We... Ggomo Missed You

Claws To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     Hyejin leaned against the closed door of Wheein’s apartment. Yongsun was sweet, although a little too manic for Ggomo(or her) to relax around. She could see the appeal. Wheein and Yongsun. Two active balls of energy. Hwasa wondered how the two would not ricochet off the walls when they’re together. Not that she ever wanted to see them together. The bag of expensive cat food felt heavy in her hand. She dragged it to the exit. 

 

   “Hi.” It’s Wheein, bags of take out food in tow. 

 

   “Hi.” Hyejin greeted back forlornly.

 

   “I’m really sorry about the cat food .”

 

   “It’s ok. Which food does Ggomo like most?” Hyejin backtracked, to save her blunder. “In case the cafe offers another promo, you know.”

 

   “He likes the one from Yongsun’s shop. You’ve met her right?” 

 

   Unfortunately, thought Hyejin. “Yeah. She’s sweet.”

 

   “Don’t be fooled.” Wheein barked a laugh. She lifted the food containers. “You wanna come up?” 

 

   YES! Hyejin wanted to say. There’s nothing more amazing than curling up to Ggomo in Wheein’s bed at that moment. “Raincheck?”

 

   It must be her imagination but Wheein's face fell for a moment.

 

  “Ok. Have a nice night.”




 

  She should have known that Wheein won’t be single. A woman as colorful and wonderful as her. They were made up of girlfriend material and no person in their right mind wouldn’t wanna snatch that. It came as a surprise that Wheein was queer. Or maybe it just didn’t cross Hyejin’s mind. Her focus being on Ggomo most of the time. 

 

   Ggomo.

 

   Her little boy. Her warmth on a cold night. She’s ready to risk it all for him. 

 

   Her step faltered and she fell down. 

 

   “Hyejinah. Are you ok?” Lia clucked like a mother hen she was. “Pay. Extra. Attention.” 

 

   “Sorry.” Hyejin bowed to her choreographer, ashamed. “I’m fine. I’ll do better.”

 

   “The showcase is in two days.” Lia motioned for the other dancers to take a break. “I am not worried. I know you’d get it but I can tell something is bothering you. Talk to me.”

 

   “It’s nothing.” Hyejin wiped her sweaty face. “It’s a cat.”

 

   “A cat?”

 

   With a sigh, Hyejin told her friend everything. 

 

   “Are we sure we’re worried just about the cat?”

 

   “What do you mean?”

 

   “It was surely about the cat the first half of the story.” Lia sat gracefully down on a studio bench. “You got me in that first half.” 

 

   They share small smiles. 

 

  “Then you zoomed in on the fact that this Wheein person got a girlfriend.” A quirk of an eyebrow from Lia sent Hyejin blushing. “You’ve been sleeping over some dude’s house? Why Hyejinah?!”

 

   “Wheein’s a girl.”

 

   “Oh.” Lia’s face got serious. “Sorry. The Wheein’s I’ve heard of were men. You’ve been sleeping over some chick’s house?! Something you wanna tell me?” 

 

  It was Hyejin’s turn to get serious. “I don’t know. All I could think of now is, I won’t be able to come over and sleep with Ggomo that much if Yongsun moves in with Wheein. I don’t even know if they’re that serious or not.” 

 

   “Sleep with Ggomo. Riiiiiight.” Lia handed Hyejin a piece of candy. “Here. on this. We don’t want you dropping dead we have a long way to go.”

 

   The choreographer rose up and clapped her hands to make the other dancers know they’re back to rehearsal. 




 

   Two weeks. Two weeks of promotion. Hyejin was happy with her achievement this comeback, her fans were happy, album sales were high, she got two music show wins, and more TV appearances and CF offers. She’s happy, but she’s also bone tired. She d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter