Chapter XIV

My Only Hope

Chapter – XIV

Third – Person Pov:

Things took place in a whirlwind, soon after the meeting between the detectives and Prosecutor Park , Baekhyun was taken to “New Hope House ”which included other children who were abandoned or rescued from broken households. Since Baekhyun was no longer allowed to interact with Chanyeol he did not get to take the Bag packed by the elder boy last night , fortunately he had kept the small envelope in his pocket . The detectives were kind enough to them to have small moment before they would be separated ,Baekhyun thought he would be able to face the new change since it would mean being away from his abusive family little did he know it would be so hard to separate from his Hyung ,since now he was being taken away from Seoul to Bucheon (Country side in Korea).Baekhyun thought he would be in Seoul and still be able to meet Chanyeol and continue his schooling the same way as before .

Chanyeol for a change was able to contain his emotions before departing from the kid , he felt he needed to play a strong one here so that Baekhyun doesn’t feel too sad .Both  were lost and didn’t know what to tell the other . Chanyeol like always ,came to his knees to come to equal eye level with the child , Baekhyun couldnt stop the tears which kept flowing from his eyes ,Chanyeol held the hands and squeezed them before engulfing him in his arms “Baek, everything will be fine , we will meet soon …..wait for me” said while patting his head , Baekhyun had stopped crying their time for last goodbyes had come to an end …

Chanyeol sat  in his car looking at Baek as he left  with his Dad for home , he didn’t feel like waving bye while looking at  the child so weak, standing their alone soon lead inside once the car left .

He realized that he had forgotten to give the younger the bag he had packed , he instantly requested his Dad to turn the car to give the things he had packed last night.

“Chanyeol , we’re already halfway now, We’ll send the child the things when we go for the trial.. also don’t go out some time or do outrageous stuff without telling me ,I don’t want you to have criminal record or something ..”

Chanyeol could not argue about anything further .

Baekhyun’s Pov

 Soon after Hyung left, I couldn’t help the empty feeling inside my chest , my stomach churned with nauseousness , the detective lead me inside and made certain calls to send me to the place which they had decided  to , I sat there and observed the hustle in the office after lunch was over .

“Kid, don’t you want to go to washroom or anything… its gonna be a long ride till we reach the place .” The detective asked

I didn’t feel like responding and kept mum and  simply followed to whatever I was asked to do ,the car ride was quite long as he had told , lost in my reverie, I slept of midway , the detective woke  me up when we reached, it was dark already .

I stepped out of the car shakily , taking a moment to look at the  surroundings it was medium sized building with  a red brick like pattern with a  lot of windows. The detective lead me inside the light at the entrance lit up as we entered , we waited at the reception , my eyes kept wandering at the shelves with different awards placed on it I looked carefully to pay attention at it , it seemed like the children staying at the place had won them  and the orphanage owner  had them placed in the showcase.

I was lead inside to the director’s office , which  was quite spacious the room’s centre had a sofa set in a square-like pattern behind which the director’s table was set up , I looked up at the director , she was dressed  simply and looked at me with kind eyes , I was still wary of everything , I wished I could be at hyung’s home ….

The detective left after  greeting the director and nodding at me, I looked blankly when the director spoke to me , it was all basic introductions and where I would be put , soon I was lead by director’s assistant  to my room

I stopped her midway to ask her permission to go to the washroom , I swiftly closely the toilet seat without making any noise or anything and took out a piece of paper which I folded tidily and kept it in my pocket this morning ..

“Baekhyun , If you have opened this letter  that means we have already been separated … you must be shocked and scared ……”

“From this point onwards , you will be come across many strangers .. People will ask you  a lot of questions ..”

“Baekhyun- ah !” I heard director’s secretary calling me from outside ,

“Are you alright .. do u need anything ?” she asked

“I’m alright , ma’am” I replied

I turned my gaze back to the letter “ People might make you do things you do not want to…

Or they may ask you to do things you don’t want to talk about ..

“That’s why I’m writing you this letter to let you know , you are important to me ..

So that you become sure of yourself  and stand tall ,hyung will wait for you ..”

Third Person Pov :

Meanwhile in the interrogation room , Baekhyun’s mother is having a discussion with her attorney

“Baekhyun is an easy child , he will never tell that I hit him ..

Even if I admit I hit him , he tries to hide the fact even though I’ve never told him to do so”

Shaking her head from side to side , The Attorney seemed to be unsure

“But Mrs Byun, the boy who kidnapped your child and reported this issue , has quite  a lot of evidence-

The attorney raised her hand to stop Mrs Byun who was going to interrupt her and continue

“Plus that kid has some good back up , his father is a prosecutor”

“ I still think , Baekhyun wont be able to talk about it ..”

“Another big segment of this case is the guy living with you Mrs Byun …”

“Oppa , didn’t do anything ..”she protested

“No, what I’m worried about is that he is missing … which makes it more mysterious ..I don’t think I can save you Mrs Byun , you will probably have to have some jail time”

“But , my kid was kidnapped by the other  kid.. don’t you find that strange , shouldn’t that highschooler be punished as well “

“Think about yourself, Mrs Byun … I’ll be taking my leave now” Attorney got up to leave giving a last look to the woman.