Case 1

Mr Detective
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Listen, it's not my responsibility to do extra follow-up for you guys every time." Oh Sehun was impatient; he deeply doubted the ability of the so-called elite from the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the renowned FBI.

"I know, but it took so long and so many efforts for our agents to catch him finally, I can't stand seeing him slips away from our fingers just because we don't have enough evidence to propose an arrest warrant to the district court." answered by officer Kim Jongin, the head of the Special Agent Team. The tanned guy looked so anxious as he led the paler detective to shuttle inside the enormous building.

"How long has the guy been taken into custody?" Oh Sehun asked while following Kim Jongin effortlessly by his long legs as he was used to everything he was doing.

"Forty-five hours, only three more hours left before we have to release him. The bastard still didn't say anything apart from requesting to see his lawyer constantly." The tanned officer answered and gestured Sehun to come inside his department. His pupil identification opened the department door.

Oh Sehun didn't say anything and just followed Jongin inside.

"Officer Kim, Detective Oh." People in the department greeted them. Kim Jongin led the pale detective straightly to the interrogation room. "Please." he opened the door for Sehun to go inside.

The room was dark inside the soundproof room, with just the faint light from the table lamp as the only light source. The suspect was sitting on the chair, facing two officers, with a wooden desk separated them.

Instead of showing discomfort and uneasiness, the suspect's calm expression was reflected by the one-way mirror. At the moment, it made Kim Jongin the one who had more anxiety than the suspect.

"7 o'clock." is the first sentence by the detective after he came into the interrogation room. His eyes were as sharp as a vulture, watching his prey struggling.

There was a noticeable sway in the suspect's eyes, but they quickly returned to normal in the next second. He smiled at everyone inside the room, "Never thought you guys invited the famous Detective Oh for me, I feel so honored!"

His frivolous attitude had irritated the tanned officer, who was glaring at the suspect from the moment he went inside the room, "Don't talk nonsense to me, are you the murderer?"

"I have nothing to say. My lawyer will answer all of your questions later." The boy was still in an indifferent attitude, repeating the same sentence over and over during these 45 hours of custody.

"Just because you think so highly of yourself as the son of the Senator, it doesn't mean we can't do anything on you!" Kim Jongin punched the wooden table while gritting his teeth.

The pale detective pulled the angry officer away from the boy and warned him to calm down with a look, "2 hours and 55 minutes left."

"Those precious five minutes have been wasted by you." He remarked.

"I'm sorry." Feeling embarrassed, the furious officer looked away before walking to the back of the room, signaling the detective to continue his work.

Other people inside the room were awed by the scene, that even the most supreme figure in the department was deterred by Detective Oh.

Detective Oh Sehun, a legendary existence. The youngest graduates from the University of Oxford of holding eight Ph.D. in total. Not only does he excels at criminology, but he also masters both criminal profiling in the psychological aspect and the science of deduction. Currently a private detective, he shot to fame by solving the case of the National Park Bombing, which remained unsolved by the police force for more than five years. The FBI always wants to solicit this genius, and whatever tempting offers they provide, those cannot impress the man simply because a) he doesn't want to be controlled by anyone, and b) he is worried about the intelligence quotient of the people in the FBI.

The genius detective signaled one of the officers to get up from his seat before taking his place, so he was now facing directly to the suspect. His brows furrowed slightly because his long legs couldn't adapt to the short chair for a moment. He gave himself a reminder mindfully that to tell Kim Jongin to change the chairs while staring at the suspect emotionlessly at the same time.

His gaze gave the suspect a feeling of discomfort and a sense of exposure for the first time after the 45 hours of custody.

"How's your father, Mr. Park?" The detective asked casually.

The man was obviously stunned by the unexpected question. His unfocus orbs showed his perplexity. Wondering what tricks the detective was playing, he answered anyway, "Fine, thanks for asking."

"Good." The detective nods before he pulled the chair closer to the suspect, "You know, I admire your father. I hope he knows all the things you've done for him as you're a good son, Mr. Park Chanyeol."

Park Chanyeol's eyes shown a sense of danger before they turned to be fake merriment, acting like a child who got appreciation, "Thank you!"

Kim Jongin, on the side, was confused; Park Chanyeol was notorious for rebelling his father all the time. What made Oh Sehun carried such a statement?

The only answer was, Oh Sehun was testing him for his natural reaction.

"Your coat is wrinkled."

"I'm sorry, what?" Park Chanyeol was absolutely confused by Oh Sehun's question, that the detective who was facing him didn't play cards according to common sense.

"Your coat combines the light aroma of the fabric softener and the smell of not drying probably. Only two reasons can explain this. One, you've soaked yourself under the rain, and two, the coat has just been taken out from a washer. You were caught by the FBI two days ago, and on that day, it was a sunny day, so reason one is invalid, and clearly, the answer is reason two." Oh Sehun explained naturally like it was the basic fact on Earth. 

Not waiting for Park

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter