[4] A Lie To Make Them Closer

S.P.A.R.K.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

•••

 

“O-okay!” I replied and followed her to the door. I took off my shoes and took a step inside.

Like entering to the gates of heaven, I almost can’t see because of the bright light revealing through my eyes.

The inside of the house is more beautiful than I thought.

“This house is incredible!” I mumbled in awe.

But what I REALLY didn’t expect is that a hand come flying towards my cheek and I felt the itching pain coming all over it.

The deadpanned Cho Miyeon did it.

“W-what the freak did you just do?” I roared, touching lightly my itching cheek. The latter just looked at me with those eyes ready to shoot out knives.

“How the hell did you find me here? I thought you don’t want to study with freaky people like me?” She started. Then I faked a cough.

“W-well…” I picked out the green piece of paper from my pocket and her eyes widened upon looking at it. “I found this secretly hiding on one of my books. And it OBVIOUSLY came from you.”

She quickly grabbed it and tore it to pieces. What the hell is her freaking problem?

“Are you ing with me right now?” I uttered. She didn’t give me a look.

“You’re lucky my parents aren’t home. Or else they’ll find out that one of my “friends” is cursing in front of me and you won’t like the consequences.”

“I don’t care what your parents will do to me. And besides, I’m just lucky to be here, and no one will interrupt our business.”

She rolled her eyes, and then gave me another slap. I almost stumbled to the floor.

“Y-you’re really weird. Super-duper ing weird. I don’t know why people admire and like you so much and that makes them weird too.”

The annoyed girl just held her elbow from the side. She looked very disappointed.

“And I don’t know why you like Seo Soojin that much. She’s also weird, you know. Then I guess you’re weird too.” She declared.

 I gulped. “S-stop dragging Soojin-unnie into this! She’s not even here!”

“But she’s in your mind. So much that you think about her every day.” She teased.

“You’re really freaking me out right now, woman. I truly regret going here and I’m gonna go now. Adios.”

Turning around to face the entrance door, the freaking weather changed from windy to freaking cloudy to freaking raining cats and dogs.

I can’t escape now.

“Why the hell did it suddenly rain?! I didn’t even bring my umbrella because it’s not even reported on the news-“

Then I heard a flicking of TV opening and blurting a news report.

“NEWS ALERT: THERE WILL BE A HEAVY RAIN OCCURING THIS WEEK STARTING FROM WEDNESDAY TO SATURDAY. PLEASE BRING YOUR UMBRELLAS AND RAINCOATS IN CASE OF SUDDEN OCCURANCE. STAY SAFE EVERYONE.”

I stood, frozen. Miyeon just sighed, closing the TV.

“So… whether we like it or not… you’re gonna stay here with me.” The It girl concluded, putting the remote down on the living room center table.

I gritted my teeth. “Aish.”

 

 

“Want a coffee?” The It girl asked. We stayed at the kitchen island table and she started preparing some junk food.

“No thanks. And what are we gonna do with that?” I pointed on the food.

“In case that we do movie marathon after studying, then I guess we’re gonna eat this.” She replied.

Hearing that, I think she wants me to not remember every single lesson we’ll review so I’ll lose the challenge but I’m not gonna fall for that.

“How the hell am I gonna remember the things we studied if we’re gonna do a movie marathon? I’m already full anyway.”

Miyeon just shrugged. She’s really unpredictable sometimes. “It’s boring if we just study for the whole night. Are you sure you don’t want to do it? I’m gonna eat this all by myself.”

She even showed me the chips as if she’s bragging about it. And me, a whipped junk food lover, she really got me.

“You win. Now give me that Doritos.” I demanded. She stuck out her tongue in refusal.

“Nuh-uh. This is mine. You can have my other chips later.”

“You sneaky little .” I mumbled.

She turned around. “What did you just say?”

“Nothing. I said you’re beautiful. Period.” I said sarcastically.

“You liar. I heard what you said.”

“Whatever, nerd.”

“Shut up, will you?”

“Yes, ma’am.” I mockingly saluted.

We went to her room afterwards, and her room is ING HUGE.

“This is just the size of our living room in my house at ! And that bed, HOW CAN YOU SLEEP THERE ALL BY YOURSELF?”

“Don’t act so surprised. You knew that I’m rich, remember?”

“Yeah, I know, but I didn’t expect you to have this freakishly huge bedroom. Are you treated like a princess or something?”

She laughed briefly. “Haha! No, I’m just treated like a normal person. And this is just a typical bedroom you see in rich people’s houses in movies. I’ve always thought this room is boring, though you liked it, so… thank you.”

“And oh, by the way. I’m gonna brew us some tea if you’d like. You can wait here for a bit.” She added and went downstairs.

I looked around for a bit, and there’s so many stuff: a huge vanity, a 55 inch TV hanging on the wall, a long desk with two chairs (which I thought we’ll use for study later), a big corner window near in front of the bed, and a restroom that leads to a walk-in closet. Then suddenly, a rectangular picture frame lying on the bedside table caught my eye.

It shows a picture of a young Miyeon, to be exact, wearing a hat and a spring dress on the beach and waving through the camera. And what bewildered me more is that an unfamiliar girl is standing beside her and waving also through the camera. The girl looks more different than her; wearing a juniper colored shirt and jogging pants.

“Who is she?” I muttered. This is giving me headaches.

“Okay Shuhua but what are you looking at?” Miyeon’s voice echoing all over the room almost scared the freak in me.

“W-were you standing there for a few minutes now?” I looked at her. She’s holding a tray with two green cup of tea lying on it. It smells… good.

“Yep. It’s already 6:30pm, so can we start?” She asked, putting the tray on the desk and I went to unpack my things.

“I’m gonna teach you Korean, so please. Listen attentively or I’ll pinch your ears.”

I rolled my eyes but showed a smirk. “Yes ma’am.”

 

 

3 and a half hour have passed, and I hope this is GOING TO END WELL.

Even if it wasn’t from the first place.

“Did you understand now?” She said for the nth time. I’m sick of this. I hope Yuqi come to barge in the freaking door and save me from this misery.

“Why are you looking so pale now? Come on. I know that you can pronounce and speak it fluently, but you’re just making it hard for yourself.”

“I’m not making it hard, alright? YOU’RE THE ONE who’s making it hard.” I exclaimed in sudden Chinese.

“Oh really? I’m the one who’s making it hard? How exactly? Or maybe it’s because you think about Soojin so much you can’t even make a sentence out of it.”

“You’re really making me sick right now, woman. Soojin has nothing to do with studying. And besides, why do you keep bringing her up? Are you jealous because I like her? Are you jealous because I keep mentioning her that I want to take her from you? Are you jealous of me that much, Miyeon-ssi?”

The girl pressed shut and drooped her head. I’ve really eaten her up and I’m very proud of it.

“Well, if not, then stop. Stop mentioning

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter