Chapter 38:

Believe Me

We arrived at the heart of Seoul before it reaches 11am. I asked Kyuhyun if we could watch a movie to start our date. He agreed, and we proceeded at the ticket booth. I let him choose the movie, and he chose Titanic. I don’t have any arguments with that. That movie never failed me, so I’m happy Kyuhyun chose it too. We bought popcorns and waited for 10 minutes for the movie to start.

 

20 minutes passed and I was laughing at how Kyuhuyn enjoys eating every piece of popcorn.

 

“Hey! You didn’t even leave some for me!” I whined. He looked at the popcorn container and chuckled when he realized that he really did eat a lot of it.

 

“I’m going to buy you again.” He said and stood up immediately.

“No.” I hold his hand, preventing him to move farther. “I’m not that hungry anyway.”

“Are you sure?” He asked.

“Yes of course. Now sit.” I said. I looked around us, and mouthed ‘Sorry’ to people who witnessed our conversation.

“Why are you saying sorry to them?” Kyuhyun questioned.

“Because mister, you blocked their view when you stood up! Idiot!” I said as I fixed my eyes to the big screen.

He slid down on his chair, half sitting, half lying. I didn’t mind him because I was so much into the movie.

 

The movie was nearing to an end when I noticed that Kyuhyun fell asleep. I nudged his shoulder to wake him up. “Kyu…. Kyu… are you okay? Are you not feeling well?” I whispered.

 

He opened his eyes, and rubbed them. “I’m sorry.” He said.

“No need to say sorry. Aren’t you feeling well?” I asked, concerned.

“Maybe this is because of the medicine I took in the morning. But I guess I’m still fine.” He said as he roamed his eyes, checking if the movie ended already.

“I’ve been asleep for the whole movie. I’m sorry.” He said at me. I can see that he was really sorry.

“Wook, I’m sorry..” he continued saying sorry until I stopped him.

“Kyu, I said there’s nothing to be sorry for. I’m just worried that you’re not feeling well.”

“No no. I’m fine. Trust me.” He said as he massaged his temple.

“Does it hurt?” I said as I held his hand massaging his temple.

“A bit.” He answered, so I removed his hand, and I started massaging his temple. I can feel that he relaxed when I did that. After 5 minutes or less of massaging his temple, he spoke up, “I think we should go now.” He stood up fast and he almost fell.
 

I stood up immediately to give him support. I held him tight, afraid that both of us will fall. We exited the cinema already, and proceeded to the chairs nearby. “We have to go back to the dorm now. You aren’t well.” I said. But he refused. He told me that no matter what, we will continue our date.

 

“Hyunnie, if this means you hurting more, I wouldn’t agree. We’d better go home now so you can rest.” He bowed his head, pain still lingers in his face.

 

“Don’t think of our date anymore okay? We still can do lots of things when we’re on the dorm.” I wanted him to realize that it would be such a burden for both of us if we continue this date. It would just make him tired.

 

“NO! We are going to enjoy this day!” to my surprise, he shouted.

“Kyu! You’re not well!!” I held him tight on his arm, wanting to sound like I’m the one who is on control.

“I said no. We’re not going back. We have to enjoy this day. My illness will never be a hinder for us to be happy. I said to myself that I’m going to be strong. For you. For us. I want to spend this day wisely with you. So please, let’s not go back. I don’t want to ruin the plan. I’m sick, but I know how to fight… especially now that you are with me.” He said crying. I can see the pain that was surrounding him. I know this is so hard for him. He doesn’t feel well.

 

My heart sank at the sight of a helpless Kyuhyun beside me. I want to make him happy, yet I don’t know how. I wanted to continue this date, but I can’t take seeing him get tired. I was a lost when he stood up carefully, pulling my hand.

 

“Let’s visit the park. Take a walk there and enjoy the place.” He said. His right hand was holding mine, while his left hand was wiping the tears that came dry as seconds passed.

 

I felt so weak knowing that I can’t do anything.

 

“This is not the Wookie that I know.” He said. “You should smile! I’m not going to die! Atleast not today…” When he said the word die, I stopped walking.

 

“I NEVER WANT TO HEAR THAT STUPID WORD AGAIN!” I shouted at him. Everytime I hear that word, I wanted to just run to the sea and kill myself!

 

okay.... i dont know what's happening to me to write this crap ;;;;;;;;;;;;; im not confident anymore with my writing skills..... sorry guys... hope this chapter doesnt disappoint you as much as it disappoints me TT__________TT