You know I love you right?

Claws To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Moonbyul found her hyperventilating on the kitchen floor.  A frantic moment later and a paper bag was shoved at her to breathe in. The paper and her boss’ gentle at her back steadied her enough to stand.


  “Are you ok?” Warm water was pressed on her clammy hands. “You scared the out of me. I am not ready to go bankrupt in case your people sue me.


  “I’m sorry.” Hyejin sipped in the warm water. It calmed her.


  “What happened? One moment you and Ggomo’s mom were talking, the next you were running to the kitchen.”


  The mention of Ggomo’s mom had Hyejin groaning.  There was no way in hell that she would give her baby boy up that easily.


  “Please let me adopt Ggomo.” She blurted out.


  Moonbyul’s eyes widened at the sudden request.


  “You can’t be serious. I mean Ggomo’s mom…”


  “Wheein. Her name is Wheein.”


  “Wheein’s already been approved. I mean, she’s got a stable job.” Moonbyul opened a bag of potato chips and started munching. “She’s got an apartment that’s pet friendly. She seems to be a sweet girl and the perfect mom for Ggomo.”


  “But what about me?” Hyejin reached for the bag of chips that Moonbyul readily gave up.


  “What about you?”


  “I want him.”


  “Look, having a pet is a big responsibility.” Moonbyul patiently explained. “Do you even have time for him with your busy schedule?”


  “I…,” Hyejin faltered. It’s true. With her schedule she barely has time to sleep, let alone take care of a pet full time.


  “Boss?” Harin peeked in. “The lady who wants to take Ggomo home is ready for you.”


  “Be right there.” And with a final squeeze of Hyejin’s hand, Moonbyul is gone leaving Hyejin with a bagful of chips and regret.






  It was said that If Hyejin was anything it was tenacious.


  “Wheein-ssi!”


  Wheein turned to see the girl from the cat cafe running, in a funny way, to her.


  “Hello?”


  “It still stands.”


  “Uhm?”


  “My offer of friendship.”


  “O…kay.

  “I’m Hyejin by the way and you’re Wheein. ”

  Wheein stared at the hand offered to her for a few seconds before she gently put down Ggomo’s cat bag to shake it. She didn’t understand what was going on but for some reason she’s decided to go with the flow.


 



  There were few awkward seconds when they didn’t say anything nor move a muscle. It was Hyejin, Ggomo, and Wheein in the middle of a sidewalk in an uncomfortable tableaux.
 

 




  “Lemme get your number.” Hyejin finally spoke and to further push her agenda she added, “so I could text you about the promos and free cat food offers the cafe sometimes have etc etc. As a friend, you know.”



  That earned Wheein’s smile as she whipped out her phone to give Hyejin her number.



  “See you around, Hyejin-ssi.”  Wheein waved goodbye at Hyejin enthusiastically.





 

  “Do you have a newsletter? Do you email people when you have promos or when you’re giving away discounts?”



  “Why are you still here? It’s past closing time.” Moonbyul stopped wiping the counter to give Hyejin a scathing look. “You don’t own a pet. Why will you be interested in promos for pets?”



  “Well, do you?”



  “Do I what?”



  “Have a promo?”



  “We have a stamp card. When you collected enough stamps you can claim a free drink or free 1kg dog/cat food.” After wiping the counter, Moonbyul put away her apron grateful to be done for the day. A white cat named Elsa; however, had a different idea and padded on the clean counter. Moonbyul picked the cat up and gave it a snuggle instead of chastising it.



  “I want that card.” Hyejin slammed her black credit card on the counter.



  There were only a few things that could surprise Moonbyul and Hyejin’s behaviour wasn’t one of them.



  “Ok.” She took out one of the stamp cards. “How many drinks are you buying?”



  Peering into the card, Hyejin pointed up until the 1st gift box.  Moonbyul pressed marks on it before handing the card to Hyejin’s waiting hands. “You can also just ask her if you could visit Ggomo, you know?”



  But Hyejin wasn’t listening, she's already starting for the door.



  “You can claim those drinks when you come in again!” Moonbyul yelled after a retreating back.







  Ggomo was scared to come out of his cat bag. Wheein just placed the bag down and ped it open. The kitten would come out in time. Atleast, that’s what Moonbyul said. It had been a few hours and Wheein was losing patience. She tried calling him but he was bent on ignoring her.



  “Ggomo-ssi, please pay attention to me. You were more attentive when we were at the cafe.” She whined. She whined some more but it only made the kitten burrow into his cat bag further.



  She picked up her phone wishing she had Moonbyul’s number. Maybe, if she were to stare at her phone intensely enough someone from the cafe would help her. It’s a desperate plea but she didn't know what else to do. She nearly dropped the phone when it chimed. It's a text message.



Hy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter