Chapter 1

Beneath A Pasted Smile

Chapter  1 

 

Spring. There’s no other days better than the spring bloom under the clear blue sky, a friendly wind brushed lightly on skin, a little bit cold yet the very familiar scent everyone do missed especially for every student who just started their semester after the spring break. Included this one girl.

 

 

Not like her usual day every single time the break ended because she most likely will just stayed in her room but today would became one of her busiest day as well. Not to mention her holidays’ reports she had to submit in a week from today but she had to actually entertain this one newcomer which probably already lost her way to her new dorm. Not that she hated to meet her but to think that she had to dress up herself and went outside and probably met one or two of friend, she hated the way that she had to fake her smile to everyone or basically greeted them with her boring voice.

 

 

Her phone vibrated for the second times.

I told you i’m not good at finding a way.’

She could tell a frustrating voice behind the text.

‘Alright where are you? Do you see the dorm building?’

The second her phone vibrated again, she smiled.

‘I think I’m in front of it but I don’t know which way shall I go. Its ing huge!’

She snorted while quickly grabbed her black long coat and went out her room.

‘Language OH HAYOUNG! By the way, wait for me there.’

As soon as she found the familiar figure, she waved her hands and smiled brightly while walked as fast as she could toward the other person. The older quickly tug their arms together and patted the younger’s head. The younger smiled even brighter and let out a loud sigh.

“Rong Unnie, my one and only savior. I miss you.” The younger hug her.

“I miss you too. Let’s go inside and you don’t lose your dorm’s key right?” She laughed.

“Unnie…I’m not that clumsy. Here’s the key! I can’t wait to see my room.” The younger excited.

“Let me show your room. I wish it will be little bit far from mine otherwise I can’t live in a peace anymore.” She joked.

“Unnie…I already promise I won’t disturb you anyway.” The younger pouted.

“Well who knows…”She shrugged and giggled herself.

 

 

The conversation ended in front of a room which Chorong could be so much relieved that the room was totally quite far from her own room. In fact a different level as well. As soon as they entered the room with the key, they looked around the room. There’s a huge purple luggage spread on the floor beside one bed. A few of small notebooks been organized on one place on the study desk next to the cute purple lamp. On the other side there’s empty bed which belong to Hayoung and she quickly threw her luggage away and lied on her bed.

“Looks like your roommate will scolding you more than I am” Chorong blurted.

“Why? I’m not that messy as well. I’ve grown up and I know how to be organized at times.” The younger claimed.

“I wish ‘at time’ will be every time Hayoung-ah” Chorong smile warmly before hug her little sister and went out the room after a little chit chat.

 

 

She went upstairs and walked to her room which located on the other wings of the building. From far she could recognize the familiar figure that stood against her room’s door in her long brown coat. The latter’s wine hair brushed her face few times before she heard Chorong’s footsteps came nearer and smiled as bright as sunshine. Chorong quicken her steps and hug the latter before let her inside. Her room obviously better than Hayoung’s room since she owned the privilege as the 3rd year student. There’s wider space and a lot more comfortable than the newcomer’s room.

“Whats bring you here?” Chorong asked first.

“Well can’t I even visit my favorite person?” The other person replied.

“Your favorite person doesn’t even look like she’s staying here.” Chorong eyed over the messy bed across her.

“You are my favorite person Rong Unnie. She’s 2nd best.” They laughed at the younger statement.

“I doubt she’ll sulk for few days if she ever heard this Bomi-ah.” They laughed again and again and again until suddenly someone knocked out the door.

Chorong woke up and reached the doorknob before she saw a figure stood in front of the door.

“Rong Unnie…Lets eat dinner. Is your roommate inside?” Hayoung peeked her head inside to only see Bomi grinned her teeth and waved back at her.

“Hi, Hayoung-ah! Come inside!” Bomi shouted.

Not even slightly care over her sister next to her, Hayoung pushed Chorong aside, ran and hug her 2nd best sister, Yoon Bomi. Technically said, Bomi was her one and only sister that shared one braincell. Not that she dislike Chorong but with Bomi she didnt’t even have to think either to use up all the coins at the arcade or played hide and seek until late night. OR sometimes even challenging, she had an audacity to overnight secretly at Bomi without her sister or her parent’s admission. Chorong was a sweet but a rigid sister sometimes strict than their parent.

“Bomi Unnie…long time no see. I miss you a lot.” Hayoung hug Bomi tightly.

“Not even passed few hours you already broken your promises, Hayoung. I thought I will live peacefully after a long break.” Chorong sighed and joined them.

“Don’t be so tight over her Rong Unnie. She’s still your sister. Let grab a dinner.” Bomi rose from her seat.

“Look like Rong Unnie must be tired living all these years in campus. How can your roommate be messier than mine? By the way where’s she?”Hayoung asked as soon as she scanned her sister’s roommate messy space.

A sudden silent snapped for a while. Before the awkwardness eat any of their gut,

“Heyyy whatever lets go eat.” Bomi interrupted the silent.

 

 

It passed midnight. As soon as she closed the window, she sat on her bed, took out the book she had been read halfway throughout the break semester. She brought few books to read during the break but only managed to read few pages. Its not like her younger sister even disturbed her so much nor neither her parent even asked her to do many things at home since they had been reminded she had to finish her report by the first week of semester start. It just every time she tried to read a book or finish her report, at the end of the day, there’s always someone lingered in her mind. Always.

 

 

This someone.

She hated her so much for some reason.

But she couldn’t deny that this someone had always own special place inside her heart.

No matter how much she hated her.

No matter how many time this person hurt her.

No matter how far she could stand with her.

And no matter how broken her heart had been.

This someone who,

Beneath a pasted smile a pain.

 

-

She woke up to a tiny sound of a creek from the door. It barely 3am as she looked over her phone under her pillow. She didn’t even have to look over the person to guess who the one smelled reeked with alcohol. Not that she complained much, its literally the first week of semester, the first year just finished the orientation week while the 2nd and 3rd year have to finish every report they had. Being in an education department was already burdened her enough with all those reports. She just amazed at how her roommate managed to pass all the finals with this attitude as a law student.

 

-

Morning alarm woke her up instantly. She looked over her phone just to realize again the sound not shouted from her phone and lazily walked over her passed out roommate and turned off the alarm immediately. She sighed at the look over her roommate’s messy bed. Clothes were all over the place. Her roommate was still in her black leather jacket and smelled alcohol. Her face buried on the pillow with disheveled hair all over. Chorong sighed for a million times. She couldn’t count anymore how many times she helped her arranged her place it always messed up again.

 

-

As Chorong finished her shower, she wore her casual sweaters while eyed the other person who still sit on her bed did nothing other than frequently rubbed her eyes just to make sure she human enough today. The silent broke.

“I don’t know you kinda bad drinker.” Chorong started.

“You don’t have to know.” She replied short.

“Oh well at least you didn’t sleep again.” Chorong snapped.

“Oh I wont I know what should I bring on my table. I don’t wake up on the VERY wrong place.” She snapped back.

“…And if I ever sleep its your issue not mine having an attractive body that you couldn’t resist anyway.” She continued.

“Yaaa…this is too much. You don’t even know how much I help you clean your messy place over and over again and this is how you treated me back.” Chorong shouted.

“Shut up you started first. I’m even a far better drinker than you.” She shouted back.

“Jeong Eunji…” Chorong called but a little bit lower voice this time.

“Yes thank you…”She replied.

“For?”

“For cleaning my place over and over again.” She smirked and got up her to go shower.

 

 


 

 

I hope you guys enjoy the first chapter. Feel free to comment below. :)