[5] The First Turning Point

S.P.A.R.K.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

•••

 

“YUQI!!!”

I shouted. That night of doing a RANDOM movie marathon still gives me the creeps.

But what truly gives me the creeps is that MIYEON LYING TO ME.

MIYEON LYING TO ME IN THE FIRST PLACE.

“SHE ACTUALLY LIKES SOOJIN!!!” I said making a dogeza* on the floor.

Yuqi came back from her room and stretched her arms. She then looked at me in weary. “I think that girl is just joking.”

“NO, SHE ISN’T! SHE JUST SAID THAT SHE DON’T LIKE SOOJIN AND LIKE SOMEONE ELSE, BUT THEN AFTER THAT SHE ACTUALLY LIED! I CAN’T BELIEVE HER!”

“Just forget that woman. She’ll get over her sometime.”

“GET OVER? SHE’LL DEFINITELY WON’T GET OVER HER, THAT ! AND WITH HER MORE CHANCES OF WINNING SOOJIN-UNNIE, I CAN’T WIN NOW!”

I went to the kitchen to search for the refrigerator. “Is there a beer here? I need to cool off.”

Finding nothing, I just took out the coke I stole from Miyeon in my bag and went to sit on the couch.

“How can I win over her, Yuqi?”

In response, the older girl just scoffed. “You know what Shuhua? The reason that you always lose to that woman is that you always get fooled by her. Maybe you should outsmart her for a bit. That girl is really intelligent, so, you need to think for the things on how to actually get her fooled.”

“And how am I gonna do that?” I looked at her in disbelief.

“For starters, you must pass the exam. And when you actually passed the exam, then that will be your starting point to get her fooled. But don’t get greedy. The point of winning over her is to get Soojin-unnie, not doing something else.”

“What do you mean ‘something else’?”

Yuqi just raised her shoulders. “Nothing. I just thought that when you won over her, something really weird, if not bad, will happen. And I don’t want that to happen.”

I stared at her for a few seconds. Something weird or bad will happen? Why is that?

“All this thinking is getting me headaches. And oh, are the exams still ongoing?”

“No. It’s going to be moved next week. You’ll still have time to review.”

For the first time of my life, I’ve been satisfied by hearing a damn unexpected news.

“I’M LOVING THIS! PREPARE TO BE PERISHED, MIYEON-SSI! HAHAHAHAHA!!!”

“Yah, yah. Stop, stop. Your fake laughs are disturbing our beloved neighbors.” The older girl scolded.

I smirked sheepishly. “I’m sorry.”

 

 

While admiring the heavy rain on the window, me and Yuqi took some time to drink tea and study more for the exams.

“By the way, Yuqi, I met your crush yesterday.” I began, flipping a page on my book.

Yuqi nearly choked on her tea, and it literally spilled.

“W-why?” She asked, her cheeks flustered from embarrassment.

“She toured me to get to the It girl’s house. And it’s pretty huge, actually.”

“How huge?”

“It’s like a middle-sized mansion for me. Big driveway, fountain and everything.”

“You should’ve taken pictures!”

“I didn’t go there to observe, Yuqi. I went there to study, not pretend to be like a guest visiting a damn museum with a genius tour guide living there like a freak.”

She snorted. “Well, that’s some quite a sentence. It’s true, though.”

“Anyway, Minnie is her name.”

Yuqi choked again on her tea. “T-that’s cute.”

“And… I forgot to remember her surname. But that’s it.”

“Did you get her number?” The elder girl begged. I looked at her incredulously.

“Hell no! That girl also pisses me off. She just said Soojin a cocky . And I don’t think I’ll like her as much as I can.”

“Really? She just said that?”

“Yep.”

“But she’s pretty, so…”

“Yeah, I know what you mean. I know that you still like pretty girls even though they’re freaking s.”

“I’m sorry.”

“No, no. It’s okay. Just be kind to them even though they hurt you. Girls like that shouldn’t be tolerable. Like that It girl. She still gets on my nerves. LIKING SOOJIN ALL OF A SUDDEN?! HA! MAYBE SHE PULLED THAT AGAIN SO SHE CAN STILL FIGHT ME! She knows she’s screwed, that’s why she did that, right?”

“Or maybe… it isn’t that way.” Yuqi said, contradicting what I just said.

“What? Are you telling me weird sentences again? Okay, tell me, Yuqi. You’re having weird conversations and shenanigans with that girl, right?”

Instead of looking guilty, she looked at me with a confused expression. “What shenanigans?”

“Are you serious? Miyeon told me you’re having secret convos with her. And I don’t freaking know what is it. So tell me!”

“Wait, wait. First of all, I’m not having weird conversations with her. People will start rumors of me dating her in secret which is absolute bull. And second, why the hell will I start a conversation with her in the first place? She’s pretty, but she’s not my type. And besides, you and me have a strong disliking to her, right?”

Wait, if she haven’t had conversations with her, then why the hell did she pushed me inside the classroom with Miyeon waiting in there?

“B-but… why did you even pushed me inside the classroom?! I should’ve been studied with you in the first place!”

“It’s just a gut feeling of mine, Shuhua-yah.” She simply replied. “I really thought that I wouldn’t suit the way I teach you so I let you be with Miyeon. I’m sure she can teach you more impressive and amazing than I am. She’s a genius, after all.”

“Hey, hey, hey! Just because she’s intelligent and all that, that doesn’t make you any less amazing than that woman! Don’t compare yourself to her!”

Just then, my phone on the table vibrated.

Pressing the power button, some annoying number called me.

“How the hell did you find my number?” I asked. The girl on the other line chuckled.

“Minnie mouse gave me your number. She hasn’t forgotten you ever since you visited here.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter