One Shot: The Letter

Hey.. I Miss You..
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   

   Seohyun blew her long bangs in relief. She stretched her neck and shoulders left and right repeatedly. She was cleaning and tidying their spare room, where they stored unused stuff. Well, most of the stuff belonged to her boyfriend.

   Yonghwa had a tendency to hoard such as magazines, CDs, and especially things that were memorable to him. He kept their couple items, countless polaroid pictures with friends and families, and photobooks. She had persuaded him to recycle some of the items, but he defended them as his treasured collections. He even installed a built-in storage cabinet in the room for his ‘collections’.

   His reason for keeping them? He wanted to show these ‘collections’ to their children and grandchildren.

   Silly, silly boyfriend.

  She didn't mind he kept these stuff, but storing them neatly was totally a different matter. She was raised as a highly organized person, so she just couldn't understand her boyfriend’s definition of being neat and organized.

   “Oppa, why don’t you store them neatly, at least sort them in small boxes. They are piling up and taking more space.”

   “It is still the same. Everything is stored in this cabinet right? Why do I need to spend more time arranging the stuff? Just close the cabinet’s door and you won’t see them anymore.”

   “Aniya..it is so messy here oppa. And it's going to be difficult when you want to search for something or clean the dust.”

   “Just lightly dusting them here and there. We don’t use this cabinet so often, so we don't have to clean it frequently.”

   When their argument was going nowhere, he dragged her out of the room, distracting her by whining he missed her cooking, and he was craving for his favourite pasta.

   But today would be a different story, she had declared a war to the accumulating dust in the cabinet, and she was going to win the war without distraction from her boyfriend. Yonghwa was away in Tokyo for 3 days for his album promotion, and he was coming home today.

  His flight arrival time was at 8pm, and she was organizing his stuff in the cabinet since 4.30 pm. She was almost done, feeling satisfied seeing his ‘collections’ now neatly stored and properly labelled in small boxes.

   While she was rearranging his photobooks, a few letters fell down from one of the photobooks. Slowly she opened one of the letters, briefly scanning content of the letter.

   Suddenly she felt so emotional. These were letters that he wrote to her, after they broke up. But the letters were never sent to her. She only found out about these letters when they were moving their stuff to their new house.

   “I missed you so much while we were dating, and I missed you more when we broke up sarang-ah. When I was writing these letters to you, I felt like I was holding you, talking to you, even though you were not my girlfriend anymore.”

   That was her boyfriend's explanation that had sent her sobbing throughout the night. Yonghwa held her close when she was reading the letters, occasionally he handed her tissues and calmed her down when her cry was getting louder.

   She gently trailed her fingers on Yonghwa’s handwriting on the frail paper. Almost without realizing it, tears coursing down her cheeks.

   Oppa.. I miss you.. Please come home soon.

   She took a deep breath and wiped away her tears. Somehow she wanted to relive the memory again. She grabbed the letters, taking them out from the cabinet. She wanted to read them again after she finished her chores.

   One more task to go; cooking. She planned to cook cottage cheese alfredo for Yonghwa. She gasped when looking at the time displayed at her phone screen.

   “Argh..silly Joohyun! It’s almost 7pm, and you haven't started cooking yet,” she scolded herself. She closed the cabinet, clutched the letters tightly, and walked to the kitchen.

-----------------------------------------------------------

   Seohyun felt so refreshed after taking a bath. She randomly hummed a love song, while blowing dry her hair. Then she styled her hair with soft curls that Yonghwa loved so much. She sprayed perfume and put on light makeup.

   She smiled to her reflection in the mirror, her face was glowing with excitement. All the chores were done, the food was ready, the house was neat and tidy, and now she only needed her boyfriend to come home.

   Suddenly her phone beeped, a notification for a text message. She tapped her phone to read the message. It was from the man who owned her heart.

   Sarang-ah. Oppa has arrived in Seoul. I miss you so much. Do you need anything? I can buy them on the way home.

   Seohyun smiled again. Her oppa was really caring. She was lucky to have him in her life.

   Oppa.. I miss you more! Ah, since you are asking, I only need a handsome, hardworking and cool namja. Please bring him home if you find him. I need him in my arms. Keke.

   She chuckled while sending her message. She could imagine Yonghwa’s cheek bursting smile when he was reading her message. After a few seconds, her phone beeped again.

   Arasseo. You have a good taste, Seo Joo Hyun-shi. Luckily I already found him. Handsome, hardworking, and cool namja like you want. Don’t ever let him go. Because he loves you so much. Keke.

   Seohyun laughed at the message. Her boyfriend always had a good sense of humor. Her fingers tapped her reply.

   Palli come home oppa. I have cooked a special dish for you. Saranghae.

   Her phone beeped again seconds later.

   Already in the van with Bruce Hyung. The traffic seems quite bad, it might take some time to reach home. Wait for me. Saranghae.

   Seohyun went to the kitchen, checking to make sure everything was ready. Then she walked to the living room and searched for TV remote.

   Hmm.. Is there anything interesting to watch while waiting for oppa?

   When she was about to reach for the TV remote, she noticed the letters that she put on the coffee table. She took all the letters and opened them one by one, reminiscing their painful and happy moments.

   When WGM ended, both of them were stuck. They didn't know how to label their relationship. Undeniably, they had good chemistry as friends. But obviously, their relationship was more than that. Seohyun knew he held himself in check from pouring his heart to her. She couldn't say anything either due to her no-dating contract as a SNSD member.

   So they remained as friends. She had heard from many idols that Jung Yong Hwa was always funny and playful in front of camera, but he wore an opposite persona behind the camera. Serious, perfectionist and obsessed in songwriting. He distanced himself from female idols, only interacting with them with presence of his manager or CNBLUE members.

   She also kept in touch with other CNBLUE members. Her Jungshin chinggu once said sometimes their hyung was scary. Nothing can compromise the quality of songs that they delivered to their fans. Their hyung thought nothing but work, work and work. However occasionally they caught him staring at her online pictures or reading her news articles.

   Being an idol, they must give their best at nonstop work schedules. Although she missed him terribly, she put a bright smile and cheery face when interacting with SONE. Secretly, she also followed his activities online, and she couldn't deny her jealousy when watching him being flirtatious and playful on stage with BOICE.

   But these were the nature of their work as entertainers. They must give everything to make their fans smile and laugh, although their hearts were crushed inside. When she couldn't hold it anymore, she let her tears out, and her Soshi unnie were the best companion for her lonely heart.

   Fast forward, CNBLUE and SNSD were more recognized internationally. When their path had crossed in a few concerts, they bowed, smiled and cheered each other like good friends. But their eyes couldn't hide yearning to be together.

   When she was given a green light to date, she thought of approaching him first. But being a fussy thinker, she couldn't help but overthink the consequences of CNBLUE must bear if the leader was caught dating her.

   But he beat her by confessing to her a few days after she was allowed to date. She had long suspected her unnie were acting as undercover spies, feeding her personal updates to CNBLUE members. She could still remember how she hesitated after Yonghwa confessed to her.

   “Are you sure oppa? Aren’t you scared if you are caught with a dating scandal?”

   “I'm only scared if the woman is not you. I’m ready to face anything, as long as I’m with you.”

   “Oh oppa.. I want to be w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter