CHAPTER 5

ACE OF HEARTS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JANUARY
 
It has been a week. One whole week since Eunbi heard from Sojung, one whole week since "that" happened. She tries to erase it from her head because it is embarrassing.

What happened? The first time they met, she was totally a at Sojung but Sojung still made her way that leads them to here. A kiss happened then Sojung is gone. She is sure that she isn't hallucinating to say that Sojung was the one who got interested.
 
As for now, she sits on Yerin's couch again, having an ice cream tub again. She just simply feels lonely so being on Yerin's couch helps even when Yerin nagging at her. She has no intention of doing anything else besides watching Gossip Girl and stuffing an ice cream all day with Yerin.
 
"Eunbi, I know you don't wanna talk about it but....."
 
"Shut up, Yerin.," she says for the good fourth time today. Yerin keeps nagging at her. She is not one to talk when her mind wouldn't process the thing.

Yerin turns down the TV volume, "This is a ing serious question and I'm asking it whether you like it or not. It's for your own good, trust me." she flares out the sentence, earning herself a glare from Eunbi next to her. "Have you actually tried calling her? Or SinB at least?" 

The smaller girl shoves a mouthful of ice cream in . Of course, she hasn't call Sojung. Why would she make a fool of herself again?
 
"You're just waiting for her to call you, but what if she's doing the same?" questions Yerin, ignoring the horrible face of Eunbi. "What if she's moping around waiting for you to ring her?" 
 
"Do you hear yourself, Jung Yerin? She ran out on me, remember?"

Yerin turns off the TV this time, facing Eunbi, "You have no idea, do you?" She didn't wait for a reply before she carries on. "God, Eunbi. Sojung likes you. I mean, she really, really, really likes you. And I'm not just saying that because you're my friend or because I think you'd both be adorable together, I'm saying it because it's true. I can see it through, why the you can't?"
 
"What the hell are you talking about?" Eunbi stares past her friend, hoping that the blush on her face is not as obvious as it felt. 
 
"Jesus H. Christ. Jung Eunbi, are you ing blind? shouts Yerin with a mouthful of ice cream. "Have you not noticed? Wait...nevermind. Of course, you don't. You're Jung 'I'm-Blind-As-' Eunbi."

"What's up with you? Calm the down, please."

Yerin rolls her eyes, "The way she looks at you. I've never seen anyone look at someone like that before unless they're completely ing in love. She never shuts up about you, seriously. I haven't spent much time with her, but the time that I did spend with her, God, all she spoke about was you. She is so in love with you and don't you dare tell me you aren't in love with her too, because I know that you are."
 
The sentences flying out into Eunbi. She stares into Yerin for a minute, processing how could Sojung be in love with her and vice versa. Did she really allow herself to fall in love with Sojung? Thanks for Yerin, it might knock some senses into her. She needed that.
 
"," says Yerin raising her voice a little, she turns real serious. "I know what you're thinking right now, it's all over your face. Choi Yuna is dead. You have to move on and Sojung...you deserve her, Eunbi. You don't deserve throwing away your happiness because of Yuna. She's dead. Do you want to be alone forever, wishing you were with some hot chick you denied yourself because you were too busy getting drunk and ignoring your feelings? Is that what you want?" 

Eunbi is now wearing a guilty face, her ice cream in her hand is melting. It all makes sense anyway. She needed the push, she needed Yerin to nag her. She'd spent 9 months missing Yuna, feeling guilty over ing Sojung right after the funeral and feeling guilty about wanting someone other than the woman who she had once planned to marry. 9 months feeling sorry for herself but the truth is she's just wasting her time.

She springs from her position on the couch, "I....I've gotta go." she says and runs straight picking up her bag.
 
"Where are you going?" questions Yerin. She follows her friend from behind. "Are you even going to put some proper clothes on?" she asks again watches her friend going round and round. "Jung Eunbi!" is the last word from Yerin's mouth before Eunbi is really gone.


 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


 
"Yerin, I can't do it!" says Eunbi as she staring at the block of Sojung's place.
 
"Yes, you can. Look, just take a breath, calm down. Go in there and say what you feel, it'll come easy. You can do it, Eunbi." And with that Yerin hung up, leaving Eunbi with a stomach full of nerves and two sweaty palms. The last time she felt like this was when she proposed to Yuna.
 
After another ten minutes of sitting and staring up at the window which leads to the kitchen, she finally decides it is time to get her together and face Sojung. 

Sojung opens the door and the first thing Eunbi does is just staring at the latter with a blank face because she has no idea what to say. 

The same thing happens with Sojung anyway. She waits for Eunbi to say something but it might take a whole day, so she decides to just break the awkwardness, "What do you want, Eunbi?" 

"Why did you run away?" questions Eunbi right away, this has been spinning round and round in her head since the party. The silence takes over as she watches Sojung's face changes and her brows furrow down. 
 
The sounds of birds chirping and traffic are the only ones who fill the silence in between. Eunbi starting to think if it would be better if she just leaves right now. She should stop embarrasses herself. 

In the end, Sojung calls out but it sounds abnormal and there's no boldness and confidence like how she always has. "Eunbi." she begins, looking up at the shorter girl at her door with sad puppy eyes. "I'm so in love with you it hurts. Damn it. And I have tried, I have tried so ing hard to pretend that I'm not because you unknowingly hints me that we'd never work because you don't feel the same way about me, you used me when you needed someone to help you forget about the pain you were in. I was okay with that though, I didn't mind hurting or being used so long as I could be your friend, be there for you, be around you." a long explanation escapes Sojung's mouth like a train and the tears have fallen too. She can't believe she cries.

Eunbi wants nothing more than to lean forward and brush those tears away. Kim Sojung isn't supposed to cry when she's the one who left.
 
"And then.." continues Sojung, "Then you kissed me...you were drunk again and I can't pretend anymore, Eunbi. I am in love with you, and it's eating me alive. I'm sorry, I just... I can't..." her eyes drifting up to Eunbi's face for a moment before she shifts away from the door and pushes it close.

It is not a shocking thing for Eunbi, she had it coming somehow. She hasn't even gotten a chance to say what she'd wanted to say. Yerin is right. Sojung is in love with her and she has been too busy being wrapped up in her own little world,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter