I have fallen for you

Claws To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   There’s only one thing you need to understand about Ahn Hyejin. This one important thing that has kept her afloat in the cruel world of showbiz even after being pelt with just about any negative thing that can be thrown her way. It’s her tenacity. When she sets a goal, she strives her hardest to reach it. And today, that goal was to finish scooping up all cat poop from at least a dozen liter boxes in the cat shelter’s “Happy Room”.  But because she’s Ahn Hyejin the poops were now being scooped by a TV network staff. She wouldn’t have a problem doing it herself but the makeup artist unnies were worried she’d sweat her make up away. A shot of her scooping a poo, just one, and they’re done with the scene. It’s part of “It’s OK to be a Little Crazy” program. The segment would be called “Non Cat Lovers Work on a Cat Cafe for 3 days”. 

 

   “Unnie, aren’t I supposed to be taking care of the cats?” She sighed. 

 

   “Uh no.” Clarified her manager. “The network wants to stick with the script? Besides, aren’t you allergic?” 

 

   “I have prepared an Epipen and some tabletsplus this.” Hyejin points at her black allergy mask. 

 

   “Look, Hyejinah.” Her manager sat down beside her. “They just want more people to adopt these strays and to save their asses from that cat eating episode they aired a month ago. Everything you put your hands on catches. If it were up to me. You’d only be photographed with a kitten and be done with.”

 

   Then she was alone until the next scene. It’s currently being prepared so Hyejin busied herself with her cheesecake. Suddenly, she felt eyes on her. Turning around slowly she was caught in an eye to eye with a small tan and white kitten. Its stare was unnerving. Given Hyejin’s zero knowledge of cat behaviour she was honestly a little scared. The staring contest lasted for a few minutes until Hyejin just couldn’t take it anymore and blinked. The impossible beast blinked back. A small gasp escaped her lips as the kitten plopped down, showing its belly to Hyejin from across the room. 

 

   “Looks like somebody just received a confession of love.” Moonbyul’s deep speaking voice returned her to reality. She’s the cat cafe’s owner and resident barista/manager. 

 

   “Huh?” 

 

   “Cats. They say “i love you” by blinking at you.” Moonbyul pointed at the kitten. “That’s Ggomo, a Scottish Fold. He’s given up by his original owner because they’re flying to the States. Look, he’s hugging you. He’s showing you his belly. That’s an intense cat hug right there.”

 

   A small ‘aaaaw’ escaped Hyejin’s lips. It’s love at fir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter