Chapter 6 : Special

I'm your star

Chapter 6 : Special

 

 

You were doing your work because it’s a few days till Dujun discharging from the military. You were busy with editing, and also some trainees work that you had to handle.

“Yookyung-ah~ Are you free tonight?” asked suyeon unnie, you stopped doing your work

“Yeah. Why?” you asked

“Because I just moved to a new apartment! Finally!!” said suyeon unnie.

“Oh~ you lived with your parents. I forgot.” You said

“Yup! Finally I’m free! I’m independent now!” she said excitedly. You could see the sparkles in her eyes.

“So a housewarming party?” you asked suyeon unnie nodded

“Woahh~ Housewarming party?” yoseob asked standing near your desk.

“Daepyo-nim~ you should come! I just bought beef yesterday at a market nearby.” Said suyeon unnie.

“When is it?” he asked

“Tonight! Yookyung will be there right?” suyeon unnie asked you.

“Sure~ we can head back together then” you smiled.

“Great! We’ll ride our car.” Said yoseob

“Are you going to join us Daepyo-nim?” you asked

“Of course! I’ll ask gyusik to come too!” said yoseob

“Great! So how’s gyusik is going to go?” asked suyeon unnie.

“I’ll ask him to come here before we go to your house.” Said yoseob

“But is it just the 4 of us?” you asked.

“I don’t want to ask these 2 oldies. They’ll just ruined the mood plus they get drunk easily.” Suyeon unnie whispered while he looked at our marketing department leader and one of our teammate.

“Oh. Jaesun won’t join us?” you asked.

“I don’t know. I’ll ask him and tell you guys later.” Said yoseob

“Yes! Can’t wait for you guys to see my house!” said suyeon unnie excitedly.

“Well, work hard guys.” Said yoseob

 

It was lunch hour and you had a sudden craving to eat pizza because of yoseob. He always goes to Maddux Pizza with gyusik. You wanted to try it so bad.

“Yookyung-ah, let’s eat lunch.” Said suyeon unnie grabbing her wallet.

“Unnie, I’m craving for pizza though” you said

“Oh… is it Maddux Pizza?” she asked, you were shocked and looked her way

“How do you know?” you asked.

“Of course I know, gyusik went there with yoseob daepyo a few times.” She said

“Oh~~~” you said “Don’t act like you don’t know. Since its daepyo’s fav place.” She said

 

Suyeon and you rode a taxi to Maddux Pizza. “Welcome” you were greeted by the staff

You went to your seat to look through the menus. You ordered a pepperoni pizza and a cider. You were looking through your phone. Suyeon unnie went to the bathroom for a while.

“Yookyung-ssi?” You looked up and saw yoseob and gyusik

“Daepyo-nim.” You said. “Why are you here?” yoseob and you asked the ame question at the same time. But yoseob’s face was smiling.

“I thought you asked that.” He said and smiled.

“I’m here because we love to eat here.” He said “What are you doing here?” he asked

“I…I had a sudden craving for pizza.” I said nervously.

“Hmmmm…. Why don’t you go to Domino’s or something?” asked gyusik.

“How’d you know Maddux Pizza?” asked gyusik again.

 

 

Your POV

Oh no! he’s on to me! How do I answer this???

“Yookyung had a sudden craving for pizza so I bring her here because we’re bored with Domino’s or Pizza Hut. Okay?” suyeon unnie came to the rescue.

Thank you suyeon unnie….

“Well, the pizza here taste different so.” Said yoseob “Can we join you guys?” asked yoseob.

“Sure.” Said suyeon unnie.

Gyusik was about to sit beside me. “Gyusik-ssi. Why don’t you sit beside me?” asked suyeon unnie.

“Is this seat reserved?” he asked. “No-” said suyeon unnie. “Then I’ll seat here. Yoseob can sit beside you” said gyusik.

Gyusik sat beside me. He gave me this cold look. I just smiled nervously. “Pizza is here” said one of the staff while putting down the pizza on the table.

“Wow~ this looks good!” I said. I tried the pizza and of course now I know why he likes to go here.

“Daepyo-nim! No wonder you like to go here-“ wait.

Gyusik and Yoseob looked at me. Oh no!

“AHAHAHA…. This is good!” I said while laughing nervously.

“How do you know this is yoseob’s favorite place?” asked gyusik making me sweat nervously.

“AHAHAHA. Did I said that? You must be hearing stuff” I shoved a lot of pizza in my mouth so I couldn’t answer gyusik’s question. He was on to me. I looked at yoseob he was eating his pizza peacefully while gyusik kept an eye on me the entire time.

“Hey. It is good right Yookyung-ssi?” yoseob asked me while he smile warmly. My heart!

“Yes daepyo-nim. It’s really good.” I said and smiled back.

Thank god yoseob didn’t ask me questions.

“Gyusik-ah, your pizza is getting cold.” Said yoseob shoving pizza into gyusik’s mouth.

“Hey” struggled gyusik

 

After we finished our pizza suyeon and I went back to the office while yoseob and gyusik stayed there to talk. Plus I wanted to leave because Gyusik is making me nervous.

 

 

Yoseob POV

“What’s your problem?” I asked gyusik

“What?” he asked. “What’s with the cold act on yookyung?” I asked.

“She likes you bro.” he said. “I know.” I said

“What?! You know that??” he asked and I nodded while still have eye contact with gyusik.

“Then why didn’t you fire her just like you always do to fans like her?” asked gyusik

“I gave her a chance since I never saw her before.” I said.

“You never saw her before?” he asked.

“Yup. I remember everyone’s faces that goes to our fansigns event. And from my observation, all the girls that asked for positions at AU Ent was 100% my fans. But yookyung came and I never saw her before. Plus she said that herself because she’s busy.” I said.

“She told you? When?” asked gyusik.

“Oh. I met her in the practice room.” I said.

“What is she doing there? She’s not A&R.” said gyusik

“I don’t know. I entered the room, she was looking inside the practice room.” I said

“Maybe she wants to put a hidden camera to see you guys practice.” Said gyusik

“Why are you saying things like that?” I asked

“You never know. She’s new. She likes you. Of course she might do a lot of things” he said

“Gyusik-ah. She’s nice. I know she is.” I said defending her

“What if she’s not? Why are you defending her?” he asked.

“Well, up until now I never received reports about her. She’s done a very good job.” Said gyusik

“Nahhh~ I still don’t believe her.” Said gyusik

“Pfft. Fine then why don’t you go talk to her.” I said.

“I’ll have that chance later.” He said

“Oh plus I heard you bring her home.” Said gyusik, I was drinking my coke. I coughed.

“Woah… are you okay?” gyusik handed me the tissue.

“How’d you know that?” I whispered.

“Jaesun hyung told me.” He said. Jaesun hyung. I’ll cut your allowance. I told him not to tell anyone.

“I did that because she was cold and her house is a bit far. My house is near so I lend her my clothes.” I said

“Even your clothes?? Then what happened?” he asked

I remembered the scene where I was checking out her hair and how close our faces are. I suddenly felt very hot.

“Did she do something to you?” he asked. More like I did something to her though.

“Bet she put a small camera inside your bathroom to see you .” Said gyusik

“Gyusik-ah! Stop that. She’s not like that.” I said while I felt my entire body was hot.

“She’s nice.” I said. “I’m worried. I don’t want anything happen to you and the company. Right now you have to be careful. Everything that you’re doing right now, people might be watching you.” Said gyusik

“I know you’re worried. But I trust her. She’s really… nice.” I said.

“You better not come near her until I interview her tonight.” He said

“You’re going to interview her tonight?” I asked

“Yeah. Don’t stop me.” He said

“Fine. But don’t touch her.” I said. He then gave me a straight look expression.

“What…?” I asked. “Do you perhaps….” He said. “Have some sort of feelings towards her?” he asked

“Well… she is my staff.” I said. “You sure? Not more than staff?” he asked.

“Of course not. I never fall for a staff. I think of her like a sister yeah! A little sister! I’ve wanted a little sister before.” I said.

“Oh~ the sister zone. Hopefully. Will that feeling change?” he asked. Honestly… I don’t know. So I just looked away to avoid his question.

 

Your POV

We finished our work and it was time to go to suyeon unnie house. Yoseob and gyusik was already in the car downstairs. We got in and straight to suyeon unnie small apartment. Around 50 minutes we arrived and it was a 3 level apartment. Suyeon unnie’s apartment is at the 2nd level. Jaesun couldn't join us because he had some work to do.

“Ta-da! Welcome to my apartment! Wait. Wash your hands first.” Said suyeon unnie.

We put our things in the living room and washed our hands.

“Your apartment is niceee~” said yoseob

“Thank you! I just finished packing yesterday the wholeeee day! But still got some books left.” She said

“Let’s start grilling the beef.” She said.

“Wait! Let’s buy some booze!” said gyusik

“Yookyung-ssi can’t drink booze.” Said yoseob. I looked at him. He remembers that?

“Then, yookyung will follow me to the convenience store to buy some drinks” said gyusik.

“I’ll go with you!” said yoseob and suyeon unnie at the same time. They look at each other making faces.

“Why are you going?” he asked while he furrowed his eyebrows towards suyeon unnie

“Because I don’t want to be left with daepyo-nim.” She said while she said with a cocky face

“Huh.” Said yoseob

“Then why do you want to go?” asked suyeon unnie to yoseob

“I don’t want gyusik to be alone with yookyung-ssi.” He said

“Then why don’t I go with gyusik and yookyung stays here with you?” said suyeon unnie. Gyusik and I were already at the door to go out.

“Hey!” shouted suyeon unnie

“It’s okay just for a while. I’ll be back daepyo-nim.” I said and closed the door.

 

Yoseob POV

*SHUT*

“Why did she only say I’ll be back daepyo-nim? This is my house.” Said suyeon.

“ –sigh- why do I have to be alone with you?” I said

“As if I want to be here with you.” Said suyeon

“Suyeon-ah, if you act like this you might won’t have a boyfriend.” I said

“HAHA Daepyo-nim. Are you talking to the mirror? Helllooo~ as if you have a girlfriend right now. You’re so sensitive like a girl” said suyeon

“Hahaha. Suyeon-ah mind your words.” I said as I’m getting ready to grill the beef at the living room.

“Daepyo. Are you aware of something?” asked suyeon.

“What is?” I asked

“You like Yookyung” she said. “WHAT? Me? You’re mistaken.” I sweated without no reason.

“Ehhhh…. You sure??? I noticed how you always looked her way every time you came to the office. The way you look at me, the other staffs are different than the way you look at yookyung” she said

“I look at you guys the same as I look at yookyung.” I answered.

“Come on~ Admit it! Yang Yoseob likes Yang Yookyung!” she said loudly

“No I don’t!” I said shouted

 

“HEY NEW OWNER! STOP SHOUTING!” shouted the owner upstairs.

“SORRY!” we said.

“It’s all your fault.” I said

“Come on daepyo. You could tell me everything~ I can keep a secret.” She said.

“I don’t trust you” I sad boldly.

“Pffft~” said suyeon

 

Your POV

I was looking for ice lemon tea while gyusik was in the beer area.

“Are you done?” I turn around and saw Gyusik’s hands are full holding 4 cans of beer.

“Why 4?” I asked. “1 beer is a present for suyeon. A house warming present” said gyusik.

“O-kay…” I said. “I’ll pay for it.” I said

“It’s okay. I got it covered.” He shows his card to me.

 

“Thank you” said the staff as we left the store.

“I have a question for you Yookyung-ssi.” Said gyusik. So sudden.

:”Sure. What is it about?” I asked

“It’s about Yang Yoseob.” He said looking at me. We stopped for a while.

“Do you have any intentions to him?” he asked. My only intention is trying to date him but that won’t happen at all.

“Bad intentions?” he asked. Bad intentions? “What do you mean?” I asked.

“Do you perhaps trying to make him and his company go down? What is your intentions and what are you planning on? I know you’re from J Company. Hearing you quit from that company and suddenly came to AU Ent is fishy.” He said

I know J Company wasn’t just a company that introduces good equipment’s for singers, J Company also have a dark secret which I know about during my working days there. J Company pays some staffs to create bad rumors or create a situation that can make the artist have a bad reputation.

“I don’t have any bad intentions towards Daepyo-nim.” I said

“I know J Company is big and they also hide something. They even sell their staff to get money from sponsors right?” he said

“Are you one of them?” He asked.

“I joined them for 2 years. So I don’t know much about the company.” I said

“Bull.” He said. “One of my friend works there before. You quitted because that time the sponsors wasn’t satisfied with the staff that they sell. That’s why J Company was down. When you came work there, your marketing skills were good and J Company sales went high. Almost all broadcasting stations want J Company's equipment’s thanks to your marketing skills. But J Company does have very good equipment’s but low knowledge on marketing department.” He said

“My friend said one of the sponsor wants you.” He said.

“I turned them down, that’s why I quit. I’m just in the marketing department. I’m not involve with the teams that create bad rumors. I was just in the marketing department. Yes. One of the sponsors want me. I was confused as I don’t know anything about the sponsors. I only knew about them that day.” I said defending myself

“I quitted because I don’t want to be involved at that company anymore. I quitted and I really want to work at AU Ent to support an honest business. I liked BEAST for a long time. I took marketing because I liked it. I work at J Company to receive training so I could be ready for AU Ent someday. Rather than bad intentions. I am thankful towards Daepyo-nim for giving me a chance to work there. J Company is a dark past where I don’t want to be involved with anymore.” I was in the verge of tears.

“And now….” My tears is slowly falling as I look down at the road where I am standing.

“I find AU Ent is really…. The most comfortable place that I’ve worked at. The people there is warm and nice. Helpful…” I was reminded at how gloomy J Company was when I started working there. Although the sales were high. The people there still treat me the same with no respect and I was circulated with a lot of bad rumors.

“I like it here… I like the people here in AU Ent. I felt safe. I felt like home….” My tears fell down like little droplets of rain.

“I’m sorry.” Said gyusik.

“I…I didn’t mean to make you cry….” He said and wiped my tears using his handkerchief in his right side pocket.

“So you don’t have bad intentions towards the CEO?” he asked. “No…. I love them” I said while I wiped my tears.

“Yoseob is going to kill me if he saw you like this.” Said gyusik.

 

 

Yoseob POV

 

“It’s done!” we finished preparing the table.

“Yeay! Where are they?” asked suyeon.

“Suyeon-ah try calling yookyung-ssi” I said

“Hi guys.” Said gyusik as he took off his shoes.

“What took you guys so long?” I asked and saw yookyung’s face looks a bit gloomy.

“Yookyung-ssi… What happened?” I went towards her to take a closer look at her face. She closed it with a handkerchief.

“It’s nothing.” She said. “What did you do?” I grabbed gyusik’s collar. “Did he touched you? Where?” still not letting go of gyusik’s collar. “Whaaaat I’m not a ert” said gyusik

“My favorite drink wasn’t there. I got emotional and cried.” She said and smiled.

“Really?...” still not letting go of gyusik’s collar.

“Let go of me man! Yeah. She cried and I wiped her tears for her.” Said gyusik. I looked at him.

“You wipe her tears?” I was somehow furious.

“I mean she wiped her own tears! I just gave her the handkerchief!” he said and I let go of his collar. I brushed his shoulders softly.

“Good choice of action gyusik-ah” I said.

“I’m hungryyy!” said gyusik and went to the table. Yookyung was taking off her shoes.

“Yookyung-ssi. Are you okay? It’s okay I’ll buy your favorite drink for you tomorrow.” I said. I didn’t know she would be that sensitive for a juice.

“Thank you Daepyo-nim.” She smiled.

 

 

Your POV

Yoseob is still in front of me even after I took off my shoes. His face is at my height level. “You know, I don’t like to see you cry. So if gyusik bothers you again you’ll tell me. I beat his for you” he said.

“Okay.” I said. He went to the table and pushed gyusik aside. He gestured me to sit beside him at the floor.

I sat beside him and he gave me the beef that he grilled.

“Okay! Let’s play a game!” said suyeon unnie

“Suddenly. Full of surprises Suyeon-ah” said Yoseob

“I’ll ask a question and you answer.” Said suyeon

“That’s not fun. Truth or dare!” said gyusik.

“Fine. Yoseob daepyo! Truth or dare?” asked suyeon unnie

“Truth.” He said. “NO FUN” said gyusik and suyeon unnie

“Pft… then dare.” He said

“I dare you to say what is Yookyung to you?” asked suyeon unnie.

I look at yoseob. He looked down to hide his face. “A special person” he said.

“Wuuuuu~~~” said suyeon unnie and gyusik clapping. “The game is done!” said suyeon unnie

“WAIT! That’s the end???!” asked yoseob

“Yup! Look at the time! Tomorrow is still working daysss~ you guys should get home after we finish this.” Said suyeon unnie

“Suyeon-ah… You….” Said yoseob

“This beef is good” said gyusik “I know right!” said suyeon unnie. “Don’t change the topic!” said yoseob furiously. While gyusik and suyeon unnie had a conversation about beef, I can still feel my heart beat fastens as I recalled yoseob said I’m a special person.

“But… I’m not lying though.” I look at yoseob who is drinking the beer. “You are special.” He said without looking at me.

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

 

“See you guys tomorrow!’ said suyeon unnie

“Thank you for today.” I said

“No no. Thank you for coming. Plus thanks gyusik for one extra can of beer.” Said suyeon unnie

“Of course of course.” Said gyusik smiling.

“Byee” we exchanged goodbyes and went down.

“Yookyung-ssi. Why don’t we send you back home?” asked yoseob

“You should just send me at the nearest bus stop. I can ride the bus.” I said.

“You sure?” he said. “Yeah.” I said.

“I’ll call Jaesun hyung.” Said yoseob and went far a bit to make a call.

 

“I’m sorry.” Said gyusik

“I shouldn’t have said those things… I’m sorry” he said

“It’s okay. It was good to express. Thank you. But my intentions are good. I’ll support them until the end.” I said.

“Yoseob was right.” he said. “You are nice” he said

“Jaesun hyung is here come on” said yoseob

 

They stopped at the bus stop. “Ah! Daepyo-nim. I bring your clothes. I’ve washed it already.” I said

“I wouldn’t mind if you don’t return it” He said “But thank you” he smiled. I went down, bowed and we exchanged goodbyes.

 

 

Yoseob POV

“Gyusik-ah. Is it true?” I asked gyusik

“What is?” he asked

“Did you interview her?” I asked

“I did.” He said. “That’s why she cried?” I asked. “Yep.” He said

“Is there anything that I should worry about?” I asked

“She’s nice. I trust her now.” He said

“Yeah. I told ya. But… don’t ever make her cry again. There’s pain in her eyes.” I said

“I know. But be careful reporters are everywhere.” Said gyusik.

 

We dropped gyusik at his house. We exchanged goodbyes. “Did something happened today?” asked jaesun hyung

“Oh! Hyung! Maybe you might experience short of allowance this month.” I said

“Why?” he asked. “Because someone just couldn’t keep his mouth shut.” I said

“Yoseob-ah. Did gyusik told you-“ he said. “Yes he did.” I said

“No please!” said Jaesun hyung. “I’ll think about it” I said;