess to him, you could end up ing." Yeosang shrugged and San's eyes shot open, staring in disbelief at Yeosang, who continued to rub his feet while smiling innocently. 

"I don't need that image in my mind, Sangie or I might have to use your bathroom for a cold shower." He stated and Yeosang rolled his eyes, his lower lip jutting out. 

"It's not like you haven't before, huh?" Yeosang teased. "Do you not think I hear Wooyoung's name being moaned from my bedroom when you're in one of your sappy phases?" Yeosang added and giggled when San's cheeks heated up. Yeosang may be quiet, but he was anything but innocent and embarrassed when talking about stuff.  

"Oh, shut up!" San exclaimed, hiding his red face before deflating against the couch. "What do I do about Wooyoung?" He asked and Yeosang stared at him for a moment before sighing.

"The only thing you can do now, Sannie, is wait." He said and San sighed before closing his eyes. Not long after, Yeosang heard soft snores and he smiled softly to himself. 

Wooyoung had been a bit different after that, but the reactions were pretty much the same and Yeosang really did not want to relive a horrible, sleepless night again. 

He sighed from his seat in Seonghwa's living room, his friends perking up at what Seonghwa was about to reveal. He knew that they all had been terrified when that person had randomly showed up and pushed a gun into Hongjoong's back, ordering them into the alleyway, quietly. 

Everyone obeyed after they saw the gun and how much Hongjoong was shaking and trying to stay strong, but it was overall, very shocking and confusing. 

They had all followed his orders and walked into the alleyway not far from where they were supposed to meet Seonghwa. The man seemed smug about getting a large crowd of people to listen to him if the smirk had said anything, but none of them let that get to them. Or at least they had tried too. 

It was still overwhelming even when they had said Seonghwa's name and Seonghwa had actually shown up like those heroes in movies. Yeosang had thought that things like what had happened only happened in fictional books and not real movies and television shows.

Hongjoong, who was the spokesperson for the group almost, was always the one that spoke and communicated when they were on friend outings with all seven of them. No one had thought that Seonghwa would turn up and fit so nicely into their group. 

Yeosang didn't think anyone was prepared for it, but since Jongho seemed to like Seonghwa a lot, everyone had gradually excepted him. It was hard for Jongho to take an immediate liking to someone — the only other person Jongho had immediately liked on first meeting was Hongjoong. 

Which was reasonable, since they were dating, but Seonghwa was different in Yeosang's eyes. There was something different about Seonghwa and he couldn't quite place his finger on it. 

"I'm Park Seonghwa and I'm assuming the two unfamiliar faces in here are Song Mingi and Jeong Yunho, right?" Seonghwa asked, smiling softly and Yeosang's breath escaped his lungs at the beautiful sight. 

There was something about Seonghwa that drew Yeosang in close and never let him go; maybe it was the way he would blink tiredly at an early morning shift at work or the way he would focus his whole attention on someone when they spoke. Maybe it was his smile or his eyes: maybe it was the way his nose scrunched slightly when he laughed. 

Yeosang was just overall gone for the boy he had met just over a week ago, but who could blame him really?

His friends certainly couldn't. 

"Y-Yeah." Yunho said, quietly, quite the opposite from his bubbly personality he had going on after he had been informed about meeting up with Seonghwa. The Yunho now just seemed like he was scared to death of literally everything.

"Hmm," Seonghwa hummed and froze when there was a load of knocking on the door: reminding Yeosang of the time San and Wooyoung had turned up on his doorstep. Everyone froze and Seonghwa exhaled with a tight jaw. 

"HWA, IT'S ME! OPEN THE ING DOOR!" Someone shouted from the other side of the door and Seonghwa unfroze from his spot before walking to the door and peering out of the peep hole. Yeosang assumed he was just checking to be safe after what had gone down in the alleyway. 

After a moment, Seonghwa sighed and slowly opened the door, but had to step back quickly when the door was suddenly kicked open and an angry male strode inside. 

"Hyung ~" Seonghwa protested, but was ignored when another male entered the apartment straight after, eyes wandering around the place with a click of his tongue. 

"You've changed the place up since we last visited which was what, two days ago and you've already gotten yourself into ?" He asked, sarcastically and Seonghwa shut the door, but not before peering into the hallway to see if anyone else had come along with the duo. 

Then he turned to the said duo and he frowned a little.

"Did Jinyoung call you?" He demanded and the angry looking male nodded, looking around slightly before sighing and walking to the other unannounced male and linking their hands together. Seonghwa shook his head lightly before turning around. 

"Yeah, he's on his way by the way. Rang us up like a frantic Eomma and practically begged us to come and look up on you. Jinyoung never ever sounds like he's suffocating, but on that phone call, Hwa, he sounded like he couldn't breathe." He told Seonghwa, quietly and Seonghwa bit his lip.

"Jinyoung's just overreacting again." He stated, beginning to walk to the kitchen when the other male spoke, eyes fixed on Seonghwa, his eyes thoughtful.

"Jinyoung's never overreacted before, Seonghwa: Jimin's the one that does that in your family, and you know that." He said and Seonghwa nodded. 

"I do." He said, picking his words carefully. "Anyone care for something to eat? Drink? I know I'm thirsty and hungry." Seonghwa chuckled lightly like he was trying to lighten up the atmosphere, but no one was having it. The two males simply raised their eyebrows as Seonghwa disappeared into the kitchen. 

It was also when he noticed that they had company. 

"Yoongi, look." The man whispered, gesturning behind the said male and he turned, his lips forming down into a frown. Yoongi looked a bit uncomfortable and angry at everyone and Yeosang shifted slightly in his seat. 

"Hmm," Yoongi hummed before narrowing his eyes until they were thin slits. "They're probably Seonghwa's friends, Taehyung." He said and Taehyung nodded, but rolled his eyes at the behaviour of his companion. 

"Obviously, baby, otherwise, why would they be here?" He asked his lover, who chuckled slightly, shrugging his shoulders. 

"I don't know, angel." He replied back and Seonghwa suddenly poked his head out of the kitchen, face twisting into a scowl. 

"Please don't." He pleaded. "I just got Jimin and Jungkook out of my house: I don't need you two swallowing each other's faces and ing in the living room." Seonghwa announced and Yoongi went a little pink while Taehyung just cackled to himself. 

"They did that here? With you in the house?" He asked and Seonghwa sighed, nodding his head and Taehyung burst into another fit of cackles. "That does sound like something those ers would do." He mused and Seonghwa's face twisted again. 

"Language, hyung." He warned. "I let you swear once, if you do it again, I'm kicking you to the curb." He stated and then disappeared into the kitchen as Taehyung continued to laugh his guts up. 

Yeosang and the other six males just watched on silently; not knowing whether or not to say anything when Yoongi turned their way and you could see the way everyone gulped. Yoongi just had that impact on people, Yeosang guessed. 

"I'm Min Yoongi and that little brat is Kim Taehyung ~"

"Who is also his handsome, amazing, talented, beautiful and absolutely magical boyfriend. Sorry kids, no dibs — I'm a taken man." He said, puffing out his chest and Wooyoung giggled as Yoongi rolled his eyes. 

Yeosang heard Seonghwa in the kitchen: clanging pans and pots, clinking cutlery together as he undoubtedly made something. He wasn't sure if Seonghwa was a good cook or not as he had never gone past a hi or hello to the male yet. 

Yeosang guessed that this was his time to man up and speak, but he just sat and listened to Taehyung warm up to the others, watching as Taehyung blubbered happily about his and Yoongi's first date. How they had met and how they both confessed — it was endearing to say the least. 

He could see the love in Taehyung's eyes: the fondness in Yoongi's and he, himself, wanted something as special and something as loving as what the duo in front of him had. He would settle for any loving person, but now he had kind of created a particular face in the body of someone he wanted to date. 

To kiss and hold hands with, watch the sunset and see shooting stars stream pass. To have his first kiss with, to lose his ity too and get married to; have kids and raise a family together. 

And that face just so happened to be cooking in the kitchen right now. 

"So, how long have you all known Hwa?" Yoongi asked, interrupting his boyfriend's speech on how great love is and all that that Yeosang didn't really want to hear. And neither did San and Wooyoung apparently as they looked a little sad. 

Yeosang assumed it was because they both hadn't had the courage to confess to each other yet. 

"Not long: just over a week." Hongjoong said and Yeosang wasn't lying when he said that Hongjoong was almost like the spokesperson in his friend group. He literally was and it was funny how normal it had become between the seven. 

"Ahh," Taehyung said, nodding. "Too bad for you then; Seonghwa most likely hasn't warmed up to you all yet then." Taehyung stated. "Since, Hwa spent a lot of his time hiding from people and — hmmpph ~"

"Aaaaaand, that's enough speaking for you today, baby." Yoongi said, smiling a little at the seven before glaring daggers at Taehyung until he got the hint and his mouth formed into a cute 'o'. Yoongi sighed. 

"Hiding from his parents, I mean." Taehyung said, nervously chuckling as Yoongi face-palmed. "Seonghwa was one rebellious kid." He added, awkwardly laughing still. Yeosang glanced at Jongho, who shrugged slightly. 

Yeosang decided to ignore the over friendly male and his weird words and strange information. 

"Hey, guys, so I cooked up some bacon and eggs and stuff, but I wasn't sure what everyone liked, so I added a few things as side dishes and the like." Seonghwa said, walking into the living room with plates filled to the brim with food. It all looked incredibly tasty and delicious. 

"Wow, Hwa, I forgot how good your cooking skills were." Taehyung said with Yoongi nodding along in agreement while Seonghwa's cheeks flared up in embarrassment. 

"Thank you." He said, softly before perking up and running into the kitchen, only to return moments later with more food, but this time it was sweet stuff instead of salty and savoury. 

Yeosang hadn't realised how long Seonghwa had been in the kitchen and how long Taehyung had been talking until he saw the mass amount of food Seonghwa had cooked. 

Taehyung pulled his phone out of his pocket after it dinged and his face pulled down into a slight frown. 

"Your two brothers are here by the way." He stated before grabbing something from the plate and ripping a piece off with his teeth. Yoongi gave him a disgusted look as Seonghwa panicked and quickly got to his feet. 

"Are you kidding me, Tae? You couldn't have informed me sooner?" He demanded and Taehyung looked up at him in disbelief for a second. 

"I just got the notification, Hwa. What do you mean sooner? I'm not a mind reader of future seeing person like in the movies and ." Taehyung said before digging back into his food as Yoongi chuckled. 

"Right, right ..." Seonghwa trailed off as someone banged on the door again and Yeosang sighed. 

"Don't they know he has a doorbell?" He muttered, annoyed and San and Wooyoung along with Mingi and Yunho burst into laughter at that. Seonghwa gave them a curious look before getting the door, hiding behind it as Jimin and Jinyoung burst in. Yeosang recognized them from last time. 

"Appa couldn't come for reasons known, Park Seonghwa." Jimin stated, curtly and Seonghwa sighed, shutting the door after the duo. 

"I made breakfast?" He offered, but Jimin glared at him and with one look, Seonghwa shut his mouth and scuttled to the couch, sitting down next to Taehyung, who laughed at his expense. 

"Shut it, Tae." Jimin growled at him then turned to Seonghwa, ignoring his best friend who continued to laugh, and raising his eyebrows. He placed his hands of his hips as Jinyoung went and sat down next to Yoongi, muttering a greeting before he, too, started to eat what Seonghwa had cooked. 

"Now, Park Seonghwa ~" Seonghwa groaned. 

"Can you not, hyung?" He asked and Jimin snorted. 

"Don't hyung me, Park Seonghwa." He said, coldly before glaring at Seonghwa again. "Tell me everything. And don't leave out a single detail or I'm forcing you to come back and live with Appa again." Jimin threatened and Seonghwa's eyes widened. 

Then he took a deep — deep — breath and began to explain.