Epilogue

Coming Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In this final chapter 2Jae talk more about their relationship and their future together. They also do some more bonding and I included more fluff and romance since that's what I promised in the tags for this story.

Again i'd like to say my deep and sincere thanks to everyone who is always here to support my 2jae stories. to those just seeing my stories, big thanks to you too. It's because of your support that i continue writing.
take great care everyone<3

******************

 

Around 7:30am, Youngjae and Jaebeom head out to take a walk together around the neighbourhood. Apart from a few moments when either one of them starts a conversation, they just enjoy the cool fresh morning air in companionable silence with their hands clasped together and dangling between them.

“I want a cup of coffee.” Youngjae announces. Do you want coffee, hyung?”

Jaebeom peers at Youngjae. “That sounds nice.”

“There is a coffee house near here.”

“How near is near?” Jaebeom asks dubiously

“Near.” Youngjae furtively repeats, fuelling Jaebeom’s suspicion.

“If we walk that much longer my legs might fall off.”

“See why I tell you to exercise more?”

“Alright, alright no scolding. Let’s go get that coffee.” Jaebeom concedes, sliding his hand out of Youngjae’s to lift his arm and wrap it around Youngjae’s shoulders.

With a victorious smile on his face, Youngjae snakes his arm around Jaebeom’s waist.

*******

They are holding hands again while drinking their coffee and walking back to Youngjae’s place. These are the times when Youngjae is especially happy about the fact that Jaebeom is left handed- they can hold hands like this without anyone feeling inconvenienced by using the wrong hand to do something else. Youngjae especially loves it when they visit the arcade.

“My free time feel a little bland these days, especially on weekends. I’m thinking of getting a dog.” Youngjae says, looking up at Jaebeom.

“Are you serious?” Jaebeom smiles, fascinated by the idea of having pets around

“Yeah. I remember you telling me about your plan to adopt 5 cats at once. Is that still a thing?” There is mischief in Youngjae’s tone of voice and the huge smile on his face, as if he is just dying to hear what Jaebeom’s take is on that ridiculous plan nowadays.

Jaebeom’s smile is just a bit sheepish now. “Maybe one at a time. Perhaps two on the first go.” 

“If you want all 5 at once, go ahead. I won’t judge. After all I’m the one dating a guy who wants to adopt 5 cats at once.”

“I feel like I should be offended by that.”

“I love you.” Youngjae quickly says to divert Jaebeom’s attention before he looks too much into what Youngjae just said.

Jaebeom looks at Youngjae like he knows exactly what he’s doing but lets it happen anyway. “I love you too.”

********

Back at Youngjae’s place, Jaebeom gets plunged into helping Youngjae organise his closet and plan his outfits for the work week, after which they head to the kitchen to plan their food for the week and make today’s breakfast as well. It’s all disgustingly domestic and Jaebeom loves every second of it.

They look up a recipe together and settle for some specific pork and chicken recipes because Youngjae doesn’t have that many ingredients for a fancy dish. They agree upon going back to the supermarket later to buy more much needed ingredients.

The process of actually cooking the food goes unbelievably smoothly. They can both cook, but they’ve never cooked together before today and Jaebeom is now wondering why they took so long to do this together. They are teasing each other, taking short pauses to make out, laughing, sharing ideas and cooking experiences, talking about their memories about food they ate at home when they were kids. It’s great.

After they’ve made enough food, Jaebeom suggests they get started with their late breakfast before they end up getting too tired to make it.

Youngjae suggests they make a baked omelette and Jaebeom goes with it.

Once they successfully prepare and get the omelette in the oven, they take a break entirely from the cooking and lose themselves in each other. Jaebeom has Youngjae perched on the counter and is standing between his legs, kissing him passionately.

Luckily Youngjae hasn’t lost all sense, so he can smell the aroma from the oven wafting around them and he frown, pushing Jaebeom away gently.

“I think our omelette is burning.” Youngjae mumbles against Jaebeom’s lips.

“Huh?” Jaebeom leans back to look up at Youngjae with a confused frown on his face. Youngjae wants to laugh at how cross he looks about the interruption.

“If we go on like this we’ll have no breakfast to eat.”

Jaebeom sighs morosely, dropping his head on a giggling Youngjae’s shoulder. Youngjae takes Jaebeom’s face in the palms of his hands and tips it up to meet his gaze. “We’ll continue this later. I promise.” He presses a tender kiss against Jaebeom’s lips. “But for now the eggs are really burning.”

“Right.” Jaebeom snaps his fingers and laughingly rushes to go check on the omelette.

Youngjae jumps off the counter and goes to peer at the food from over Jaebeom’s shoulder, sliding his arms around Jaebeom’s waist. “What’s the situation?”

“We saved it just in time.” Jaebeom confirms. “Let’s eat. I’m starving.”

********

They eat their breakfast in the living area while watching the morning news and complaining about how depressing it is. Instead of changing the channel, Jaebeom tells Youngjae about a book he has been reading recently. According to Youngjae, it’s some boring thing about European history. To be exact, it’s about Germany in the time of Otto Von Bismarck. He can never understand how Jaebeom enjoys reading things like that. Still, Youngjae listens attentively, hums in the right places and even asks some questions, because he has missed just talking to Jaebeom like this.

This is still way better than watching the news.

Youngjae tells Jaebeom a little about the TV series he’s following recently and it turns out that Jaebeom is also watching some of them as well, so they end up trading commentary. Even long after their plates have emptied, they are still talking about whatever comes to mind and laughing together. It’s all far from perfect and it’s not quite like the old times but they are getting there. they will get there with a step at a time.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter