Chapter One

Colleague In Love

CHAPTER 1

Byul parked her range rover outside the building with a smirk.

‘What a sleek boy you are.’ She hissed getting out of her jeep.

‘Tss. Unnie you act like you are as big as your car.’ Seulgi’s sudden presence startled Byul.

‘Oi! Don’t talk to me like that as if you’re the tallest person in this world.’ Byul playfully banter with her friend. 

‘I maybe not the tallest but I’m not a chicken when it comes to my crush.’ Seulgi countered all of a sudden making the older one of them run after her.

‘You freaking bear! That’s how you treat your Unnie now??’ Byul shouted.

Due to the adrenaline of running around Byul nearly bump into someone she halted when she smells the familiar scent of vanilla fragrance.

‘Oiii.’ She playfully raised her hands in the air.

'Gooood morniiing, pumpkin Yong.’ A grinning Byul exclaimed.

‘Yah!’ Yong slapped the handsome girl on her shoulder showing her disapproval of the said new nickname.

Byul has a habit to give her nicknames based on her appearance or action. No wonder the younger woman called her that because she’s wearing an orange pullover today.

‘Typical cat and dog in the morning.’ Wheein sighed on her table.

‘You two better stay seated or else I’ll beat your asses!’ Esna shouted at her younger colleagues. She’s the team manager of Digital Art and Design Department.

Yong gave Byul a glare before she settled on her place probably not the last one knowing she’ll give more later in the day.

‘Still pretty.’ Byul whispered while shaking her head.

Esna gathered their attention to announce that there’s a new project for them. The team is divided in two areas; choosing the outfits, location, and props to be used for music videos are assigned to Yongsun, Wheein, Esna, and Yeri.

While the technical work like graphic design, effects and videography are for  Byul and Seulgi’s hands.

The company they are working for are composed of fashion designers, make up artists, choreographers, dancers, videographers, graphic artists, lyrists, and musicians.

Different teams = all for the entertainment industry.

That’s why almost all the entertainment labels in South Korea handpicks them to partner up with their own staff to produce better music videos.

‘So it’s for Hwasa?’ Wheein put her hand under her chin while thinking.

‘Yes. She kinda exudes a strong intimidating aura so I think something powerful will suit her.’ Esna suggested.

‘This will be her first solo song, right?’ Seulgi asked and the others nodded.

‘Do we have the insights about the said song, any details of what she wants to deliver to the viewers?’ Byul turned to her professional mode and Yongsun can’t help but to stare at the younger woman.

Whenever Byul talks seriously she just can’t take her eyes off her and she feels giddy inside. She cleared noticing that the others are looking at her.

‘O-hh?’ Yong is puzzled. ‘Wae?’ Her eyes are about to bulge getting tense that maybe they caught her dreamy staring.

‘Miss pumpkin you need to share with us the details you have on your lap.’ Byul said while poking her cheek.

‘Aish. Aish.’ Yong nudged aggressively making the team shakes their head from the bantering in front of them.

Yongsun explained that the song is about a person who loves the other innocently and purely giving all the love like a fool. That’s why the title is Twit which technically means fool or stupid.

‘Based in real life, Yong Unnie? I can see here that Hwasa Unnie helped writing the lyrics?’ Yeri asked breaking the silence.

‘Ohh?’ Yong reacted.

‘It can happen. Sometimes we became a fool when we truly love someone.’ Byul suddenly blurted gaining some teasing and cheers from the others.

‘Our cheesy Byulie is at it again.’ Seulgi shouted. Yongsun looked to her side but Byul immediately look away.

‘Okay, all of you enough with the teasing. Let’s throw some ideas now. Each one will take note and we’ll present these to Hwasa. We’ll be having a briefing with her tomorrow.’

‘We should use light colours to accentuate the cheerful side.’ Seulgi scribbled down her ideas on her pad.

‘I agree, plus Hyejin has a title of Queen behaviour so the setting should be like a royal place or something.’ Wheein voiced out her opinion.

They are still plotting ideas when they heard a commotion.

‘What’s happening?’

They stood up when they saw six guards protecting a sophisticated woman. She looks like a goddess with her red feminine suit beside her is a refined man wearing a classy attire they’re oozing with confidence and authority.

‘Hi.’ The gorgeous woman greeted cheerfully making Esna’s team bow politely towards them. 

Byul noticed that Yong looks really shock or worst she looks terrified.

‘I heard about the new project, I trust all of you to do well since she’s the IT Girl of South Korea.’ The woman said raising her fist for a ‘fighting sign’

‘Goodluck.’ The elegant looking man added his eyes are scanning everyone and when it landed to a particular person he released a wink.

‘Did he just wink at you, Unnie?’ Yeri screamed once the people left their area.

'He’s so damn charming.’ The maknae of the team fangirled.

Yongsun’s eyes are wide open she just can’t believe that they are here.

Is this real?