[3] A Tutor To The Rescue

S.P.A.R.K.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

•••


I went inside the classroom in rage, knowing that the It girl just left us hanging yesterday in the middle of the last challenge.

She should receive a terrible punishment for this.

“Hey Miyeon-ssi.” I said. The girl looked up from her books, and it looks like she’s reviewing for the exams tomorrow. “Why did you leave without saying anything to me?”

“I’ve told Yuqi to tell it to you. Did she?”

“She told me, all right. But you’ve just left us in a middle of a challenge; last challenge, to be exact. And you also have the nerve to tell me that I’ve lost?”

“Well, I have. And you won’t need to care about it. And honestly, I’ve really hurried to attend a party, and it’s really important.” She smiled, and turned her head to look at her textbook again.

“Wow! So that party’s more important than the challenge now? You’re really ing unbelievable.” I snapped. Then I heard Jinhyeong standing up from his seat, his hands clenching hard. As expected from Miyeon’s number one fan.

“Don’t talk to her like that.” He said, walking slowly towards me. “Or I’ll tell the teacher about this.”

I scoffed. “Then go ahead. Tell him. Tell him that this It girl ed me up so bad she needs to be on detention right now. And oh! She went to a party last night, and she thinks it’s really amazing. Maybe she even found a new boyfriend from there, which really sounds fun.”

“You er–“ He prepared to punch me in the face but Miyeon stopped him. “Leave her be, Jinhyeong. This girl is just having periods. Don’t put your attention to her that much. She needs some 'cooling'.” Jinhyeong nodded and glared at me for the last time. Then he went back to his seat.

“Stop joking around, Miyeon-ssi. You’re annoying as hell.” I sharply said and then sat on my seat. I took out my textbook and and opened whatever the page is.

“If I’m annoying to you, Shuhua-yah, then for me you’re stupid as hell.” She muttered. I glared at her. “What the hell did you just say?”

“Nothing. But actually, I was thinking of a new challenge. In regards on what happened on the last challenge yesterday, maybe this one will replace it. So, here’s the challenge: whoever gets the highest score on the exams these week will, you know, instantly win the challenge.”

I rolled my eyes. “Of course you’ll undoubtedly win this challenge, dummy.”

“Not if I help you do the reviews.” She said, looking at me with a bit of hope in her eyes. I creased the top of my nose bridge. Is this another aegyo she’s trying to pull off? “And bonus, you can also win the challenge if you get half of the exam score. Then maybe we’ll both win. Sounds good?” She added.

“Are you joking or what?” I muttered. The latter just shook her head.

“Nope.” She replied, popping the p. “Now, do you want to accept the offer? It’s only free.”

I laughed. “HAHAHA! As if I would accept something from you. Go. I don’t need your help. I’m going to be fine.”

Miyeon looked at me in disbelief, but she respected my choice. “Okay then. But don’t go wee wee on me when you get a low damn score. It’s not going to be my fault anyways.”

“I’m sure. I’m not that stupid either aside from that.”

“Well, let’s see if you really aren’t.”

This girl is really getting on my nerves. If she wins then she wins! I don’t care if I lose to her. All I need is to get a half score, then I’ll be more happy than nothing.

 

 

“Yah, Yuqi-ah!” I waved at my best friend from outside of her classroom. Those damn classmates of her are looking at me again. Is this their first time to see someone from Class E? It’s like they’ve encountered a monster or something.

And as always, Yuqi ignored them and went to me. “Hey Shuhua-yah! How’s it going with Miyeon-ssi?”

“Well… she proposed a new challenge. And that challenge is related for the upcoming exams. And it’s tomorrow, right?”

Yuqi looked at me like she’ve seen a ghost. “YOU’RE GOING TO DEFEAT HER ON THIS NEW CHALLENGE?! THAT’S DAMN IMPOSSIBLE, BRO!”

“Hey hey! Don’t just think like that. Just because she’s a freaking genius, doesn’t mean I can’t defeat her. She changed the rules, see? She said I’ll still gonna win if I get just half of the exam scores. And usually, most of my exam scores are lower than that, so please...HELP ME REVIEW!”

Yuqi held her chin, and thought a for a second. “Hmmm… are you really sure you’re gonna do this?”

I answered seriously. “Yes.”

“Well then, let’s start from your lowest subject: Math.” 

Oh .

I stared at her incredulously and we went to study at the library.

 

 

Upon going to the library, Yuqi told me to bring some basic Math books, and I saw that some of the students outside recognized me.

“Hey! Is that a Class E student? What’s she doing here and why is she holding so much books?”

“Maybe they’re trying to prove that they’re better than us after getting the exam scores. Hell no!”

“In my opinion, she smells like rotten fish.”

Opinion my . I can hear you from here, you douchebags!

Heading straight in the huge library, we went to search some quiet place, because the main desks are so loud I can tell they’re talking about Miyeon studying here.

Wait, Miyeon IS studying here? What the hell is she a stalker?

“Y-Yuqi, I think we should just study outside on the school grounds–“

“There! That place looks comfy.” Yuqi said and pointed to a wooden table with two chairs facing each other. It also has some lamp overhead and a big window behind the furniture. Yuqi went on the right chair and I went on the left.

I admit that it feels super comfortable, but what is bugging me most is that the freaking It girl is sitting behind Yuqi facing at me. She really looks like a stalker right now.

“Okay, so, since you’re really stupid at Math, Shuhua-yah, you need to learn the basic operations first, and then we’re gonna dig deeper on the hardest operations afterwards. Okay?”

I nodded in response. Then I picked some of the books I’ve carried and we started reviewing.

In the middle of her teaching, I admit that Yuqi is really smart, and just from her teachings, I totally understand them in just a few minutes. I really think that she deserves to be on the class A. No doubt, she’ll defeat almost all the students there just by using her intelligent mind.

Now, Yuqi gave me some word problems to solve and said that she’s going to the bathroom. And now the only thing I’m going to be bothered with is that It girl staring at me for almost 5 minutes just after the hour-long teaching session.

I looked at my paper, trying not to be distracted by that girl’s stares and peeks at me. What the hell is her problem?

After minutes of answering some of the problems, I looked up and shouted at her.

“Yah, Miyeon-ssi! Why are you staring at me?”

“The girl just shrugged and pretended not to know as always. “Hmm… It’s just that you’re cute while studying.” Then she gave me that aegyo look that I hate the most.

“I’m not cute, for your info. Now, go back into your own business and stop distracting me. I’m studying super hard here.”

Miyeon just smiled smugly. Ugh. “Oh, okay. Then I gotta go now, since I’ve been distracting you. Well then, good luck for the exams!”

Then she sto

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter