Chapter One

Then She Came
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

                                                                                                        

 

 

Chapter One

 

                                                                                                    

Jennie was lucky to have everything given to her.

There is a thing when they say those are just naturally born gifted. Jennie was born into that category. She had an extremely rich family, a gigantic house and beauty which radiated so much that she'd always catch the eyes of those around her.

By the age of 18... she'd have the world at her own fingertips.

She was engaged to Kim Jongin - who totally wasn't the hottest guy in the whole school.

It wasn't something that the girl initially signed herself up for, but whilst time passed... she gradually warmed up to the idea of being engaged to someone who was as handsome as himself.

Being engaged to Jongin also helped keep her reputation up at school.

They were the hottest couple even in other schools.

That was how much a person like Kim Jennie was praised up to.

Sometimes she'd wonder how her life would be in the shoes of someone else. Somebody a bit more... unfortunate than herself.

How can people even live like that?

It was a bizarre thought.

Yet - she found herself mocking those who were somewhat below her.

Every single time her mood would be ty or she'd need a punching bag to take out her stress, she'd always somehow find some sort of relief by making people feel smaller than her.

Jennie knew she was the queen of the place.

She RULED that building.

No matter how much she'd take out her anger on those around her by her sly antics... nobody would dare say anything back to her.

Jennie was royalty.

Everyone around her was below.

"Jen, what are you doing tonight?" her best friend, Jisoo asked. "There's this insane party happening at Oh Sehun's place in the centre of Seoul. His parents have just given the keys to his own condo."

Jennie listened, keeping her attention fixated on her phone. During class, it was always the only thing she could do to pass time. Especially when the professor was babbling on about stuff she either already knew, or didn't really care about.

"Jen?" she asked again, tilting her head.

Sighing and putting her phone down, the diva looked up. "What did you say again?"

"Oh Sehun is throwing the party of the century...!" she said with excitement, hands on her cheeks. "I wonder if Chanyeol will be there?! I need to pick the hottest dress up after class."

Jisoo was boy crazy.

They have been close friends since forever. Every time Jisoo would get fixated on another boy, Jennie became the middleman for them both.

It was a weird thought.

Jisoo would go out of her way to grab a boys attention; always worrying over her makeup, hair or outfit. She'd send her best friend tonnes of photos on LINE just to find her approval of which dress to wear... or what tone of lipstick went the best with her looks. Jisoo was beautiful anyway. 

Meanwhile Jennie would never even have to try. She could have any boy at her fingertips just by clicking her fingers.

She always wondered what it'd be like to seek someone's attention and having to put the effort in at the same time... it was kind of unfamiliar to her.

"I have a photoshoot tonight," the brown hair girl picked up her phone again, looking at the lock screen. "What time is it starting?"

"8PM."

Jennie bit her lip; should she go? The school year had just started and they have finally made it to senior year. Not to mention how it was a Wednesday night...

No matter what class the two were in, the back seat would always be theirs. It should have 'property of Jennie Kim' written on it as nobody else would dare sit down on such seats. Unless you were a part of the popular boys and wanted to come over for a bit of a flirt.

"Oh my god, here is Chanyeol...!" Jisoo's eyes beamed up like a kid in a candy store. "D-do I look ok?" she asked, causing Jennie to roll her eyes.

"Of course you do."

The group of handsome boys took their seats on the row of desks in front of them, passing the two girls a wink.

Kai sat in the chair which was right in front of Jennie's desk, giving her a passionate grin. "Hey," he smiled. "How is the first week of seniors going?"

Sometimes Jennie would look at Kai and be amazed at how somehow one day she will be his wife. It was purely a business move for their parents but either how, the two were grateful to get along with one another. "It's as usual."

"I can't wait to leave school," she signed, leaning back. "What about you, Jongin-ah~?"

"Same old same old. Are you going to the party tonight?" 

Jisoo put her arm on Jennie's shoulder, "she said she has a photo-shoot tonight. How lame." she said sarcastically. "What happened to Jennie Kim who would not turn down a party?"

"What time is your shoot?" Kai asked his fiancee.

"I think around 6. Should be finishing at 8ish."

"I have to attend a business meeting with my dad until then anyway. Why don't I pick you up?"

Kai was always so thoughtful when it came to Jennie. They haven't even been engaged for a while yet, and he still shows her the same affection for them if they were actually together but not for simple terms of business. It made the tanned girl feel warm inside... and she was happy with him.

Maybe for once, she could genuinely settle down with someone?

Besides, Kai was also rich. His family owned branches of luxurious hotels around Korea. He was due to inherit them once it got passed down to him.

He would look handsome, with his hair gelled back in that suit... sat at his desk.

She never really had a fascination for boys in the first place - but that thought made her cheeks brighten up a bit. "That will be great." she smiled brightly.

"I'm in." she turned to Jisoo, "Tell everyone to prepare..."

"Jennie Kim is going to the first party of senior year. It better be worth it." she grinned.

 Closing her locker with a sigh of relief, Jennie put her Louis Vuitton backpack on her back, making sure her hair looked alright before putting her phone back in her blazer pocket. When she came to notice it... the locker next to her didn't have a name tag to it.

Pretty unusual considering she'd always have a locker buddy next to her to mock.

It was always the highlight of her day.

Making her tracks down the hallway, she felt someone bump into her.

"S-Sorry...!" the girl instantly apologised. "I-I didn't mean..."

"Cut it." she sighed. "You're lucky my mood isn't bad." Jennie passed the brown haired girl a glare before continuing to walk down the empty corridor.

Her words were sharp and definitely harsh.

That was just how Jennie Kim was. 

 

-

 

Modelling was like a hobby for Jennie, besides the fact that companies would make millions from the beauty of her face.

She mostly modelled for Chanel, but she'd model for other brands such as Gucci, Adidas, and Louis Vuitton.

She was well aware of her beauty, and she'd make sure everyone was aware of it.

That's why it would be a normal occurrence seeing herself on the billboar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter