Chapter Two

Then She Came
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                                                                                                        

 

Chapter Two 

 

 

[6;30 am]

 

 

 

The sound of an alarm peered through the room, sending Jennie into shock. The girl groaned and just about gathered the energy to reach to the bedside and pick up her phone and almost throw it aggressively to the wall just to stop the annoying sound that matched the beat of her pounding headache.

“... what time did I get in last night?” she mumbled to herself, before turning off the alarm and throwing her body back down on the queen sized bed.

Her head was pounding alongside with a slight feeling of nausea.

Who in the right mind thinks that it is ok to drink on a school night? She could only scold herself and let her eyes rest for another ten minutes to try and ease her head a bit.

 

 

-

 

 

Park Chaeyoung was a quiet girl. She always tended to mind her own business and let people do what they do. This big move to Korea was something so big and so nerve wracking to a girl like herself that to the upcoming weeks right before her trip she’d almost backed out on the golden opportunity.

She’d be alone in the big wide world.

For her whole 18 years of existence, she’d never gone so far without her parents or sister right by her side.

What did the real world have to offer…? It was a scary thought.

Reality would always have to catch up with you one day. That’s what Park Chaeyoung thought. Even if she was close to throwing her one way flight ticket in the trash can… the instant feel of regret would dwell on her so much that she’d spiral into an eternal state of regret and denial. Her one golden chance to accomplish her dreams was right before her eyes - she wanted to make her family proud.

One year of studying and graduating from highschool in one of Korea’s most prestigious schools couldn’t be the worst thing in the world, right?

She would simply stay out of trouble and get her head down.

Music was her passion.

Chaeyoung felt a massive connection with herself and music. As much of a passion it was, she also found a form of escapism with the outerworld when she’d write new melodies and notes with her guitar or piano.

It was therapeutic.

Her whole reasoning for moving over to Korea was to accomplish her dream. Accomplish her passion. It was a challenge in itself - but she was determined to make it through.

The moment she would board that one way flight to Seoul International Airport… It was like the brand new fresh chapter to her life. Who knows what obstacles she’d come across through her new venture, but one thing she knew that was to be avoided at all costs was to not let anything get in the way of accomplishing her heart's desire.

Which was to study well and succeed.

Once the ride would be over… she’d be returning to a place in her dream university, a proud family and potentially her childhood crush. What could be better?

Chaeyoung had a big crush on her close friend Jeon Jungkook since they were just children.

“Let’s not date for now… you’re flying out to Korea for a year.”

“I will wait for you to return, Rosie.”

“Do your best~!”

It replayed on her mind the whole flight over.

She will succeed in this new venture of life. The world was gradually opening up for her and Roseanne Park was not going to let anything stop her from achieving her dreams.

“Ok Chaeyoung…” she clenched her fists with adrenaline running through her veins.

“Let's do this~!”

Just as she left her apartment complex, she noticed the rain to start to pour down. There was no way in the world that she’d want her brand new blue and yellow uniform to be dampened on her first day of all days in the world. Luckily for her, right in the side pocket of her backpack there was the umbrella which was given to her by that random stranger who bumped into her in the street.

It was such a sudden moment, a complete stranger knocks you over and then saves you from getting soaked with the rain by just throwing a brand new umbrella in your face and just leaving.

She didn’t really think much about it besides how fate played on her side.

If it wasn’t for that girl she’d probably have caught a cold by now.

One day - she’d want to return the favour to this random brown haired girl who wore an expensive dress. She looked like she was about to go to some high class event.

“ROSANNE PARK!” a voice came from behind.

Rose turned around instantly to find Kang Seulgi stood there with the brightest smile. “Is that really you…? Or maybe this is a dream…”

Seulgi looked the same as she did years ago, her long dark brown hair tied up into a ponytail and that eye smile that could cure nations. “Seulgi…!” she called out before hurrying over to her long time friend. “I didn’t know you attended this place.”

Luckily for them both, the rain stopped. “Yah,” Seulgi lightly punched the chipmunk’s shoulder. “You didn’t even tell me you’d be here so quickly…!”

“I know… and I am sorry.” Rose apologised. “It was hectic. I was doubting if to actually come and I kept putting the status of the whole trip on a standstill. Then I arrived in Korea and had no chance to text anyone! It was totally insane.”

“... at least was it a surprise?” she grinned, causing the bear to smack her shoulder once more.

Seulgi could only chuckle. “Well you know now that once you’re in Korea, I will look out for you!” 

“I am your unnie for a reason!”

The two girls walked into the academy gates and Rose was completely astonished. This didn’t look like any of the schools which she attended back in Australia… This place looked like some high class business building. There was even a large water fountain as they walked into the gates, with plenty of students standing around enjoying their time before class took over.

Rose looked around in complete awe. Her jaw was hanging open as her eyes peered on the large building that lied right before her. “This… looks bigger than it looks on images…” she dazed.

“This is not even half of the building,” Seulgi exclaimed, “There are actually another two campuses around the back.”

The two walked into the main entrance. Just by stepping foot inside, Rose felt the energy that was bouncing off from every single aspect of this place. Students stood around in each corridor all chatting with big smiles on their faces.

Seulgi seemed to be well known throughout the locker corridor, with plenty of students letting on to her. Rose walked besides her nervously, passing small smiles to those who gave her a friendly wave as the two made their way through the long rectangular room.

“I’d show you around properly but class starts in…” Seulgi looked at the apple watch on her wrist, “Two minutes.”

“The Academy office is right to the top of the locker room, you can’t miss it. Once you go there they will give you all the stuff you need for your first day. Try not to mingle in too much during your first

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter