Chapter Four

Then She Came
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

                                                                            

 

 

 

Chapter Four

 

 

The world was such a peculiar place. It wasn’t one persistent thing going on in anyone’s lives. As the planet turned to each living second they’d always be something that dramatically changed somebody’s life. It was a fifty/fifty chance of it being for the best or the complete worst. Jennie knew her life was practically planned out for her and that she’d never had to worry about her successful career getting damaged.

She is one of Korea’s biggest and most well-known heiresses of the decade. She was engaged at the age of 18 and due to inherit everything once she turned the respectable age of twenty-one.

It was like an endless timer ticking away.

One thing that she couldn’t help but wonder… was if her life would go off from the tracks?

Could any acts of fate change the pathway of her life that was destined to her since birth?

Jennie was intelligent. She’d hate to admit she was. The girl could get supreme grades and land herself in the top five of the class with her remarkable scores which almost look impossible to hit considering she’d never touch a textbook to study.

Her mother always taught her to do what her heart desired. To never listen to others and their negativity. Her life and heart were her own, and she should never go against what it tells her.

Jennie’s mother was most probably the most remarkable figure in her life.

Even if she didn’t have the heart's desire to face what life had ahead for her - she just wanted to make her proud.

Jennie hasn’t seen her mother in five years now.

One day she’d woken up from a deep slumber and walked down the grand staircase of their mansion to find her mother by the door with a large suitcase in her hand. Jennie still remembers the look of deep sadness within her eyes and how hard she was for the woman to act strong in front of her daughter.

“Eomma has to leave for a bit,” she bent down to her daughter. “You make sure to be good for Appa ok, Jennie-ah?” she wiped her tears from her eyes before giving the young girl a large hug.

Jennie was too young to understand what was going on.

To this very day, she still has no understanding of what happened.

Right after the hug; the woman was escorted out of their large mansion by the security guards and taken away in one of their fancy cars.

Ever since then questions lied to her father.

“Appa… where did Mom go…?”

“Do you know…?”

“Eomma looked sad when she left…”

As she was younger, she was just filled with confusion.

When you grow older - you grow more understanding of the surroundings that you once never had.

It was something that caused Jennie to be the way she was now.

 

-

 

 

It was a Thursday night and the supermodel was relaxing on her queen-sized bed after an exhausting day. She’d just got back from a session in the gym with Jisoo and Irene. It was their new resolution for the senior year… try and keep fit. Jennie was used to consistently keeping active regardless, so it was no problem for her.

The school was getting on her nerves but it was overall going decently. Taeyong had finally opened up his studio on the third building on the campus which was opened to all of the royalties of the academy. It was their little getaway from the stress of class and everything else.

Not to mention how it was the perfect place to relax before class or even somehow do your homework.

Which Jennie barely did, to begin with.

She’d been too preoccupied with anything else to continue giving some trouble to the famous Park Chaeyoung.

Yet when she’d be in class, she’d end up watching the girls every move… or somehow observing her from afar.

By the time Jennie would go to her locker to pick up her books or gym clothes, she’d have always missed Chaeyoung by just a second.

It was somehow frustrating.

She never knew why she’d be so fixated on a person before. Maybe she just wanted to be friends with her… but she wasn’t exactly sure. It was a new kind of ‘need’ that she’d never really had before with any other student in the building.

Maybe it was because she knew her fame and where she stood on the social ladder. Everyone bowed down to Kim Jennie like she was genuine royalty. Nobody would intentionally cross her lines.

Park Chaeyoung just wasn’t phased what so ever.

… it could just be anger that somebody below her dared to act in such a way?

Sitting on her phone and scrolling through social media was something she’d always do to pass the time.

The sudden thought of Chaeyoung came to her mind and curiosity took over.

She must have social media…

“Park Chaeyoung.” she grinned into the phone screen; typing the name in on the search button.

Nope. Nothing.

Chaeyoung Park?

Chaeg Park?

ParkChae?

Jennie tried every single combination with her name but failed to find anything. She was disappointed.

“How the hell can you not have any social media?” she sighed and flung her phone towards the bottom of the bed before letting her head relax against the memory foam cushion. Jen didn’t want to admit it but she somehow wanted to get to know her a bit more.

Park Chaeyoung was fascinating. Jennie just felt like there was so much she’d need to know about this mysterious human.

Maybe if she had an Instagram Jennie could secretly scroll through it and gain some sort of idea of what her life was like before moving to Korea, or what caused her to move over. The thought of her face then was pictured in her mind.

What kind of photos would she take…?

She had long blonde hair and a pale skin tone, and a really good body frame. Park Chaeyoung could be a model.

Her cheeks instantly flushed up at the thought of her modeling on Instagram, trying out brand new hairstyles that Jennie hadn't seen her in before. Her thoughts also ventured to her outfits. When they saw each other that one night a couple of weeks back, she had this beige jumper on with black skinny jeans with a pair of timberlands. She looked cozy in that outfit. What else would she wear?

Burying her face in her hands the conflicted girl bit her lip. She didn’t know why she was so curious. But it was another girl - so it wasn’t exactly deemed as creepy as if she was doing to a boy.

Besides; she and Jisoo would always pick out different kinds of outfits for the students at their academy. It was normal.

The curiosity of the people around you was normal.

So Jennie thought it was okay to secretly wonder.

“Kuma - yah,” she called out to her pomeranian who was lying down in his large doggy bed. “Do you think it is okay to be curious about someone?” she asked.

Kuma tilted his head and barked excitedly, with his tongue hanging out of his mouth. Jennie could only smile and get up from the bed and pick up her beloved dog. “Maybe one day she will somehow stop being so cold to me…!” she pouted at him, before giving him a cute kiss on the top of his fur.

This was the soft side to Kim Jennie that not many people would get the chance to see. “I don’t know about you but I am knocked out.” she let out a loud yawn. “Goodnight Kuma.” she the black-furred dog once more before turning the lights off in her large bedroom and getting into the soft and warm bed sheets.

 

-

 


 

Rose had been adapting to the Korean school system for a couple of weeks now. She didn’t expect how good she’d settle in. It was like Australia but just everything was so much more exquisite and grand. It felt like she was living in one big Korean drama, but everything was just reality. She’d have visited Korea many times in the past with her family, but when you’re living there as a resident... It is so much better.

She’d spend endless nights on the phone to her friends back in Australia, telling them about everything that was going on and how much she missed them.

Not to mention how much she missed her family. Yet the most she could do was make t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter