Two

Coming Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaebeom wakes up to a text from his closest friend, Jinyoung. Jaebeom and Jinyoung met anout 8 years ago when they both joined their current record label in hopes of making their singing and acting dreams come true. While Jaebeom got comfortable doing music, Jinyoung decided to pursue both music and acting, a choice they now both agree was very wise since Jinyoung is doing great.

As best friends for so many years now, there is no aspect of Jaebeom’s life that Jinyoung doesn’t know about and vice versa. That means Jinyoung knows everything about Jaebeom’s relationship with Youngjae. In fact Jinyougn has met Youngjae a few times either when Youngjae visited them in Seoul or during the few times Jaebeom invited Jinyoung to Daegu to visit Youngjae.

Jinyoung is the one who told Jaebeom to get over himself and come here to see Youngjae and apologise in person for unceremoniously dumping him.

Jaebeom takes a moment to reorient himself with the room and the house after the initial confusion when he opened his eyes a few seconds ago.  Once the fog clears, he turns on his back and opens Jinyoung’s text.

Jinyoung: have you arrived in Daegu?

Jaebeom starts typing a quick reply.

Jaebeom: I’m at Youngjae’s house

Jinyoung: good. How is he?

Jaebeom: shocked.

Jinyoung: that’s normal. At least he didn’t throw you out. Did he?

Jaebeom: no. I just took a nap in his spare room

Jinyoung: how nice. He is a keeper. Don’t things up again. He isn’t too mad at you is he?

Jaebeom: honestly I expected a punch in a face but it’s yet to come. Jae is being so cool about everything. I think that’s worse for me.

Jinyoung: Hang in there. You are in the right place. Your life is a bigger mess without Youngjae in it.

Jaebeom: that’s mean but I agree. I won’t leave until I’ve fixed things here.

Jinyoung: That’s good. I’d like to get to a point where I can apologise to Youngjae in person. After you cut him off, he called me countless times and each time I pretended not to know what was going on with you.

Jaebeom: again I’m sorry for putting you in that position.

Jinyoung: all water under the bridge. Keep me posted on what happens over there.

Jaebeom: sure thing.

*******

Jaebeom washes his face and brushes his teeth in the bathroom and then changes his clothes into a more comfortable pair of black sweat pants and a white sweater. Once he has deemed his appearance as presentable according to the small mirror in the bathroom, he steps out of the bedroom and finds Youngjae folding some laundry in the living area.

Youngjae looks up and his breath catches in his throat at how unexpectedly magnificent Jaebeom looks walking towards him in a simple yet compelling outfit.

Youngjae has always appreciated the way Jaebeom’s broad shoulders sit well in fitting sweaters, giving him a kind of comfortable and warm yet also y allure. One of the things Youngjae has always loved so much about Jaebeom is his effortless appeal.

As if he has noticed what he is doing to Youngjae, Jaebeom goes to make things worse by running his fingers through his neck-long locks of hair to push them back from his hairline.

“Hi.” Youngjae finally manages, just barely catching himself.

Jaebeom tentatively settles on the couch next to Youngjae. “Hi.” He offers a small smile, a beautiful smile that always lifts Youngjae’s heart rate.

Youngjae feels a fresh wave of bitterness that he lost such a great guy without having a say in it all. Jaebeom is no longer his. He can only admire from afar and it .

Jaebeom isn’t exactly an expert in deciphering people’s moods but he is certain Youngjae just went from hot to cold in the short space of time since Jaebeom walked into the living room. He supposes the reaction isn’t all that strange considering how strange this whole situation is.

Determined to handle everything as smoothly as possible, Jaebeom gestures at the clothes in the basket by Youngjae’s feet on the carpeted floor. “Can I help?”

No. that’s too ing domestic and my heart can’t handle it, Youngjae wants to say but he figures that will only make things weirder. “Sure.” He says instead and Jaebeom appears to let out a relieved breath. Youngjae is stunned that even this tiny request has Jaebeom so on edge.

Jaebeom gets to work on the clothes. “Did you sleep well?” Youngjae asks

“I did thanks.”

“It’s almost lunch. Let’s go and have something nice to eat.”

“What do you have in mind?”

“I’ll eat anything. I should be asking you what you can eat since you are eon a diet and all.”

“While I’m here, can we please put aside the fact that I’m a celebrity? I’d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter