Chapter – XX

My Only Hope

 

Chanyeol had thought after things related to his probation  had settled , he finally had decided to give his thought related to convincing the parents had not been an easy task, It was almost at one point Chanyeol thought of giving up on entire idea , as his suggestion  more like demand was nearing rejection …Until he heard the usual “I’ll think about it “from his Dad.

Like his Dad had mentioned the adoption procedure was no bed of roses .

Little did Chanyeol knew that Baekhyun was in talks to be shifted to the other branch  of the New Hope House , apparently it had been Director who decided to move Baekhyun as the child in her opinion needed to be socialized more , after his close friend had got adopted , Baekhyun did not imagine how lonely he felt, the feeling only kicked in once  Kyungsoo had left .

Kyungsoo’s adoption made Baekhyun realize how low the scope was of him getting  to start a new life since he had been able to make only one friend in the span of some 5 months , who left the place eventually,

It was about a months time that he had been called by the director to the office to discuss something important ,

“Baekhyun-ah , you here .. come sit here “ she asked as she got up from her main desk keeping the coffee she had been sipping on earlier

Baekhyun had been his usual quiet self, he seldom engaged in any conversation until he was comfortable with the person ,it had been around second or third time since the director had last called him . After the greeting and asking how Baekhyun had been doing , she cut to the case

“I was wondering .. if you would prefer shifting branch .. from here to maybe other countryside state or maybe back to Seoul  .. since there are some cases which needs to be transferred here , so I wanted ask you if you like to go elsewhere ..”

Baekhyun took a moment to process it all , his dull mind had not been paying attention before the Director mentioned “Seoul” a unknown interest piqued in him, but soon died down , Moving meant adjusting again to the lifestyle followed their  anyway he had been struggling to keep a stable sleep , he had had found his comfort at the library at New Hope house , he had made friend as well , even though he was gone , Kyungsoo had promised to somehow keep in contact with him and promised to meet him again.

Which seemed like white lie but he trusted their friendship nevertheless if it was a lie or not it was up to their destiny whether they will meet again or not.

Baekhyun refused the offer which the director had offered politely, even if he wished to go to Seoul it wouldn’t have been any different unless, he gets new guardians which he felt like he wouldn’t , Not too long ago he had heard the older kids at the orphanage talking about how only new borns and very young children were preferred and popular age group in the adoption business.

It had been a while since Baekhyun had a conversation with Director , when he heard young couple were interested to adopt him , apparently they were a busy couple and had been unable to conceive a child in ten years of their marriage . It had been a surprise to Baekhyun that , it had been few weeks ago he thought he was gonna stay for a few  more years at the orphanage.

Meanwhile at Chanyeol ‘s end , who had no news as to how Baekhyun had been doing , he had barely managed to get his Dad agree with his idea , well they were not going to adopt Baekhyun , as his Dad previously made him understand how it was a slow process , which might end up taking two to three years to legally adopt him and then become legal parents  wherein Baekhyun will be receiving all the benefits as Chanyeol

But then again , this was a dicey decision to take overnight , One of the factors which would be against the entire decision would be that they have no contact with Baekhyun , therefore they are not aware of whether the middle schooler would prefer to be adopted entirely .

Since this was not a consensual decision, not to mention Mr Park was quite panicked to take this step , raising hormonal moody teenager like Chanyeol had been handful now he would be bringing a middle schooler who was now parentless  under the roof.

This did not mean that he was strongly opposing to the idea anymore, rather he was scared whether he would be able to provide the child an environment and treatment which he should have got , Chanyeol had never been an impulsive decision maker but he was highly stubborn and altruistic which was a quality both he and his mother harboured especially  if is it was for the good of the person .

This decision had been the heights of the form imbibed in Chanyeol which had left Mr Park astound 

Chanyeol and  him had been researching on the matter of adoption since past few weeks ,Mr Park had also discussed with Detective Ma  who had been the main guy to investigate Baekhyun’s Case , who suggested to be in talks with Director of New hope house  to plan the further course of action .

The Director was taken aback when she received a call from Mr. Park as was unusual for a family wrongly accused of kidnapping to schedule a meeting  before adopting a child.

She hoped  it’s not Baekhyun they’re eyeing ,she didn’t want to assume things beforehand so she decided against informing him.

It had exactly a week, Chanyeol and Mr. Park drove all the way to Bucheon, Chanyeol was nervous and excited to meet Baekhyun  after almost  half a year.

He had expected the ride to Bucheon to be peaceful , the moment he had been waiting for a while , rather it was roller coaster ride filled with his brain coming up with questions  he had not thought before ,he  mentally prayed for everything to take place smoothly …

Their Fates did not have same plans, just when Mr. Park had been almost a turn away from  the orphanage ,  when the other car passed by theirs in the opposite direction.