Chapter 1 : First Encounter

Seventeen wonderLand

Chapter 1 : First Encounter

 

You opened both doors widely. You moved all your old winter clothes there. You were looking through the wardrobe, sliding the clothes to make sure nothing was inside. Then you notice a small door under all the hanged clothes. You didn’t noticed it because you didn’t even bother to look down. It’s a small door that can fit people’s body.

“But… wait” you said and looked behind the wardrobe. It isn’t even connected to the wall. Of course because it wasn’t yours to begin with. A lot of people connects a small door in the closet, but this surely… not making any sense.

You looked back at the door, and twist the doorknob slowly. You felt a breeze running through your hair. It was dark. You searched for a flashlight in the store room and went back to the door. You crawled inside while holding your flashlight. At first, the texture of the floor felt like wood but now it felt like ground texture. You crawled, until you saw a light. You followed the light and crawled out. You straightened yourself and saw you were from a small cave under a tree. You looked around, there was a bunch of trees.

 

“I think I’m in a jungle…” you said. You heard a sound of a river. There was path there. That means people walk here often. You just followed the path and there was a signboard “To First Land”

“First Land?” you said.

“Who are you?” you heard a voice behind you. You turn around and was greeted by a black fringe hair, two mono lid eyes, skin is as white as a rice. Not very tall, very well dressed like a prince, and one hand in his pocket.

“Are you supposed to be a prince?” you asked

“Supposed to? I am a prince. I am Prince Jihoon.” He said. “And you are not from here.” He said

“Uh…um… how do you know I’m not from here?” you asked nervously.

“You don’t wear clothes like carats” he said.

 

Carats? What’s that? Is it his people? I gotta find an excuse.

“Um…. I… washed my clothes. Yeah. So I just wear this one.” You said because you were wearing your pink bathrobe. Underneath your bathrobe is sleeveless white tank top and blue shorts.

“You look like…” he scanned you from head to toe. “You look inappropriate.” He said while giving you a disgust expression.

What do you expect, I just woke up to get some breakfast.

“Come. I’ll bring you to someone that can give you an appropriate clothes.” He said

“Hey…” you said.

“Hey? Am I your friend? You are really not from here.” He said while looking at you.

“Excuse me, Prince Jihoon. Where are we going?” you asked.

“We are going to Teen Land” he said

“Teen Land? Isn’t this First Land?” you asked

“This is First Land. This is the first district. Come walk near me, or you’ll get lost.” He said

You walked beside Prince Jihoon but at the same time you were making sure your bathrobe won’t fall off.

“First Land is where all the first come.” He said while he smile

 

There was a big gate wrote “First Land”. The gate open itself and both of you entered First Land. All the people are wearing the color of rose quartz and serenity clothes. Boys are wearing serenity color suits while the girls wore rose quartz dress.

“Do they wear their clothes like this everyday?” you asked.

“Of course not, they have different styles. If you could see all of them are very different.” He said.

“I got to admit the colors are really pretty.” You said

 

There was a statue in the middle of town. “What is that?” you asked

“Oh! It’s Bong Bong. Our Land’s mascot.” He said

“What is Bong Bong to begin with?” you asked.

“You are really not from here. Should I tell the king to put you in dungeon?” he asked

“What… Dungeon? You’re kidding.” You said.

“Do I look like I’m kidding” he made a straight face.

“Rather than putting me into your dungeon. Why don’t you tell me what is the exact meaning of First Land?” you smiled nervously.

He looked at you seriously. “Okay. Well, first land is like I told you everything is like a first time here. Example, you experience First Love or First time cooking every first that you can think of.” He said

“Oh…. What about first. Um….” You looked at Prince Jihoon

“You know…. When a couple got married and um…” you looked at Prince Jihoon who had a very clueless expression.

“Nothing.” You said and smile.

Both of you were walking through the First Land.

“Oh my! Prince Jihoon!” said a carat

“Prince Jihoon! We love you” said a carat

 

Prince Jihoon waved at them while they gave a path for Prince Jihoon to walk.

“Wait… Who is that?” asked a carat pointing at you

Oh god help

“This is the king’s new servant. Please welcome it” he said

“It?... I’m it. Not ‘her’? Servant?” you said slowly to Prince Jihoon who is smiling to the crowd

 

After Prince Jihoon and you passed through the crowd of Carats, you stopped at a gate called “Teen Land”.

“Hey Prince Jihoon. Can’t you move faster?” you asked

“Did my carats hurt you? What is with that attitude? I think you’re broken or something” he said looking at you closely facing each other.

You pushed him back slowly.

“You called me a servant. Am I going to be a servant??” you asked

“No. I wanted to say something else but looking at you made me think of a servant. Sorry” he said while he smile

“Huh. Are you having fun?” you asked sarcastically.

“Haha… Come on lighten up a bit.” He said smiling

 

The gate to Teen Land opened. You were looking around the town while walking beside Prince Jihoon.

“Hey.” He called.

“What?” you looked at Prince Jihoon

“You might have to hold this.” He said while he asked you to hold the handkerchief in his hand.

“Why?” you asked.

“You were looking around and might not notice where I went. Here, you hold that side and I hold this side.” Said Prince Jihoon.

While you were looking around, you noticed you’re walking in a small flower pathway. You looked in front and saw a castle.

“Whoa… A castle…” you said. How big is my closet? You thought

“Give back my handkerchief.” He pulled it and put inside his pocket.

He opens the castle’s door. You walked behind him and the inside of the castle is really pretty. The walls are the mix color of serenity and rose quartz while the furniture’s are antique but very stylish. You could accept that the inside of the castle are really stylish.

“You wait here, I’ll go call someone.” He said

“Oh! Woozi~” said a guy with a very sharp nose back hugging Prince Jihoon.

“This is Prince Dokyeom.” He said with a straight face.

“Oh… who are you? You’re not from here.” He said and looked at you closely.

You smiled nervously.

“What are you doing here?” said a guy who had a very perfect proportional face

“Oh~ Prince Woozi” said a guy who is very stylish than any other prince in the room.

“This.” Prince Jihoon pointed you. “Needs your help” he added

 

The very stylish guy went towards you. “Hello. I am Prince The8.” He said.

“And I am Prince Mingyu” said the perfect proportional guy.

“You have a very odd sense of fashion.” Said Prince The8.

“I am guessing you’re not from here” said Prince Mingyu.

“Anyway, let her wear something more pleasant. I can’t be seen walking with her dressing like that.” Said Prince Jihoon.

“Huh… Excuse me I am here. Can’t you talk behind my back?” you said sarcastically.

“Oh! I forgot.” He said smiling

“Well! You come to the right place~ Follow us” said Prince The8

They bring you to the 2nd floor. “Welcome to The8 world of fashion” said Prince The8 as he opens the door.

The boys and the girls section are divided. It’s like a big boutique and all of the clothes and dresses looks really nice and new.

“Whoa…” You said looking around the room. “Wait… you’re a guy. Why do have dresses here?” you asked.

“You are really not from here.” Said Prince Dokyeom.

“Prince The8 is Seventeen Land’s famous fashion designer. While Prince Mingyu is known as the famous tailor in Seventeen’s Land.” Said Prince Dokyeom while introducing both prince dramatically.

“Thank you Prince Dokyeom” said Prince The8 clapping slowly. Prince Mingyu had a proud expression on his face.

“Okay. Let us do the job.” Said Prince Mingyu and Prince The8 while Prince Dokyeom and Prince Jihoon sat at a nearby couch as a judge.

 

You were trying a lot of dresses and clothes that you never wore before in front of the 4 prince judging you while you walking down the aisle from the fitting room. They are trying to find a style that will make you feel comfortable. And finally after multiple times of changing, Prince The8 found a very suitable dress for you. It was a rose quartz dress with a mixture of gold. It was really comfortable. As you walk down the aisle, all the prince locked their eyes on you. Prince Jihoon who was about to fall asleep suddenly open his eyes widely and Prince Dokyeom sitting beside Prince Jihoon smiled widely.

 

“Wow~ you look amazing!” said Prince Dokyeom clapping loudly but slowly.

“I promise, it’s just the dress.” You said.

“It looks good on you” said Prince The8

“Finally a proper dress” said Prince Mingyu.

“What do you think Prince Jihoon?” asked Prince Dokyeom

Prince Jihoon just nodded as if he is not interested at all and he came towards you.

“Are we done? So it’s better for you to go back from where you came from” he said.

 

That’s pretty harsh. You thought

“Hey… Prince Jihoon. She just came here. Why don’t you give a detour around this amazing land.” Said Prince Dokyeom.

“Yeah~ just loosen up a bit. We don’t get a lot of visitor’s anyway.” Said Prince The8

“Visitors? Do outside people come here before?” you asked.

“Used to. But not anymore. Sometimes they came and play together with us.” Said Prince Mingyu.

“Yeah. But unfortunately those days are past. Let’s get going” said Prince Jihoon to you coldly.

“Thank you Prince The8, Prince Mingyu and Prince Dokyeom” you said

“You’re welcome~ If you want some more clothes just come to TeenLand~” said Prince The8

 

 

“Where are we going?” you asked Prince Jihoon

“We’re going to meet the King.” He said

“Now?” you asked

“No. Tomorrow. It’s getting dark.” He said

“Wait… It’s almost night time? I got to go back” you said

“The time here is different than your world.” Said Prince Jihoon

“You’ve been there before?” you asked

“Someone told me.” He said and looked at you.

“it’s night time in here but in your world, it’s still daytime. The time move faster here while your world remains slow.” He said

“Where is everybody?” you asked as the town is empty.

“Oh~ it’s time for dinner and stargazing. People here won’t go out at night time because the king loves stargazing. So the people here tend to follow the king.” He said.

“Are we allowed to be outside?” you asked

“Of course. You can go out or not it’s up to you. But carats here chose to listen to the king. That’s why the King love carats so much” said Prince Jihoon.

“So where are we sleeping tonight?” you asked.

“We have to sleep at First Land.” He said

“So we’re going to walk back there?” you asked and Prince Jihoon nodded.

“But…. I’m… a bit tired.” You said looking down at your feet.

 

Suddenly Prince Jihoon kneeled in front of you with his back facing your face.

“Come on. You won’t be heavy since I’m much taller than you.” He said

“Is that an insult?” you asked

“You should be grateful towards me.” He said

“I didn’t ask you to do it” You said

“Fine then wal-“before he finishes his sentence you quickly get behind his back.

 

Prince Jihoon slowly standing up while you were holding his shoulders.

“See… you’re not that heavy.” Said Prince Jihoon.

“Oh yeah… I forgot. What’s your name?” he asked

“(Your name)” you said

“Oh… Of course there are others that have the same name as you right in your world?” he asked

“Yeah… why?” you asked.

“Nah… Your name is familiar.” He said

“Do carats have name?” you asked

“That is the dumbest question I’ve ever heard. Of course they have names, it’s just we couldn’t memorize all the names so we came up with a name that we could remember.” he said.

“Well… That’s not fun. Like won’t they be mad or something. Because you guys don’t remember their names?” you asked.

“We did asked them. But they said they are fine with it as long as we remember” said Prince Jihoon

“So you guys like have this romantic relationship going on?” you asked.

“Yeah~ you could say that.” He said. You saw him smiling although you just see the back of the head but you could see his cheeks goes up when he smiles.

“What if you fall in love with one of the carats?” you asked.

“It’s possible. But we just couldn’t find the right one yet. Maybe in the future.” He said.

 

While Prince Jihoon is walking you looked at the sky filled with stars and also have a unique mixture of colors.

“No wonder the king likes to stargaze. It’s really beautiful at night” you said

“Wait… why do we have to sleep at First Land? Why don’t we sleep at your Land?” you asked.

“We don’t have extra room. Only First Land have an extra room because I would come here often.” Said Prince Jihoon

“Oh. Why?” you asked.

“It’s much more spacious and less noisy.” He said

“Ok we’re here.” He said and you went down from Prince Jihoon.

It was also looks like the same castle in Teen Land but different colors and interior design. Prince Jihoon opened the door and led you to a room upstairs.

“Where are the prince’s?” you asked.

“They’re all getting ready for bed. I think. I’ll tell them you’re going to sleep here.” Said Prince Jihoon

“Is it okay? Should I meet them?” you asked.

“Do you want to?” he asked

“Sure. Plus it’ll be less awkward.” You said.

 

Prince Jihoon and you walked to a room called game room since Prince Jihoon said they weren’t in their rooms. He opens the door and all of them were focused with their games. It was dark so Prince Jihoon opened the lights with a clap. All eyes are at both of you.

“Prince Jihoon~ what are you doing here?” asked a prince who looked a bit mix of Korean and American

“We were in the middle of winning.” Said a prince who looks kind of friendly

“Prince Jihoon who’s that?” asked a Prince who had a very young look kind of saying I’m the last one.

“This is (Your name). She’s going to meet the King tomorrow so let her sleep here.” Said Prince Jihoon

“Oh! Hello (Your name). I’d say you look really beautiful. I am Prince Seungkwan” he said

“I am Prince Hansol.” Said Prince Hansol who’s standing beside Prince Seungkwan

“I’m Prince Dino. Nice to meet you” said Prince Dino while one hand inside his pocket.

“Nice to meet you. I’m sorry for barging in” you said.

“It’s okay~. We rarely have guests now. Feel free” said Prince Dino while he smile.

“But where should I sleep?” you asked.

“Since Prince Jihoon bring you, so you guys should sleep together” said Prince Seungkwan

“What? That… That… We can’t” you said while looking down.

“Do you hate me that much? Seriously what’s on your mind? Come on” Said Prince Jihoon

“Enjoy your sleep” said Prince Hansol

 

You followed behind Prince Jihoon to his room. He opens the door and you saw two King size bed at the right and the left of the room.

“It’s not like we’re going to sleep on the same bed. You and your mind” said Prince Jihoon as he enters the room.

“You should get change first because there’s only 1 bathroom in this room. I should ask them to do one more bathroom. Oh here.” Said Prince Jihoon giving you a pair of pajamas.

“Are these yours?” you asked.

“Yeah. It’s a bit big but it’ll be comfortable. Don’t need to worry about insomnia.” Said Prince Jihoon

 

You’ve changed into the pajamas and saw Jihoon was already asleep without changing. You fixed his position and cover Prince Jihoon with his blanket. You closed the lights and lied down. ‘After I met the King, I have to go back’ you thought.