[2] The Girl That Has Many Secrets

S.P.A.R.K.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

•••

 

The challenge starts now.

 

After the second period, it’s already break time, so I rushed all the way to Class C to see Yuqi since the challenge is going to begin and my rival is fortunately my seatmate. MY seatmate.

“Yuqi! Yuqi! Hey!” I called out from the window. Some of her classmates looked at me, but I ignored all their stares and whispers.

“Hey! Is that a student from Class E?”

“I think that girl is a delinquent. It all shows just from her appearance and the way she talks.”

“I think that class of hers is the lowest of all classes, am I right?”

“I hate people like them. They’re all trashes.”

Yuqi stood up, shouting to my defense. “DON’T TALK TO HER LIKE THAT! SHE’S NOT WHAT YOU THINK SHE IS! YOU ALL ARE OUT OF YOUR MINDS!”

She breathed heavily after that and went to me.

Everyone looked at her, and I gave Yuqi my biggest smile. We started walking to the cafeteria.

“You don’t have to do that.” I said. She shook her head.

“If I didn’t do that, they’ll talk like that to you again. And that cannot be tolerated. “She said. She has a point, though.

“But still, don’t waste your voice talking to them just to defend me. Let them think what they think of me. We don’t own their lives. After all, most people are judgmental.”

Yuqi just nodded, and then in the middle of the hallway, people are screaming and cheering again and I know why.

The worshiped It girl is back.

“Oh my god! She’s so pretty!”

“I know right? It’s like she’s straight out of a manga or anime!”

“Angelic hair, beautiful ears, pointy nose, ethereal eyes, and soft lips. IT’S ALL PERFECTION!”

“Now I know why they call her the school’s It girl, she’s not only beautiful, but also talented as freak!”

Hearing those compliments out, I feel like vomiting in front of these people. Yuqi smacked me on the arm, it seems that she knows what I’m planning.

But hearing those other students’ opinions, I’m lowkey disappointed, but not surprised either.

“I think that girl just wants to be famous. She thinks she’s so high and above everyone else.”

“I heard that she’s dating Soojin from the dance troupe! But that’s okay. They actually look good together.”

“For real, but I think she’s overrated too much. The school principal and almost all teachers mention her name as if she’d done a great impact in the Academy.”

“That girl is a to be honest. She almost made the class B’s male students her boyfriends and slaves. What a .”

Ignoring the mean comments, I rolled my eyes and turned to Yuqi. “Hey Yuqi. Thanks for defending me earlier. Knowing how much the It girl’s been receiving hate comments since she became popular, I don’t know how she cope about it.”

Yuqi just smiled. “Don’t worry about it. Besides, you’ll also defend that girl one day.”

I snorted. “I won’t do that! She’s my rival, and honestly, she deserves those hate comments anyway. Having multiple boyfriends and then began snatching your crush in an instant? How rude.”

“Just how much do you love that girl, Shuhua-yah?” She smirked. Why is she like this today?

“All of my heart! And soul! Is that even a question?”

“What I’m trying to say is, will your love for Soojin-unnie last longer? Just like you said, you only have a crush on her, and crushes mostly fade away after some time. Do you think you’ll still be loyal to her after all these years?”

I rolled my eyes. “Of course, Yuqi! It’s not like she’ll find someone new anyway. It’s not bad to wait, right? But I get what you’re trying to say.”

We stopped at the front of the cafeteria, and DOZENS of students are waiting on the queues. And the worst part is, all of the freaking seats are taken.

“What the hell is this line?!” Yuqi exclaimed. I shrugged.

“Where will we eat now? The seats are all taken.” I complained.

Then I felt something touching my shoulder. Oh .

“Hi, Shuhua! What are you doing here?” The It girl asked. I rolled my eyes.

“You? What the hell are you also doing here?” I asked. Yuqi widened her eyes.

“H-how did you two know each other?” She looked at the both of us, looking very puzzled.

“I’m sorry, but I forgot to tell you that I’m… seatmates with this woman.” I pointed at Miyeon. The latter just nodded.

“Yes. I’m seatmates with her.” She said as if it’s the most obvious thing in the world. But her tone seems pretty cold. Unlike when she talked to me earlier, she seems friendly. But right now, she's cold as ice rock.

That’s why I shouldn’t trust people like this woman.

“H-how? You’re from Class A, right? When did you become classmates with her?”

“The teacher appointed her as our new “President” for our class and that she’ll teach and help us get high grades for the next quarter. Does that sound wonderful to you?” I answered with a sarcastic tone.

“Y-yeah. I think.” She shortly said. Then she went to whisper to me. “Are you really sure you’re going to fight her? I mean she looks so fierce and reserved!”

I whispered back. “I’m serious! Just trust me!” Then I turned to face the It girl who’s been left out with our conversation. “I’m sorry for making you wait, this girl here is quite afraid of you.”

Miyeon raised a brow. “I-is that even a probem?”

I shook my head. “No. Now let’s go because I’m so hungr-“

“Hey, Miyeon!” A girl voice called out. I saw Miyeon brighten up her face and looked at the source of the voice.

“Hey Soojin!” Hearing that name makes me happy and hurt at the same time. Get yourself together, Shuhua.

And there they go again. Hugging each other and giving each other greetings like I am not looking at them. I turned the other way to calm down my nerves. But they didn’t.

My beloved crush and my annoying rival are in their own world again.

Yuqi gave me a nudge and dragged me out of the two. “Let’s just go somewhere where we can buy drinks without you getting hurt right in the spot. In addition, I still have some extra chips here.” She pointed on her brown bag and I just nodded. Yuqi is such a savior.

We went outside the school, and found some vending machine lying near the school grounds.

“Do you have some extra coins?” Yuqi asked. I shook my head. “Then how are we going to get these bottles off?” She snapped.

“Leave it to me.” A short haired girl butted in. She’s a bit shorter than us, and has this mysterious aura around her. She must be student here too.

“Who are you?” I asked. This girl is probably older than us, so I kept my voice polite and calm.

I elbowed, Yuqi, who seems pretty nervous. “Seems like she’s one your types, huh?”

“Yes.” She whispered. “Now don’t tell my classmates about this!”

“Okay!” I smirked. Yuqi is lowkey into bad girls these days.

And this girl seems like a bad girl, for me.

“Ahem, ahem. My name’s Jeon Soyeon, at your service.” She bowed to the both of us. Then she began sliding some coins into the coin slot. The orange and lemon soda cans begin sliding to the open compartment at the bottom. Soyeon gently picked them up and tossed it to us.

She seems kind. Yuqi will definitely be friends with her.

“W-well, thank you Soyeon.” Yuqi slowly said, and Soyeon just nodded. “A-are you from here too?”

“Nope.” Soyeon said, sliding another coin into the machine. “I’m just a helper of Cho Miyeon, the girl everyone thought wrote the hymns of this freaking school’s graduation. She’s just the one who SINGS it, not wrote nor composed it. You’re a total idiot if you believe she wrote and composed it all by herself.”

I looked at Yuqi, and she just sheepishly laughed. I rolled my eyes. Soyeon grasped and snapped her apple soda can open, and drank a bit of it like a madman. She cleansed her glassy lips before speaking.

“Oh, and if you’re wondering, I’m currently studying at K/DA Academy, which was Miyeon’s former school. She transferred here when she was a freshman in high school, and I don’t hella know why.”

Yuqi creased the between of her eyebrows. “Why don’t you know?”

Soyeon just shrugged. “That girl has many secrets. Who knows what else is inside the mind of that woman.” She added, sipping again on the

I just nodded, and then the school bell suddenly rang.

“Well, Soyeon-ssi. When can we see you again?” I asked. The older girl just smiled.

“I’m only free at Tuesdays and Thursdays. My mom never lets me visit every week, so Miyeon always invites me. Or rather, you can visit the K/DA Academy. It’s just 5 miles from here.”

Yuqi nodded. She’ll most likely visit her. “C-can we exchange our numbers?!”

Soyeon and I widened our eyes in surprise. She totally sounds like a schoolgirl asking her sunbae out. And that is just cute.

“O-oh. Okay then.” Soyeon held out her phone, and so does Yuqi. They exchanged their numbers in no time.

After exchanging, Yuqi gave Soyeon her biggest “thank you” smile. It was so contagious that me and Soyeon did the same thing.

“See ya, Soyeon-ssi! Take care!” I waved, and Yuqi also. Soyeon smiled for the last time, and turned around to leave. Yuqi and I went on the other way.

“She’s so kind. I wish we could pay her back once we bump into her again.” Yuqi de

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter