Chapter Two

Colleague In Love

CHAPTER 2

Byul silently open the door of her unit she slump her body on the couch while heaving a sigh.

‘Why does she look tense when she saw them?’ Byul talked to herself.

They found out that the new director arrived from abroad but since their company is too private about personal information no one knew that they’ll be presenting today.

They assumed that the classy man is the new director and the stunning woman with him is his secretary. Everyone was gossiping about the new director and it’s making Byulyi sick since she saw how Yongsun’s eyes widen from the recent interaction.

‘Who is he in her life?’

‘Does she knows him?’

‘Are they related?’

Byul was out of it that she fell asleep thinking about different scenarios in her head she’s the type of person that thinks a lot and gets insecure easily.

She looks absolutely fine outside because of her playful and greasy trait but the truth is she’s using that as a cover. 

~sounds of alarm ringing~

Byul groggily finds the source of the sound she let out a sigh realizing that she slept in the couch and missed dinner. Luckily, her alarm are set automatically for the whole week or else she’ll be late for work.

She took a hot bath and decided to dress more nicely for today schedule - black dress pants, black silk button up shirt and a brown oxford shoes a typical Byulyi look when she has important meeting.

‘Tss.’ She hissed at the mirror knowing to herself that this is not just because they have a briefing. Half part of it is surely because she wants to impress a certain blonde.

Once entering the employees stops with their own tasks to admire the certain hamster.

‘Byul Unnie is really handsome.’ An intern staff whispered to her friend. ‘She is.’ The other answered.

‘You really prepared for today huh.’ Yongsun suddenly appeared in front of Byul with a smirk.

‘Aish. You startled me, Unnie!’ 

‘Why are you so formal, today?’ Her cheeks warmed up from Yong’s elevator eyes.

‘Coming from you huh. What are you being so elegant for?’ She noticed that the older woman is wearing a silk long dress with a low neckline layered with a black blazer.

Too much for the hamster to handle.

‘Tss. I just don’t feel like wearing my comfy outfits since we’ll not stay in front our computer today.’ Yongsun reasoned. 

‘As you said so.’ 

Byul used her teasing tone that always trigger Yong to hit her in any part of her body. The two are currently engaging in chaos when the director came out of the lift.

‘Oho oho calm down you guys.’ The woman exclaimed making them stop and bow immediately.

‘We’re sorry.’ Byul bow in a cool way, now that she’s in front of the woman she looks really stunning.

‘Ms. Kim come to the director’s office. Follow us.’ The man suddenly commanded.

‘Why?’ ‘You alone?’ Byul whispered to Yong.

‘I have no idea.’ Yongsun gulped.

Byul is surely sulking the moment she entered their department so the other team members made sure not to make fun of her.

‘Ready?’ Esna asked and they proceeded to the conference room once they entered Yongsun is already sitting with the head, Hwasa and her managers.

‘Good morning.’ The woman greeted and all of them politely answered, the man just nodded his head to all of them. They noticed that he’s always silent in the side and the elegant woman is the one who’s always speaking. 

Yongsun noticed that Byul is not looking at her and she’s carrying a dark aura around her. 

‘Shall we start?’ Hwasa’s manager asked and they started the briefing.

 Esna proposed the points they talked about yesterday during their meeting and Hwasa seems to like it.

‘Wow.’ She’s impressed. ‘I really like the ideas, plus Byulyi Unnie knew me so I trust how the camera works.

‘You two knew each other?’ Yongsun suddenly blurted out, all eyes on her.

‘Hmm yes.’ Hwasa playfully wiggle her eyebrows.

‘I shoot some of her advertisements.’ Byul admitted making the older girl relax.

‘We can start the shoot tomorrow, since we already talk to the designers and make up artists about the ideas. We’ll add the things you proposed today and make some changes about other things you don’t prefer. It’ll be finish for today and we’ll head to the shooting location tomorrow with all the staff. Call time is 5.00am please.’ Esna closed.

‘Thank you so much.’ Hwasa bowed and also her managers.

'We’re glad to handle your project, Miss Hwasa.’ The woman shook her hand while offering a big smile.

‘Moonstar.’ Hyejin threw a punch on Byul’s shoulder.

'Aish what’s with my shoulder? Why do you guys always hit me here.’ She whined while massaging it. 

That sentence caught Yongsun’s attention. ‘Do I hit her that hard?’ She whispered.

‘Maybe you do.’ The sophisticated woman answered while rolling her eyes at her.

‘Go with your team but come again later and join us for lunch.’ The classy man whispered.

‘Why are so sulky today, Unnie?’ ‘I saw you earlier you keep glaring at your pen.’  Hwasa asked Byul.

‘Am I? Just hungry I fell asleep yesterday not realizing I haven’t eaten yet.’ 

‘Waeee? Something bothering you? The usual?’ Wheein appeared in the middle.

‘Puppy!’ Hyejin exclaimed hugging the smaller girl. ‘Who’s puppy?’ Whee elbowed the singer.

‘Aish stop fighting you losers.’ 

‘You are the leader of these losers tho and stop being so bitter will you?’ Wheein said pushing her Unnie to start walking.

‘You guys are close?’ Yongsun questioned as she saw the three of them having a small combat from her side.

‘This Unnie literally took good care of us since we’re college.’ The singer said. 

‘Really? Took good care you mean by bullying and playing around?’ Yongsun playfully teased.

‘Bingo Unnie!’ Wheein shouted while laughing. 

Yongsun knew that Byul and Wheein are close but she’s not informed that they knew each other to that extent plus they are close to the singer as well.

Hyejin and Wheein suddenly hook their hands on Yongsun’s shoulder whispering Byul’s embarrassing moments.

‘Brats.’ Byul shook her head but she felt a fluttering warmth just by looking at them.

Hyejin left while the team members came back to their department to discuss the concept to other team until lunch time.

‘Ms. Kim you are being called to the director’s office.’ A guard informed after their meeting.

‘Again?’ Seulgi said.

‘Unnie, did you do something wrong? Hmm aside from being pretty and making the charming director wink at you!’ Yeri exclaimed.

‘Our maknae is being naughty and making wild imaginations.’ 

Esna flicked Yeri’s forehead. ‘Unnieee.’ She whined innocently while looking at Byul, the youngest member surely know how to tease everyone.

Byul stood up and harshly put her things back to her table and walked out. 

‘What’s wrong with that hamster?’ Yong murmured. ‘Maybe she’s too hungry and tired from the meeting.’ 
Yongsun had a good lunch but she can’t stop thinking about Byul’s action. The younger girl seems off aside from  teasing her this morning she barely comments about anything. 

‘Today she’s not being a bothersome just handsome.’ Yong whispered.

Yong decided to buy an iced choco since she knew Byul has a sweet tooth. The younger girl always make fun of her 24/7 so she misses the presence when it’s not there.

When Byul came back after lunch she saw a drink on her desk and a bunny shaped note attached to it.

“Little sugar to make you smile, you brat!” 

She automatically smiled after reading it. Wheein said that Yongsun went to the outfit room with the designers. 

              To Ddunnie :

            Thanks ddun! Up for an upgrade going home later? My jeep is winking at you!

She sent the message and waited for a minute.

              To MoonFart :

           Sureee! Now stop sulking!

Working hours ended so the two walked to the parking lot earning some stares from their other colleagues.

‘Would you like to grab some ice cream?’ The younger one asked while securing her seatbelt.

‘Hmm?’ Yongsun playfully replied.

‘Okay I’ll not ask instead that’ll be your transportation fee to go home. I’ll treat you ice cream as a payment for the ride.’ She exclaimed making the other girl giggle.

‘Aren’t both condition favors me alone?’

‘I’m that kind, Unnie~’

‘Ohh the cheeky Byul is back looks like the sweet drink made a miracle.’

‘You did.’ Byul whispered.

‘Pardon?’

‘I said it did Unniee.’ She rubbed the back of her head.
Yongsun smiled relaxing on the passenger seat she really misses going home with the younger one.  They practically live in the same village that’s why sometimes Byul gives her a free ride.

‘By the way, why are you being sulky this morning?’ Yongsun curiously asked.

‘A-h just because.’ ‘I mean maybe because I f-orgot to eat dinner?’ Byul explained not having the courage to say the real reason behind her behaviour.

‘Yahh! You are skinny enough yet you still forget to eat! You should eat 5 times a day, you brat!’ Yongsun suddenly scolded her, this woman can be bubbly and cheerful but at the same time she can be a tough Unnie whenever she wants.

‘Yes maam! I willl I will.’ Byul looks like a small hamster while nodding her head. They finally arrived at the shop so Yong excitedly went out to refuel her sugar.

‘Cute.’ Byul whispered following behind.

‘Vanilla and oreo cookies for me, Byulyi!’ While Byul decided for a strawberry sundae and they settled on a table near the exit. 

‘This is good. How did you know this place, Byul-ah?’
‘My dongsaeng always ask me to get her some treats here. That brat likes to make bets with me and the reward will be something sugary.’

‘Aigooo looks like she’s always the winner.’

They’re laughing because of that comment when Byul noticed Yongsun’s lips are stained from eating.

‘Unnie.’ She motioned for Yong to wipe it but the older one missed it. So Byul decided to use her finger and she unconsciously it after she scoop the mess making Yongsun gulped from the action.

‘Yah!’

‘Wae? It’s a waste and I don’t have any tissue here.’

‘You can use that spoon of yours or my own finger.’ But the spoon is dirty already because of the sundae. You Yeba!

‘Ohh?? Sorry didn’t cross my mind hehe plus it’s clean already Unnie.’ Byul reasoned out while blushing.

‘This brat!’

Flying punch in the shoulder has been sent by the dragon and painfully received by the hamster. The two entered the car again with Byul massaging her body.

'Wahh Unnie you should be a boxer.’

‘I am.’ ‘You are my punching bag.’ Yong laughed.

‘Tss. Unnie I’m curious about something it’s fine if you don’t want to answer.’

‘Should I be afraid?’

‘No no. It’s just about you getting called in the director’s office.’ Byul noticed how Yong’s smiling eyes turned into a nervous one, she looks tensed as well.

‘Is it something personal? Sorry for asking, ddun.’ She gave her a genuine smile but she’s feeling anxious inside.

‘We’re here.’ Yong pointed at her house while thanking Byulyi.

'I forgot I need to finalize something thank you for today, Byori. See you tomorrow.’ And then she left panicking.

'Maybe it is really personal and she needs time.’ ‘I should wait for her to finally open up and work in my confidence.’ Byul continued driving with a heavy heart.

~//~ Morning came. 5AM - Shooting Day

Esna’s team and Hwasa’s company staff itself are already in the shooting location. Time is clicking so everyone starts to work hard to complete a masterpiece.

‘Oi Unnie.’ Seul greeted. ‘Let’s shoot some clips for the transitions? Effects, background or anything.’

‘Off we go.’ Byul nodded.

The two tried to shoot a little and studied which angles are good and diverse. Hwasa finished her make up and they are ready to film for the choreography.

‘Cool Hyejinnie.’ Byul clapped. ‘Eyy Unnie!’

‘Ready?’

The designers Unnie really did a good job collaborating with Hwasa’s staff they choose the coolest outfits that can represent the singer well. She’s a role model for the women out there to be brave and have confidence. She’s making her own beauty standard and that alone makes her unique.

Wheein on the other side is watching with proud eyes. ‘That’s my bestfriend.’ She whispered.

‘Whee. You need to do your make-up and dress up already.’ Yong nudged her.

'Wae? What do you mean, Unnie?’

‘Your Hyejin asked for your presence.’

‘Eh?’

‘You’re part of this shooting like not only behind the scene.’

‘That twit.’ Wheein huffed making the staff giggle from her sudden outburst.

‘Ohh excellent.’ Seulgi directed. ‘Unnie, we should do this angle.’ Seul suggested but Byul is busy looking at something.

‘Everyone is doing fine?’ The sophisticated woman gathered their attention.

'Yes.’ The staff answered. Byul saw that Yong is talking to the man meters away from them and she’s releasing her dolphin laugh.

‘Nice morning.’ Byul whispered.

'Okay okay back to work.’ She suddenly shouted making every single person in there nervous. Their own staff and members gulped because serious Director Byul is not to mess with.

‘Sorry to interrupt but we should continue the shooting I do offer for you to take a seat if you want to observe the process.’ Byul talk to the superiors while bowing a little. She saw that Yong gave her a smile but she’s not in the mood so she just focus her gaze in her camera.

‘Make a bolder expression, Hyejin.’ Byul demanded. Hwasa knew why her Unnie suddenly became tough since she saw how her eyes changed. She’s not the type to give a lot of suggestions to the artist as she wants them to be more natural but today is an exception.

‘Wheein show us an intimate expression. More firmer but soft at the same time.’ Seul added trying to add tension but she’s giggling inside.

They knew when the PD is being jealous she looks like a lost child but Byul remained professional she maybe pissed but she doesn’t want to be rude to every people that is working hard. They continued shooting for hours before deciding to take a lunch break.

‘You okay?’ Seulgi asked.

‘Hmm maybe I’m just pressured Hyejin is in demand after all.’

‘Don’t fool me I saw you a while ago.’ ‘Did you ask her about that person?’

‘Not directly. I tried to ask about her coming often to the office but she seems not okay to talk about it.’

‘Oh? But try to understand since being secretive is Yong Unnie’s personality.’

‘Do you think they’re a thing?’ Byul asked while staring in the ground.

‘I’m not sure Unnie. You should’ve tried telling her how you really feel it’s better to risk something.’

‘I don’t want to ruin what we have.’

‘But you’re ruining yourself. Your story might be different from what Hyejin wants to express but that title kinda suits you right now, Unnie.’ Seulgi advised.

‘Wait did you just call me!’ Byul glared at the bear. ‘Hehe sorry Unnie but you are.’ Seulgi run for her life while Byul was left astonished.

Filming a whole music video really takes time and effort everyone was tired but they’re enjoying since they like their job. The make up artists and designers are joking around with the transparent outfits.

‘We can recycle these after and make them raincoats.’ Yong commented.

‘Please make a small one for me, Unnie.’ Yeri replied laughing.

‘I’ll make a transparent for you instead.’ Joy from Hwasa’s team teased. ‘Oiii!’ The maknae of Esna’s department argued.

‘You found someone as a bully as you.’ Wheein commented to Yeri and everyone shared a good laugh.

‘Why are you running?’ Esna asked Seulgi when she reached their place.

‘Byul Unnie will kill me.’

‘What did you do?’

‘The usual topic that makes her mad.’ Seul winked to Wheein. The giggles stop when Hyejin’s manager told them to start eating already because the food is getting cold.

‘I’ll go eat with Byul.’ Yongsun stood up from her place making Seul and Wheein worried for their hamster Unnie.

Moonbyul is still busy monitoring the finished  video clips figuring out the errors and best shots.

‘Planning to skip a meal again, brat?’ She nearly fall from her seat when she heard the familiar voice.

‘I- ddun.’ She muttered.

‘Eat.’ Yong demanded handling her a lunchbox, the older woman took a seat beside her. ‘Thanks.’

Byul roamed her eyes around the area trying to find some people but it seems like they’re gone already.

‘Sorry about yesterday I just I need to finish some things at home.’ Yong broke the silence.

‘It’s okay.’ Byul sounded cold.

‘Are you okay?’

‘Ye-ah just worried about the project.’

‘It’ll be good. I trust you plus all the teams are hardworking the director even complimented all of us.’ Yong added while smiling widely and just like that Byul felt the sudden clenching inside her chest.

‘R-eally?’

‘Yes they said that the set is overflowing with idea and hardwork.’

‘That’s good then.’ Byul smiled bitterly.

‘A-re you really okay?’ Yongsun’s hand about to touch the younger one’s forehead but Byul dodge it by standing up. ‘I’ll just go to restroom.’

Yongsun shakes her head from Byul’s action she felt like the younger one is acting really odd these days usually they’ll fight 24/7 over silly things.

‘Was it because I didn’t answer her question yesterday?’ Yong wondered.

‘I can’t really teell you right now, Byul-ah.’ She sighed.

Byul became really distant to Yongsun after their lunch break she just focused on her task with Seulgi. When her eyes landed on Yong who’s busy with the staff she felt that familiar ache inside her chest once again.

‘I should confess after this project.’ Byul whispered she’s been holding her feelings for years.