CHAPTER 1

ACE OF HEARTS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
MARCH

"Here's your shots!" says Sojung as she serves the shots to the customer of her, a smile latches on her face. She has seen several miserable people sitting at her bar before and this girl is no different.

Her curiosity is kicking and also she is a certified listener especially for the drunkards in her bar. "What the hell happened to you?" 

Jung Eunbi sits across of Sojung with her messy hair and her -lost-count of shots. Honestly, she wouldn't care that much to reply to the bartender.

The bartender gets a free time ahead of her, she starts wiping down her counter as she waits for Eunbi to reply. She is so familiar with the situation, everyone takes the long pause before the real talk begins.

Eunbi notices the waiting and hell it doesn't hurt to answer a complete stranger - a completely attractive stranger, "My fiancee died."

The words are still heavy and it hurts her to say so. She knew death is not easy to deal with but this is coming like a shot from behind.

Sojung presses her lips as she shows an apologetic expression. It must have been awful for her. She knows saying this won't help and the latter must have heard the same thing over and over again. "I'm sorry to hear that, it must be awful."

Eunbi nods in agony. It is different than the other sorry she heard lately. It sounds genuine. 

Yuju is dead and nothing she could ever do.

She looks straight to the attractive bartender and she swears if she wasn't supposed to be mourning right now, she would shove her hands down to Sojung's pants just to feel something different than pain. No one trains her how to deal with this kind of pain.

Sojung smiles along the way and she places a glass of water for Eunbi, "I think you have had enough shots for today. Please, don't throw up in my bar."

The latter brushes off the bartender's words, she can do whatever she wants as long as she pays for it. Her heart is feeling heavy whenever she thought about Yuju and her habits. Yuju would wrap her legs between hers when they slept, how Yuju always knew exactly when to order Hamburger and how Yuju would get up early on Saturday mornings so she wouldn't miss the singing competition shows. Eunbi doesn't realize that her tears have fallen.

"When did it happen?" asks Sojung again.

"Like...yesterday. I think. I'm drunk, I can't even remember my last name right now. God, I'm so pathetic, look at me!" says Eunbi as a peal of laughter follows right after that.

A sympathy plastered in Sojung's face and concern towards Eunbi, "Your fiancee died yesterday and now you're sat in a shady bar, drinking ty cocktails on your own? Don't you have a family you should be with right now?"

"I don't have anybody. And my fiancee's family don't like me and since I don't have to put up with them anymore I'll see them at the funeral and that will be it," says Eunbi with laughter again. Pathetic.

Her normal self would know how pathetic it is. "They didn't even want me to help them arrange my own fiancee's funeral! How ed up is that?"

Sojung sighs and she leans against the counter. "I get off my shift in twenty minutes, wait for me?"

Eunbi nods unknowingly, probably a little too desperate but she needs this. She needs to be drunk and she needs someone to take her out of her mind and this attractive bartender looks like the kind of girl who could do that. 

Sojung, on the other hand, would love to held Eunbi and tell her everything is going to be okay. She wants to help Eunbi to feel something other than the pain of losing her fiancee. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Eunbi awakens by the smell of alcohol and smokes the next morning. Her head does not hurt as much as she expected. Wait. Alcohol and smoke? How the ? 

"Jesus ing Christ" curses Eunbi. 

She examines the room and she swears she never has seen this room before. She's probably in the attractive bartender's room right now, !

A sense of guilt is hitting Eunbi in instant, did she just cheated on Yuju? The fiancee just passed away yesterday and now she's in stranger's bed. She should be remembering Yuju's scent and helping her parents with the funeral.

Out of sudden, a dark blonde long-haired opens the bedroom's door - the woman's eyes became wider as she looks at Eunbi from head to toe. 

The woman stops staring at Eunbi and walks away from the door, "KIM SOJUNG! 

She is left dumbfounded and confused - should she go outside and try not to make things weird?

"Why the are you screaming for?" replies Sojung which Eunbi heard between the walls.

"Kim Sojung...you can not keep bringing women home and leaving them in the room in nothing but a bedsheet, okay?"

She facepalming herself, she can't believe she stays over someone's house. To make it worst, Sojung probably done this too many times with other people. She wraps her body with the bedsheet since she can't find her clothes. She stands one-step-away from the door, once again drowns in her thoughts.

A pair of cold fingers touch her's chin and that's what brought Eunbi back from her thoughts, "Hey Eunbi, it's okay." 

"Uhm....."

"Wanna talk about it?" asks Sojung as she gets a pair of clean clothes and new underwear.

Sojung's lips curves into a smile, "Here, put these on and I will be right outside. You can come out when you're ready and we'll get breakfast if SinB hasn't shove all the bacon down ."

She comes out from the bedroom 5 minutes later and when she opens the door, Sojung is still standing there in front of the door and this certainly makes the situation awkward - at least for Eunbi.

"Better?" asks Sojung with her adorable smiley face.

"Better," she answers without eye contact being exchanged. 

Sojung grabs her hand and drags her to the kitchen area where SinB sits around a small table, a newspaper in one hand, and a piece of bacon in the other.

The woman named SinB looks up to both of them and smirks a little before she puts down thenewspaper and wipes her fingers. "So, she does know how to dress?"

She could feel her cheek turns red and she looks down to the floor, she would have to hide if she can.

"Kidding. She's cute," says SinB to Sojung.

Sojung shoots a death glare towards SinB before she grabs two plates from the cupboard. "Ignore her, Eunbi."

SinB flashes a peal of laughter, "Whatever. It is nice meeting you, Eunbi. It is Eunbi right?" asks SinB which only getting Eunbi nod at the latter. 

"I'd love to stay and chat but I have to go to work now," says SinB as she stands up and grabs her jacket with her. 

"And Sojung, it's your turn to cook so don't burn the ing kitchen like last week." 

"Get out of here!"

Another minute has passed with silence, clearly because Eunbi doesn't know what to say.

Sojung senses the awkwardness in the air and of course, she can't blame Eunbi.  She gets to say something anyway, "Eunbi, that woman is my best friend. Just ignore most of what she says, she doesn't mean it. Especially the thing about uh.....bringing girls over all the time... I....um...I don't do that." explains Sojung. 

"And speaking of last night." continues Sojung before she shoves bacon into .

Eunbi's eyes widen upon hearing them. She doesn't want to talk about last night because she doesn't want to know. It will only make things worse.

"You know we didn't have , right? You were throwing up of your head and I'm not an . Even if I were, I didn't even get the chance to have my way with you. We made-out a bit on the couch and then you got up then threw up and fell asleep. And also your clothes are in the washing machine, they're probably done now. So you can wipe that horrified look off your face and forgive yourself." explains Sojung because she knows how Eunbi must feel right now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day is Yuju's funeral and it is so brutal. Eunbi hates it so much because clearly, the family didn't know Yu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter