Chapter Three

Colleague In Love

Chapter 3

Hwasa ace the music charts and got a millions of views on her MV in less than 24hours concluding that the project is a success. The AUED Corp is satisfied and overwhelmed so the director decided to give the staff time to unwind and celebrate inviting Hyejin and her managers.

Since it’s summer the team decided to visit a beach resort 2days after the MV released they agreed to meet at 6AM in the morning hiring 2 buses as their service.

‘Can I seat here?’ Yong asked Byul who is looking outside the window.

‘O-h?’ She took out her airpods clueless of what the older woman said so Yong pointed the seat using her lips.

‘Ah okay make yourself comfortable.’

Yong suddenly pinched Byul’s cheeks while looking intently at the younger girl. ‘Are you sickk?’

‘Don’t pinch me! I’m not!’

‘Why are you shouting?’ Yongsun snapped it feels so new that Byul’s sound so irritated with her  plus she’s not addressing her as an Unnie.

‘Tss.’ Byul sighed.

‘What now? Aish such a kid!’ Yong crossed her arm on her chest while closing her eyes. It bothers her that the greasy hamster is now a sensitive-don’t-you-dare-touch-me annoying ball.

Byul tried not to laugh with the older woman’s behavior, at this point she just want to squeeze Yong’s cheeks and pepper her with kisses while locking her in an embrace.

Yong you’ll be the death of me.

Byul is trying to ignore her as she’s completely working on her courage to confess during this get away. She wants to meditate and interacting with Yongsun will just make her mind fuzzy and clouded.

One of the head manager announced that the attendance is complete and they’ll be heading to the destination now.

Yongsun waited for an apology or a nudge on her shoulder but nothing came so she just closed her eyes feeling irritated.

30 minutes passed and half of the staff are all sleeping due to tiredness from the days of shooting. Probably they’re using this opportunity to rest their body so they can indulge more later.

Byul felt the sudden weight on her right shoulder. ‘Sleeping log as usual.’ A smile appeared on her lips.

Byul slowly took off her denim jacket so she can cover it to Yongsun who choose to wear a sleeveless silk blouse.

‘I understand that it’s summer but you do know that aircon inside the buses are really cold.’ She’s slowly nagging when Yongsun drape an arm around her.

‘U-nnie.’ Byul stuttered but Yongsun didn’t answer. The older woman is really a living wood when she’s sleeping - a total opposite of Byul.

Byul thought that they’re in a weird position and this kind of posture can really hurt Yongsun. The bus seat is not reclinable enough and she can’t fully let Yong rest on her because of the partition in between their seats.

She knew that Yong has a sensitive neck that’s why staying in this spot is really bad for long hours. Byul tried to move slowly checking the back part of the bus and suddenly a smile appeared on her face.

She took her phone and texted Esna Unnie she’s pretty sure that the team leader is still awake actively talking to the driver.

            To Esna Unnie :

   Unnie? Can we pull over for a minute? Back seat are empty, right? I need to transfer a log with me. We’ll move there from our original seats. Thanks. ASAP.

She sent it and look over to the angel beside her.

'You look really cute even when you’re not doing anything.’ ‘But still you’re much cuter when you’re annoyed.’ Byul continued while staring earnestly at Yongsun.

           To Cute Dongsaeng Byul :

       Sure thing. Do you need help?

Her phone vibrated as she felt the bus stopped she just put it right away inside her pocket and gently wrapped her arms around Yong, thankfully the bus has a spacious aisle so it’s not that hard to move. Byul settled Yongsun in a laying position since the last row seats are empty she place Yong’s head on her lap and made sure that the older woman is comfortable enough. Byul raised an okay sign to the driver as a signal that they can go now.

She looks really amazed that her Unnie didn’t even stir on her sleep. ‘Sleep well, ddun.’ 

After sending her thank you to Esna Unnie she also decided to take a nap not forgetting to secure her hands on Yong’s figure to act as a seatbelt.

Two more hours they finally arrived in their destination Byul slowly open her eyes as she can hear the loud chattering around them.

‘Unnie!!’ Yeri shouted while running after Seulgi who pinched her nose as a wake up sign.

‘Run faster, midget!’ The bear shouted back.

‘Careful you idiots!’ Esna roared back while massaging her head.

Other members are also getting off loudly as they’re all excited. ‘Aigoo.’ The driver laughed.

‘It’s been a while since we have a gathering so I apologized if they are too loud.’ Esna bowed to the driver but the old man just smiled widely.

‘It’s okay. It makes me happy to see people laughing like that. I’m old so I’m simple like that.’

‘Thank you, Sir. Please have a safe trip going back, we will see you again after 3 days.’ And she also left heading straight to the reception and arrange the rooms per pair.

The driver shook his head noticing that the woman who asked for him to stop over is still sitting at the back with the other woman on her lap.

‘You young ladies! Time to get off, you can continue doing lovey dovey later.’

Byul blushed from the statement she’s about to respond when Yongsun beats her.

‘Nae, Ahjussi. Thank you for the stable ride I didn’t even woke up from my sleep.’ Byul can see the rose tint on Yongsun’s cheeks. 

Is she blushing too?

‘Let’s go?’ Byul cleared offering a hand to the older woman who still looks dazed. 

Yongsun intertwined her hand to Byul’s as they walk she’s about to ask why they suddenly stop in the middle only to see the younger woman getting their belongings from that area.

‘Oh? I remember this is where we are seated before departing!’ Yeba strikes.

‘Thank you, Ahjussi.’ Byul bowed to the driver who gave her a wink as an answer. Yongsun is still confused so she just gave a nod while smiling.

‘Have fun.’ He said waving and stood up to check the entire bus for any left behind belongings.

‘Those women are interesting, I’m pretty sure that’s how me and my wife look to each other even we’re together for 50 years already.’ The old man suddenly said silently wishing the best for his said passengers.

‘Byull-ah.’ Yongsun called the younger woman who’s now walking ahead of her.

‘Wae?’

Byul can’t explain the warmth she’s feeling as she remembered how close they were during the travel. Her hand softly caressing Yong’s hair while she’s peacefully sleeping, her eyes memorizing Yong’s facial features before she fell asleep too.  It’s too much for her heart to take.

She needs air and a little space because she can swear that right at this moment all she wanted to do is capture the older woman’s lips and show her the love she’s been hiding for decades. 

‘Why are you walking so fast?’ Yong complained.

‘Am I?’

‘Yes! And give me my bag I can carry it you’re skinny enough to bring too much weight.’ Yongsun is nagging her again.

‘Yah! I maybe look skinny but I’m not weak. Tss I can even carry you even I’m holding our things.’ She whispered the last sentence.

‘What did you say?’ Yongsun challenged while smirking she’s thrilled that they’re bickering again.

‘Nothing.’

‘I heard you saying something that you are weak.’ She likes teasing the hamster as much as Byul wants to annoy her.

‘That’s not what I said!’ Byul stopped on her track making Yongsun bump on her back.

‘B-yullll!!!!’ Yongsun is now shrieking like a dolphin as Byul lifted her up like a sack of rice.

‘Weak huh.’ Byul mocked while laughing.

‘You! Let me downnn.’

Wheein saw the scene so she jog where they are. ‘Byul Unnie this will be your cabin key your roommate will be Yong Unnie.’

‘Eh?’

‘Yep. You two took so long so we’re already done choosing the partners.’ ‘See you later.’ Wheepup left giggling.

‘You heard that? Go walk a little faster I want to go down already.’ The older woman commanded.

‘Aish. Such a bossy behavior.’

‘I’m your boss tho.’ Yongsun banter.

‘Yes yes as you say so, sleeping log.’ Byul teased earning her a loud slap on the back.

Once they reached their cabin Byul tap the room key and slided the door. Yongsun became silent and her breathing is calm assuming that the other woman is asleep again Byul thought of a cruel idea she threw Yongsun in the bed with a force.

‘Yahhhhh!!!!’ Yongsun shouted.

Byul was laughing her off. ‘Annoying hamster.’ Yongsun whined she gets up and slaps Byul on her shoulder.

‘Bleh. You keep sleeping Unnie!’

‘Cos I’m sleepy Byul-ah.’ ‘Byul.’ The younger woman’s gaze softens after hearing that so she smiled genuinely and mouthed a sorry.

‘Byori.’ Yong called again.

‘Hmm?’

‘Thank you.’ Yongsun is not good at expressing gratitude but that simple word meant a lot Byul knew that she’s talking about that moment in the bus.

‘Really. I appreciate it my neck is not hurting.’ Yongsun added.

‘I-t’s fine, Unnie.’

Cute. Yongsun giggled seeing the usual goofy colleague blushing in front of her.

‘Let’s prepare we need to have some fun! Hooo hoooo.’ Yongsun yelled excitedly. 
-
Byul changed into her black track pants and blue muscle tee she checks herself in the mirror with a smirk. 

‘Aish stop being so greasy.’ Yongsun appeared beside her wearing a white adidas short and a white sport bra. Byul can’t take her eyes away from Yong’s figure so the older woman gave her a pinch. ‘Oi!’

‘W-ae?’ Byul gulped she walked out from the bathroom as staying in there with Yongsun is dangerous for her heart and self control.

‘.’ Yongsun accused.

‘Am not!’ ‘It’s your fault that you’re pretty.’

‘What? Why are you whispering?’

‘I said we need to go now.’ Byul changes the topic while rummaging in her backpack to get a white dress shirt. ‘Unnie.’ She handed it to Yongsun.

‘Oh?’

‘Just wear it, the sun is strong.’ Byul reasoned out while scratching the back of her neck indicating that she’s being shy.

‘Hm okay plus it blends in my outfit.’

With that said Byul smiles grabbing her baseball cap and mini tote bag with other necessities she might need during their outdoor activity.

‘Let’s go.’

Everyone gathers in the field with Esna in the middle holding a mic and four resort staff beside her.

‘Good morning people! It’s nearly 9.30 so I’ll allow everyone to grab some light breakfast first before we start our activities.

'Eat well, you beagles!’ She joked making everyone giggles the resort staff accompany them to the breakfast hall and proceed helping them with their needs.

‘Unnie!’ Seulgi shouted while running to Byul. ‘Hey, be quiet!’ 

‘Unnie loosen up we’re free to do anything for three days.’

‘She’s right. Give us the annoying hamster back not this serious one.’ Yongsun added.

Out of nowhere Wheein and Hyejin greeted them with a squeal. ‘Unniees!’

‘I heard you are rooming together.’ Hyejin whispered to Byul.

'You better do something during this time.’ She added silently.

‘Tss. You guys really like lecturing me.’

‘Of course.’ Yeri whispered.

'Yah!! Stop trolling me.’ Byul starts walking to the coffee machine leaving her friends behind.

Yongsun laughs seeing the younger woman get flustered by the teasing they also start getting some things in the buffet she choose to have yogurt with fresh fruits and a piece of fresh croissant.

‘D-dun I got you an earl grey tea and pancakes.’ Byul carefully placed the things in front of Yongsun.

‘Smooth.’ Seulgi teased.

‘You mean this honey is smooth, right?’ Yeri exclaimed saving the bear.

‘Of coursee!! Too smooth and sweet!’ Wheein said making them giggle including Esna who’s now sharing a table with them.

‘Aigoo. You do know I’m not a coffee lover?’ Yong turned to ask so Byul nodded with a smile.

Yongsun felt the warmth inside her heart knowing that Byul is always paying attention to her even with just the little things. Like her having a sensitive neck and not preferring coffee or even protecting her from showing too much skin.

‘Thank you.’ She held a piece of pancake near Byul’s lips to show her gratitude.

‘Wahh. Unniee you’re so damn blushing.’ Yeri once again cut in making the others faceplams.

‘Me??’ Yong and Byul said in unison and honestly their cheeks are both tainted with pink shades.

Their breakfast finished like that with bantering, teasing and laughs. Other members are also enjoying their time unwinding and sharing funny episodes from shooting the music video. An hour passed so they gathered again in the field to start the outdoor activities.
 
A sporty looking woman made an entrance gaining everyone’s attention.

'Good morning to all of you. My name is Dahee and I’ll be your recreation leader for the following days.’ She announced smiling and Byul look stunned.

‘Hey.’ Yongsun nudged on her side.

‘Hmm?’

‘Tsk. You look too amazed.’ Yongsun pouted knowing that the younger woman beside her has a soft spot with pretty women.

‘Aigooo. Am I seeing a jealous Kim?’

‘Why would I? Tchh.’ Yongsun hissed making Byul stop from her annoying smile, that sentence somehow hurts her so she just stayed silent and focus herself from the rules of the game. Yongsun thought that the other woman stayed quiet because she doesn’t want to argue anymore.

They will be divided into 4 groups with 10 members each the resort asked for the names before their arrival so they already made the group using the alphabetical order.

‘So it’ll be easier to group us since we’re a quite a large number I agreed for the alphabetical method.’ Esna announced.

‘It’s okay, Unnie.’ Others said in unison and listened to the resort staff who’s currently calling them by surnames.

‘Is everyone settled?’ Dahee loudly asked. ‘Yeaaaah!’ All of them cheered.

‘Ok, every group must think of a food you really like.’ The MC demanded so everyone started arguing about the foods they like.

‘Tteokbokki!’ Yongsun shouted from her group making the others laugh from her crazy antic.

‘You guys like it toooo!’ She whined cutely making her teammates look at her mischievously.

‘Unnie we have a condition.’ Yeri proposed. ‘Do an aegyo and we’ll choose tteok as our name. An extreme one, okay?’ The evil maknae said.

‘Aish.’ Yong whined thinking so hard how to slap this girl’s .

‘Giving up, now?’ One of the designer teased so all of a sudden Yongsun cutely mimics an animal sounds with her whole body swaying adorably.

‘Ughhh.’ ‘Owwww.’ ‘Kekekekeke.’ The group burst out laughing.

‘Tteokbokki it is!!!’ The oldest one cheered making Yongsun jump on her spot.

‘Hahahahah Unnie for the love of tteok huh.’ Yeri teased.

‘Aish I just hope Byulyi didn’t see that or else she’ll tease me to death.’

‘I think it’s too late to say that.’ Hyejin’s manager said as she saw Byul giggling from a far.

‘The guts of that hamster!’ Yongsun whined. Byul was part of another group since there’s enough Lee and Kim in their company to complete a 10 member group.

‘Seems like every team has decided so let’s hear them.’ Dahee gathered their attention.

‘We have here a bowl so each representative needs to draw a paper that will decide the color of your team. The color will be added to the name of the food you’ve decided earlier and it’ll be the group’s official name.’

The resort staff let each representative drew a paper and with Dahee’s signal they unwrapped it revealing each team’s color.

‘It’s fun.’ Hyerim Unnie laughed as they picked Black that means their name will be Black Tteokbokki.

‘It is, right? We’ll distribute the shirts so please wear them before we start the game.’ Dahee politely announced.

Yongsun wear the black tee over her sport bra and tied Byul’s dress shirt on her waist to complete her attire.

‘Dancing elephant.’ A smirking Byul appeared in front of her. ‘Aish!’ Yong pouted.

‘Kyo~.’ Byul giggles while pinching the older woman’s cheeks.

‘Byul-ah! Stopppp!’
The younger woman stops pinching but she keeps staring. 

‘You look really good in this, Unnie.’

‘Eh? It’s just a plain tee.’

‘Just because.’ Byul shrugged and left Yongsun in awe.

Why are you so weird, kid? She thought.

‘So everyone, I’ll call for your group name and all you need to do is cheer loudly.’

‘Yellow Bulgogi!’ Hwasa’s team roared.

‘White Kimchi!’  Wheein’s team slso made some noise.

‘Black Tteokbokki!’ Yong’s team even made a dance using their hands.

‘Red Pajeon!’ Byul’s team cheered.

Everyone is having a good laugh with the idea of their group’s name, Dahee hypes the crowd by asking them to shake hands with each other while they’re making their way in the open field of obstacle courses.

Since there are 4 teams, 2 by 2 will be competing to each other then the winners will be having another round to reveal the champion. The first course - is a sack race where each team members will line up and do the task after that there would be stepping stones aligned alternately so they need to show their ability to balance.

In the second course - there’s five sets of bow and arrow and 20 paper cups placed 2 meters away from the main point the goal is to knocks down the target as fast as they can with everyone taking turns once done they need to crawl in a tunnel with muddy flooring.

 The third one -  they will cross the small lake by feet while forming a straight line after that an apex ladder is present for them to cross one by one.

The fourth one – will be an arm wrestling within their own members and the losers will be the representative for eating contest. Each team needs to finish a bowl of green peppers within 1 minute. Each representative play rock paper and scissor to determine the sequence and it ended up like this : first game will be Yellow Bulgogi VS. Red Pacheon once they are finished with the courses second game will start with Black Tteokbokki VS. White Kimchi and the last round will be between the two winning team.

The obstacles are really fun and challenging what makes it more enjoyable is the fact that all of them are competitive.

‘Go go go!!!’ Team Black and White are cheering for others since it’s still not their time to play.

‘Woooo.’ Wheein shouted to Hyejin who’s holding a bow. ‘Go Lion!’ She cheered loudly making Hyejin chuckled and lost her focus.
 
‘Aigoo.’ Yongsun reacted.

‘I shouldn’t cheer Byul or else she’ll kill me if she got distracted like Hyejin.’

‘I think you should, Unnie. She’ll probably sulk if she didn’t hear your voice shouting for her.’

‘There she is!’ Wheein nudged Yongsun as they saw her finally leading Red Pajeon team to cross the small lake.

‘Go Byori!’ Yongsun shouted and even with the distance between them the hamster still gave her best wink and smiling eyes.

‘Let’s go Team Read Pajeon!’ Byul cheered to her team making them more eager to win and they successfully did.

Yongsun walked to Byul’s direction to give her some water. ‘Here.’

‘Thanks Unnie.’

‘You did a great job back there.’ She complimented while trying to help the younger woman to wipe her sweaty forehead. Yongsun loves the domestic feeling when they’re near to each other.

‘It was because you cheered for me.’ Byul greasily commented so that earned her a smack in the head.

‘Aww. Unnie!’ She whined but Yongsun already left since it’ll be their turn to play now.

‘Fighting, dduniee!’ Byul shouted.

The Black Tteokbokki keeps singing funny songs while they’re playing making the White Kimchi laughs along with them. Wheein is really good with strategies so their team is already arrived in the 4th course.

‘Ackkk!’ A loud shrieked filled the whole camp. 

When it’s Yongsun turn to cross the ladder her feet became wobbly resulting for her to stumble.

‘Yong!’ Byul was too sure about that voice so she immediately ran to the field area the members nearby gathered around to check on Yongsun.

‘Unnie!’ Byul hissed.

Byul scanned her wincing as she saw that Yong’s right knee is bleeding. ‘Careful Byul Unnie, she still can’t move it.’ Seulgi said tapping Byul’s back.

‘Can you move, Unnie? It hurts here?’ She asked lightly tapping in the right foot.

‘Ow ow.’ Yongsun closed her eyes as she felt the pain. ‘Wait here, I’ll get something first.’

Esna asked everyone to just play other games or go for swimming instead as she’s afraid of the current situation. 'The resort staff is getting the first aid kit and a wheelchair in case you really can’t stand, Ms. Kim.’ Dahee is already in their side.

‘Thank you, Unnie.’ Wheein thanked the MC.

‘I’m fine. You guys continue having fun I bet in a minute I can already walk.’ The clumsy woman stated as if she’s really okay. Hyejin was handling a bottled water to her when they heard a commotion.

‘Omo! Yongsun-ah!’ The sophisticated woman from their company kneeled in front of Yongsun checking her wound they are not aware when they’ve arrived. 

‘You pabo!’ She knocked Yongsun’s head shocking the staff members around them.

‘Cmmon let’s take you in our room.’ The suave man carried Yongsun in a bridal style it looks so easy for him to do such action. They bid goodbye and left everyone with dropping jaws.

‘Heol.’ Yeri exclaimed.

‘Unnie.’ Wheein and Hyejin whispered in unison as they saw their Byulie Unnie standing like a statue not so far away from their position.

When Yongsun winced she knew she still can’t move her from that spot so she just left for a while to get the first aid kit she brought along as she knew how clumsy the older woman is.

What she didn’t expect is she’ll be witnessing that scene after her run, she didn’t see that scene coming to ruin her heart.

Byul felt a single tear rolled down from her eyes as she tighten her grip on her tote bag.

Byul didn’t realize that she’s already in the beach front. ‘Why does it hurt a lot?’ She asked herself.

‘So this is what they mean by wishing the person you love liking you back?’ She laid down in the shore to relax her mind.

As she closes her eyes their memories together filled her head, Yongsun’s smile whenever she’ll greet her in the morning, her frown whenever she’ll give her a new nickname, her scream whenever she’ll say something greasy, her punches every single time, her stupid dances and giggles. Every freaking thing about Yongsun rushed in making Byul’s breathing unstable.

‘I should really stop thinking about us being together.’ Byul declared.

‘I’ll just ruin the warm relationship we formed if I meddle in her life, plus she looks happy.’ 'But sometimes she looks at me with so much affection that it's confusing.'

The sound of the waves calms her down but her tears keeps coming out as she convince herself that it’s over. After an hour, Byul wakes up wincing as she felt her eyes are sore and itchy maybe because she fell asleep while crying.

‘Good thing it’s not high tide and there’s no sharks here.’ She whispered while fixing her hair.

‘Is she fine now?’ Byul is still worried for the woman even her heart is clenching she can’t help but wonder if the wound is already treated.

‘Tss. Of course it is that guy looks like a doctor too.’ She hissed bitterly.

‘Why am I even talking to myself?’ Byul annoyingly kicked the stones while walking back. Once she arrived in the camp the staff are all in their own world others are playing card games while the other half are playing in the pool area.

‘Byul Unnie.’ Wheein the puppy tried her best not to show a sad expression.

‘Oh?’ Byul answered her voice came out like a whisper.

‘Join us here.’ Hyejin patted her side while smiling so Byul quietly sat in the grass joining them.

‘I’m sleepy so I’ll not play.’ She said pertaining to the board game and her friends shared a knowing look letting their Unnie lay down peacefully.

Lunch came but Yongsun was still nowhere to be found making them worried so Byul is picking on her food obviously not in the mood.

‘She’s still resting in the director’s room  the resort staff already check the injury and brought her food so no need for us to worry.’ Esna came to their table sharing the news.

‘Director’s room?’ Byul snapped.

‘Ah that’s what the receptionist told me, I think that’s understandable since they are the one who took Yongsun a while ago.’ Esna replied.

‘Tsk. They can just bring her to her own room.’
Seulgi gulped seeing her Unnie’s facial expression this kind of Moon is really not to mess up with. Dark side of the moon as they called.

‘I’ll go for a walk.’ And she left once again.

After dinner the director asked the resort to arrange a bonfire for them and provide some blankets, drinks and snacks. Once the dinner is done everyone settled in the beach front Yongsun walks slowly to sit beside her friends. 

‘Unnie, are you okay?’ Whee asked observing her bandage.

‘I am. It just that it stings a lot earlier so I choose to sleep so it’ll lessen the pain.’ Yongsun responded while roaming her eyes.

‘Byulie Unnie?’ Hyejin asked so the injured woman nodded immediately.

‘Where is she?’ Yongsun felt terrible that she left earlier without Byul, she definitely knows that the younger woman was getting something to treat her wound. As long as she wanted to wait for her she can’t argue when the director hit her in the head.

‘Maybe in your room or she went to the beach.’ ‘We are not really sure as she doesn’t want to talk with us.’

‘Everyone! Please raise our glasses and let’s cheers!’ Esna cheered holding her vodka shot other followed with their own type of drinks.

Yongsun raised her beer can but she’s still trying to figure out where the hamster might be. ‘Ei.’ A certain brunette wrapped her in a hug.

‘Byori?’ Yongsun felt her body tense from the intimate contact.

‘Hiii’ Byul is definitely tipsy. Yongsun can smell the liquor from her breathe and she’s still hugging the older woman’s figure from behind.

‘Are you drunk? How long have you been drinking?’ Yongsun turned around slowly trying to suppress her whine as she felt a sting on her knee.

‘Don’t look at me like that.’ Byul put a finger on Yongsun’s forehead to push her away.

‘You are the one who stinks yet you want my face away from you. This brat.’

‘B-ecause you’re too close and I’m h-aving a hard time not to k-iss you.’ Byul declared slurring.

‘What?’ Yong gulped she’s pretty sure that she looks like a living tomato by now from the alcohol she consumed even though it has the lowest percent from all the drinks here adding the factor that this greasy ball is saying unusual things to her.

‘Nevermind.’ Byul released her grip and sat properly beside Yongsun who’s still stunned from her bluntness.

‘Is everyone enjoying?’ The sophisticated woman that they assumed as the secretary of the director stood up they’re both seated in the opposite side. They look casual but still elegant with their summer outfit.

‘Yesss.’ The staff cheered loudly. ‘I would like to thank every single person here for the hardwork and patience you all had put in the project. I’m glad the company is equipped with talented people so this little get away is a gift for each one of you.’ They clapped their hands and made a toss with their drinks once again.

‘Let’s play a game!’ Esna proposed.

‘What game?’ Hwasa’s manager replied so they voted for “Tell something embarrassing about the person beside you”

‘This is quite similar to truth of dare the only difference is just that you don’t have to choose. If the lip part of the bottle pointed at you you’ll be sharing an embarrassing episode of the other person on the other side.

‘Other person means the one who’s facing the bottom of the bottle?’ Wheein asked.

‘Yes. And if you can’t think of anything after 10 seconds you’ll just do a dare.’ Esna explains making everyone groaned knowing that their colleagues are all pranksters.

‘The maknae in the company should spin the bottle.’ Mr. Pizzuti teased he told everyone his name when one of the designers asked a while ago. He is half Italian that’s why his features are too manly.

‘Yes, of course.’ Yeri jumped from her spot and spin the bottle everyone looks tense when the bottle stops in Mr.Pizzuti’s direction while the other end is pointing at Yongsun.

‘Ohh. I didn’t expect that.’ He said smiling he suddenly whispered to the woman beside her and they both shared a laugh making everyone curious.

Yongsun saw how Byul’s gaze darkened the younger woman continuously gulp the remaining liquid from her beer can.

‘Byul-ah slow down your intake.’ She whispered holding Byul’s arm but the latter ignored her.

‘An episode that is really embarrassing? Yongsun has a hygiene problem!’ The man started making them gasps from their seat.

‘Yah!’ Yongsun shouted luckily he’s in the opposite side of the circle or else she’ll definitely hit him.

‘She likes to talk about poop and she can live without taking a bath for 5 days.’ He revealed laughing once he said that Yongsun’s close friends join him.

‘See. I  can see some of you are laughing that only means it’s true.’

‘Yah! Do you really need to?’ Yongsun whined loudly her friends are clapping but they’re also confused because the interaction between them are too genuine and natural.

‘Mr. Pizzuti, if you don’t mind us asking but for you to know that thing about Yongsun are the two of you close?’ Esna asked politely.

Byul clenched her jaw as she look beside her. ‘Enough.’ She whispered weakly seeing Yongsun smile like that is enough so she stood up.

‘Byul.’ Yongsun tries to hold her hand but the younger one shook it away as she walk away from the crowd.

Yongsun can’t take this anymore as she saw how sad Byul’s eyes are so she asked Wheein to help her stand up she makes her way to the beach to follow the sad hamster.

‘She’s definitely like my sister already.’

‘Sister?’ Hyejin looked over to Wheein.

‘Because she’s the sister of my lady so basically I treat her as my younger sister too.’ Gian looked beside her while explaining.

‘Wait.’ The woman finally talked seeing everyone is curious and looking dumbfounded.

‘Yongsun is my sister and this man beside here is my fiancée so he knew a lot about her because we’re close.’

‘Did you guys assume that he and Yongsun has a thing?’ With that question asked everyone nodded their heads.

‘Aigoo!.’ The two laughs whole heartedly.

“I think it’s our fault too as we didn’t introduce ourselves properly, I’m Kim Yonghee by the way.’ Their eyes widened once again with another revelation.

‘Ms. Kim Yonghee? The daughter of the company’s owner?’ Esna nearly scream.

‘Yes. Wait so you guys also thought that the director is him?’ Yonghee finally stood up and put her hands on her waist.

‘I didn’t know the employees are assuming like this. I’ll make everyone of you run around tomorrow morning as a punishment.’ She said strictly but after a second she can’t help herself from laughing.

‘That means Yongsun Unnie is also the owner of the company.’ Yeri whispered.

‘I apologized if I didn’t introduce myself from the start as I want to protect Yongsun’s identity she chose to work as a normal employee as a challenge. We are not pretending to be someone else it just that we’re not fan of revealing too much information about our family background.’ Yonghee explained.

The staff stood up one by one and they bowed in unison as an apology to the director.’ We are sorry, Ms. Kim. Mr. Pizzuti.’ They all said making Yonghee proud from the action.

‘Stop it you guys, we’re cool so please continue the game as I’m liking this I just hope everything is clear and let this be a lesson to all of you - never assume otherwise stated.’ Gian keeps laughing beside her so Yonghee pinched his side.

‘You’re enjoying this! Tss.’ She raised her eyebrows to him then signaled everyone to take their seats again.

‘I think our Yongsun will no longer be single, tonight.’ He whispered to Yonghee.

Hearing those assumptions from the employees they realized the reason why Yongsun’s bestfriend walked out and left the area.

‘That’s why Ms.Kim looks like Yongsun Unnie.’ Hyejin told Wheein silently she still can’t believe they’re stupid like that.

‘Exactly.’ Esna replied.

‘And the reason why she’s more hands on because she’s the director.’ Seulgi remembered those times.

‘It’s Ms. Kim all along. They look really good though.’ Yeri’s looking at them with awe the maknae really has a soft heart with couples.

‘Geez. Byulie Unnie!’ They all whispered in unison. They shook their heads realizing Byul’s action since the two person arrived in their company.

Byul keeps walking even her sight is getting blurry from the alcohol running inside her system.

‘Yah. Moon Byulyi!’ She heard Yongsun called for the nth time, the older woman followed her but she’s ignoring her as she doesn’t want to talk.

‘Ackk.’ Yongsun winced loudly as she tried to run after Byul.

The younger woman turned around and saw Yongsun in the ground caressing her right foot with a frown. Byul’s anger subsides from the scene so she immediately ran to Yongsun.

‘Why are you even following me?’ She hissed checking Yongsun’s knee her forehead is creasing from frustration.

‘I’m worried because you left all of a sudden in this state.’ The older woman admitted she looks directly at Byul but the other woman looks away.

‘What’s wrong with you!?’ Yongsun is really annoyed by now because Byul keeps ignoring her.

‘Why are you acting like this? Are you mad at me?’

Byul clenched her fist she’s about to walk away when Yongsun held her still. ‘Answer me!’

‘What do you want to hear!?’ Byul snapped.

‘I’m sorry, okay??’ She added in a loud voice. ‘I- I was mad to myself because I can’t seem to admit that I’m into you.’ Moonbyul revealed her voice cracks and tears started flowing from her eyes.

Yongsun’s heart melts from the unfolding scene in front of her she wants to hear more, more of this words of confession.

‘I felt hopeless when I saw how you fitted in his arms earlier I felt empty thinking about your connection with that man. To be honest with you Unnie I was planning to confess during this trip as I promise myself to finally take the risk but seeing you with that man a while ago it shatters me. I lost it when he revealed something about you it hurts me thinking that you are together.’ She whispered the last sentence.

Yongsun open to say something but Byul put her finger on her lips stopping her.
 
 ‘I- let me just say this as I still have the c-ourage I b-adly want to hold you, Yongsun. I badly want to express how much you mean to me, all those bickering and annoying banters it’s all because I want to gain your attention. Every single day this affection keeps getting stronger and it’s so hard to stop.’ Byul is a crying mess now her eyes are red and full of emotions.

‘U-nn.’ Yongsun cleared the space between them by capturing Byul’s lips she let her hand wraps around the younger woman’s neck as her lips softly brush Byul’s.

Yongsun felt how emotional the confessions is, how truthful it is and how much Byul kept these feelings inside her. Her hands tighten around Byul as she deepens the kiss trying to bite her lower lip to ask for an entrance.
It took Byulyi a minute to process what’s happening she felt so lightheaded as Yongsun’s skillfully explore the inside of .

Her mind is a mess,  her heartbeat is like the sounds of the waves crashing on the shore and her soul is dancing from joy. Byul feel like the universe finally answered her prayers she feel like she’s floating with the stars right at this moment.

Her trance stops when Yongsun broke the kiss. ‘U-nnie.’ She quietly called looking directly at Yongsun’s eyes trying to find an answer for that sudden kiss.

‘Took you long enough, Byori.’ Yongsun slapped Byul’s chest she suddenly felt embarrass for the action she did so she buried her face on the crook of the younger woman’s neck.

‘You mean?’ Byul eyes widened from realization.

‘Definitely, you brat!’ Yongsun looked up again and punched Byul’s shoulder.

‘I was waiting for you to admit your feelings for me. I always feel warm knowing how much you care for me, how you make my day bright and how you always have your own way to cheer me up by annoying me every single time. I kind of know that you treats me differently but I want that assurance Byul-ah so I tried to test how much you can stay loyal to your feelings.’

‘I also want to admit how I feel around you but everytime I’ll try you’ll always ruin the moment by annoying my .’ Yongsun argued.

Byul smiled from ear to ear hearing those words makes her special so she wraps her in an embrace.

‘All along I was dying for the wrong thoughts.’ Byul laughed she feel so happy knowing that her love is reciprocated.

‘Byul.’ Yongsun called so she broke the hug and looks at the woman of her life feeling more sober now.

‘I really love you so please stop having silly thoughts, okay? I don’t like you being sad I want my annoying hamster back.’ Yongsun held her face affectionately.

‘I loove you more though.’ Byul teased with a smirk so Yongsun pushed her making her lay down in the sand.
 
Earlier she was laying here looking miserable and feeling heavy but right now she feel so contented and overwhelmed.

‘Come here.’ She pulled Yongsun carefully so now the older woman is resting on top of her.

‘Can I have a kiss again?’ Byul pouted.

‘So you’re a kiss maniac now?’ Yongsun teased.

‘It’s your fault, Ddunie! It’s bad to steal kisses like that, I didn’t know you shut up people with your lips.’ Byul wiggle her brows so once again Yongsun immediately stops her blubbering with a kiss.

This time the kiss is soft, hot and breathy as both of them are seeking for union and closeness. Byul can feel how her cheeks flush as her tongue touched the other woman’s tongue she takes her time to taste it as she felt how Yongsun’s grip in her shoulder tightens.

‘Hmm.’ Yongsun stops as she heard the sound that came out from her own mouth her cheeks are burning as she slowly opened her eyes. Byul’s intense stares are not helping to calm her soul as those eyes are full of love and admiration.

‘My apologies I got carried away, Unnie.’ Byul whispered her breathe is warm against Yongsun’s face.

‘S-ame here.’ Yongsun shyly admitted so they both giggled.

‘Don’t cry.’ Byul panics as she see tears coming out from Yongsun’s eyes.

‘I’m just too happy.’ Byul brushed a strand of Yongsun’s hair behind her ear as they look in each other’s eyes.

‘He is my sister’s boyfriend or should I say fiancée.’ Yongsun blurted out making Byul cursed under her breath it only means that she’s been crying for nothing. She’s been miserably drinking for a false assumption and stupid scenarios inside her head.

Her thoughts stops when Yongsun shouted. ‘ Yah! Are you cursing my family?’

‘No! No I’m just shock, I mean I assume that you guys are a thing since you look tensed when they arrived in the company plus the visits in the director’s office.’

Yongsun starts giggling because Byul looks like a child telling her Mom that someone bullies her in the school.

‘Aigoo. Plus the lifting moment and the fact that I stayed in their room when I got injured?’ She asked pinching Byul’s cheeks.

‘All because we’re close like that he likes to treat me like a princess as much as my Unnie does they’re both like that towards me.’ Yongsun explained. ‘Even though Unnie can be a little strict sometimes.’

‘You mean the sophisticated secretary is your sister?’

‘You thought she’s a secretary??’ Yongsun pinched Byul’s stomach with that information.

‘That sophisticated woman is our director, you brat! She will kill you when she hears that.’

‘Oi it’s not just me Unnie! Basically all of us assumed.’ Byul defended herself she cursed once again thinking of possible scenarios with the older Kim.

If Yongsun Unnies is scary enough to handle how scary is the older one?

‘So it means you’re an owner too.’ Byul realized, that explains Yongsun's behaviour since the director's arrival last week. 

‘Yes. I’m your boss so you better behave your or else I’ll fire you.’

‘It’s okay as long as you’ll make me your housewife forever.’ Byul locked her eyes to Yongsun’s as she leaned forward to give her a brief and chaste kisses.

‘Tss. This will be your new habit now, Moon?’ The older woman nags but her smile is blinding.

‘Surely as the eclipse I’ve been waiting for years finally revealed itself.’ ‘I love you, ddun.’ Byul intimately wraps her arms around the woman on top of her.

‘I love you too, fart.’ She replied giggling as they tightly embrace each other under the moonlight.

They closed their eyes to enjoy each other presence only hearing the waves and their heart beating for each other.