Chapter 26:

Believe Me

 

Morning came, and Hyungsik was a bit disappointed because it was raining.
 
“Aish~ I was planning to bring you to my favorite place, but how can I if this is the weather.” Hyungsik sat at the sofa as he hugged the pillow.
 
Ryeowook, who is sipping a hot chocolate laughed at the sight of a mad Hyungsik. “Let’s just wait for the rain to stop. We still have lots of time, and we can do something interesting inside this house. We can bake cookies, or play indoor games.”
 
“Let’s play Truth or Dare” Hyungsik said happily as he changed position, from sitting on the sofa to sitting on the floor. 
 
“That would be fun, but wouldn’t it be boring if it’s only the two of us?” Ryeowook questioned.
“Hyung, I think it would be a nice way for us to know more about each other.” Hyungsik answered wittily.
 
They talked about the rules of the game, and they agreed that they will determine the person’s turn by playing paper-scissor-stone.
 
It was Hyungsik’s turn first.
 
“Is it Truth or Dare?” Ryeowook asked.
“Truth.” Hyungsik answered.
Ryeowook thought for a second, and questioned Hyungsik “Before me… I mean, before you ever meet me, is there someone else who owns your heart?” 
Hyungsik smiled at the question, “I am expecting a question like that, but I didn’t expect that it would be as bold as that hyung. Before you… I have had crushes but didn’t get the chance to confess my feelings.” 
 
Ryeowook: stone; Hyungsik: scissor. Ryeowook won, so it’s Hyungsik’s turn again.
 
“Truth or Dare?” Ryeowook asked.
“Truth.”
“Have you had a crush on your group? If yes, then who?” Ryeowook raised his eyebrow to show that he’s so curious about it.
Hyungsik looked shocked, “Can I change it to Dare? Your question is pretty much personal”
“So what if it’s personal? I have the right to know.” Ryeowook said.
“I….. Actually, I like Kevin hyung.” Hyungsik answered.
“Oh.” 
“But hyung.. that was before. Of course now, I don’t have a feeling for him anymore. How can I choose him over you? You’re my one and only.”
Ryeowook chuckled, “I wasn’t mad and I’m not asking for an explanation. Why are you so defensive anyway?” 
“Just in case you need an explanation, and to emphasize that I love only you now.” Hyungsik answered as he positioned his hand for a paper-scissor-stone.
 
Hyungsik got paper, and Ryeowook got stone. Hyungsik won, so it’s Ryeowook’s turn this time.
 
“Hyung… Truth or Dare?” Hyungsik questioned happily.
“It’s funny how you’re all hyped up. It’s a Truth.” 
“Have you had any relationship with your members?” 
“This…. Is quite personal too, but I trust you enough to tell you the truth. Honestly, yes. I’ve been in a relationship with Yesung hyung. We’ve been together for almost a year and a half, but things don’t go the way we wanted it. It’s too hard, so we agreed to stay as friends.”
Hyungsik didn’t answer, instead he looked so upset.
“Hey, are you okay?” Ryeowook asked.
“I…. uhm yes. I’m okay.” Hyungsik answered.
“I see. Someone’s being jealous again huh?” Ryeowook teased, but Hyungsik already positioned his hand again for a paper-scissor-stone, and Ryeowook just laughed.
 
This time, Ryeowook won. 
 
“Truth or Dare?” he questioned.
“Dare.” Hyungsik answered with full confidence.
“You love me right?” Ryeowook asked, and Hyungsik nodded.
“Can you do anything just to prove to me that you really love me?” Ryeowook asked again, and Hyungsik nodded for the second time.
“Then…. Tell the world that you love me.” Ryeowook challenged.
Hyungsik stood up and whined, “Hyung that’s impossible today. If you want, you can wait for our concert, and I will announce it to the audience.”
“But.. I want you to do that now.” Ryeowook said firmly, “but fine, if you don’t want, then it’s okay.” Ryeowook, looking a bit upset, went to the kitchen to get some drinks.
 
Hyungsik saw the sudden change in Ryeowook’s mood, so he removed his jacket, and opened the window. He then opened the door, and went outside. The heavy raindrops continue to fall, and he felt so cold already. He went at the middle of their garden and positioned himself near the fountain.
“Kim Ryeowook…” he started. “Ryeowook hyung!!!”
Ryeowook heard the noise, and started to look where the noise was coming. He went out from the kitchen and shouted, “Hyungsik?”
“RYEOWOOK HYUNG! I’M HERE.” Hyungsik waved his hands, trying to catch Ryeowook’s attention. Ryeowook saw the movement, and went close to the window. There he saw Hyungsik standing at the middle of the rain. “Ya!! What do you think are you doing?” Ryeowook shouted.
“RYEOWOOKIE HYUNG!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!” Hyungsik shouted.
“Ya!! Bastard!!! What are you doing?”
 
Hyungsik kneeled, “Hyung.. you asked me to tell the world that I love you. I’m doing it now. The endless raindrops, the blossoming flowers, the resting birds, the insects, the wind, the lonely clouds, the busy trees – they are all witnesses to my love for you hyung.”
 
Ryeowook removed his shoes, picked up a towel and started running towards Hyungsik. “I was just joking, you bastard! You might get sick!” Ryeowook wrapped the towel around Hyungsik, and they started walking towards the door. Before they reach the door, the wind blew so hard, so the towel around the Hyungsik fell. Ryeowook picked it up, and motioned Hyungsik to enter the house already. 
 
When they are already inside, Ryeowook scolded Hyungsik. “I was just joking when I said that. Why did you still do it? What if you get sick? What if something happened to you?” Hyungsik didn’t answer, instead he hugged Ryeowook “I just want to prove to you that I am serious with my feelings for you.”