Chapter-XV

My Only Hope

Chapter –XV

Third – Person Pov

 The following two weeks were one of the longest two weeks for both Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

Baekhyun was trying to act adjust in his new home , according to him it was just like school but the kids ate, studied and slept altogether in dorms , all of the children were quite disciplined he barely witnessed any kind of bullying among the young or old kids , more like  were like one  big family . At first he couldn’t get used to every one approaching him in a kind manner, he had got used to always keeping his guards up.

Being bullied and harassed at home and often at school, Baekhyun felt he couldn’t calm himself especially now when he has entered a new place like this. Even though all these children whether young or old were in the same boat just like him, some were left at the doorstep of the orphanage, while some were coincidently found in dilapidated conditions and then there some who were rescued from abusers similar to his case.

Nevertheless, the facility runners made sure that all children were treated with equal care and attention so that will be able to transform themselves into better individuals when they grow up.

Meanwhile, at Chanyeol’s end, Things had taken a 360 degree change in his behavior, He couldn’t stop feeling restless, he looked more stressed than how he looked during his examinations, he was quite his moody self , he wouldn’t hold long conversations with anyone , his head being filled with various theories , various situations and its outcomes , how he will act and speak at trial , he couldn’t sleep thinking about what would the future behold.

Chanyeol’s dad had been quite worried with how his son had been acting up lately, he had never seen such a change in him for quite a long time, even though Chanyeol had always been a child intrigue and altruistic nature, if he had set his head on something he would never leave the matter unresolved he was always a determined stubborn head as his mom used to call him.

At times like this, Mr. Park would miss his late wife ….

A day or two had passed when he got informed about the trial day , he was quite unsure how to put it across Chanyeol , more like he was scared how he would react , Saving Baekhyun that unfortunate evening  despite of how dangerous it was …….

He was proud yet scared for his son

Director’s Pov

“How is Baekhyun doing”? I asked  

It had been a few days since the child came to New Hope House, he seemed like a well behaved child despite of his reckless and abusive guardians , he barely rebelled against anything .After taking care of so many children over the years I tend to first find problems in children so that we are able to handle every kid accordingly.

 It had been hard for Baekhyun  to interact initially but he always seems to make an effort to mingle, like a child who knows he is being observed and does not want any  report against him

“I’m not sure , he seems as if  he is doing well …But, it also seems like he isn’t” replied Director’s assistant

“During the day, he eats well, gets along with other kids” she continued

“But at nights, he seems to be feel sleepless and wander around  ... I think he gets nightmares  ...”

“What did the counselor say?” 

“She told me, Baekhyun doesn’t speak much”

“Give him a little time”

Baekhyun’s Pov

Before I separated from Chanyeol Hyung apart from taking care of myself he told me to mingle with other kids, to keep my mind off a few things  actually mingling with them was not an issue even though I’ve never a good conversation starter , why I am always so awkward …

 

Daytime passes by in blink, there is good food to eat and people around, But night-time is mostly hard to get by often I wake up to my roommate Kyungsoo tapping or poking at my shoulder,

“Where are running?” he asks usually

“Where..?” I ask confused

“I mean, you keep sleeping talking same stuff “

Kyungsoo is one of the my roommates amongst the six others, we all have our personal bed, one upon the other . Both of us have our beds facing, he often wakes up to my noisy sleep talking.

When I first met him, I found him quite intimidating, but he just looks like that cause of his bad eye sight, Poor guy …

One of the things about New Hope house is the children don’t get to know about each other’s past life unless the individual shares, we both haven’t crossed that line yet.

Tonight, before I could feel the start of the old dream, I forced myself to wake up I took one of the room-mate’s  torchlight before slowly tip- toeing to the small library near the cafeteria.

Reading to shoo away the bad dreams in the hope of a peaceful sleep ,

I’m low key tempted to use the telephone at the cafeteria counter, Should I call Hyung ?