Chapter 3 : Beautiful

I'm your star

Chapter 3 – Beautiful

 

 

You were working on the poster for CEO Yoon who’s discharging from the military in April.

“Yookyung-ah, take note for this one.” Said suyeon unnie.

You took the sticky note and wrote what suyeon unnie asked you to do.

 

“Good morning.” You looked up as you see CEO Yang entered the room.

“Oh! Daepyo-nim. Why are you here?” you asked

CEO Yang looked surprised by your question.

“Okay. Good morning to you also Yookyung-ssi. This is my office so…” he said

“Oh… it’s not like that… aren’t you supposed to be doing your work as the police?” you asked.

“Oh. I applied for holiday this whole week. So next week I won’t be coming” said CEO Yang.

“Oh…” you said sound disappointed by CEO Yang answer.

“Keep up the good work guys” said CEO Yang and he went to his office.

 

“Yookyung-ah come here. Edit this one” said suyeon unnie.

You’ve been so busy in the office and you were called by Youngjae the Marketing Leader.

He showed you things that you have edit. There were files that you had to check before giving the information to the A&R Department.

“Yookyung-ah, can you help us for a while?” asked Jiyeon from A&R Department.

“Sure why?” you stopped doing your work.

“Can you help put this box upstairs? It’s a prop box for CEO Yoon’s upcoming Vlive.” She said

“Where should I put it?” you asked carrying the box

“The prop room beside the practice room. Thank you~ since our Leader is sick, so we need help from other department. Suyeon-ah I’ll borrow Yookyung for a while.” Said Jiyeon

“Oh sure.” Said suyeon unnie as she pulled out one earphone from her ear.

 

You went upstairs, and you heard a very familiar voice singing in the practice room. You went near the door and heard the voice clearly. Looks like CEO Yang is practicing and you heard another unfamiliar voice.

After that, you went inside the prop room and there were a lot of props inside. It kind of looks like a store room rather than a prop room. As you were closing the prop room door, you were curious to see their practice room.

You peek inside to see no one is in there. “Maybe he’s done practicing.” You said. You went inside and look around. You were fascinated by it, because this is the room that they practice all day and sometimes yoseob would turn on the karaoke machine to sing.

 

“What are you doing?”

You turn around and saw CEO Yang standing behind you.

“Daepyo-nim.” You said. “I should get back to work.” You said.

“Yeah you should.” He said. “But… daepyo-nim.” You said.

You really want to hear yoseob sing live. Because you never went to B2ST / Highlight concert before. Although there are fancams posted everywhere but you wanted to hear with your own ears how beautiful his voice is.

“Can you sing one song?” you asked. “What?” he asked

“Please~ I promise I will get back to work if you could sing one song for me. I promise” you said.

Yoseob crossed his arms and slightly tilted his head to the right trying to figure out what is wrong with you.

“What song do you want me to sing?” he asked.

“Really! You could sing one song for me?” you asked.

“Well, I received reports that you are doing very well. So I figured this might be a gift for you.” He said

“Um~ can you sing Park Hyoshin song, that night of 1991? The song that you sang at Jo Sumi’s concert.” You asked.

“Do you like Park Hyoshin?” he asked.

“His songs are the best!” you said.

 

He agreed to your answer and turn on the karaoke machine.

“Can you help me push the numbers?” he asked

You went closer to him and he showed you the number of the song. The music starts, yoseob took two chairs, put it in front of the karaoke machine and asked you to sit down as he holds the mic.

Once the music starts, yoseob sang very beautiful. You were looking at him the whole time. Once the second part of the song play, he made eye contact with you and he sang it until the song ended without breaking eye contact.

“Waaaa~ that was beautiful daepyo-nim!” you clapped your hands.

“Thank you.” He said and smiled.

“Aren’t you afraid?” he asked

“Afraid? Of what?” you asked.

“You’ll get caught.” He said

“What do you mean?” you asked

“I told you, if I caught you being a fan. You’ll get fired.” He said

“I…. I’m not your fan. It’s just…. I… want to hear your beautiful voice. You know as a very powerful vocalist in the music industry.” You said as you tried to pull a straight face.

“But I’ve never seen you in any of our concerts or fansign” he said.

“Well, that was because I was busy-“ wait. I’m trapped. You looked at CEO Yang as he smiled while crossing his arms. You forgot how fast he is at figuring things out

“What I mean is….” You said trying to find an answer.

“Don’t worry.” He said. “I won’t fire you.” He said

“Thank you daepyo-nim” you stood up and bowed 90 degrees to CEO Yang.

“Well… aren’t you suppose to go somewhere?” he asked

“Oh! Yeah! Work. Thank you daepyo-nim for the song. I’ll work hard!” you said and ran out from the practice room.

That was close.

 

You went back to your place and continued your work. “Yookyung-ah. Come here for a while.” Said suyeon unnie showing you the posters that you have to do.

A few hours past, it was lunch time. You bought a ‘subway’ and went upstairs to the rooftop.

You bought one more for yoseob to thank him. You didn’t know what he likes so you just bought the same as yours. You decided to listen to some music. Instead of Highlight, you were also like seventeen’s song because during Highlight hiatus you listened a lot to their songs. After a while you were so immersed with the song, suddenly you felt someone pulled out your left earphone. You looked beside you it was Yoseob.

“Daepyo-nim!” you stand up took the earphone from yoseob

“Oh~ that was a good song” said CEO Yang smiling.

Oh no… he is going to think that I don’t like Highlight song. Oh no. What if I get fired listening to other singers??? You thought

“Why are you so surprised?” he asked.

“I….I… It’s not what you think daepyo-nim.” You said

“I thought you like Highlight.” He said. You don’t know if he was joking or what.

“I do! Um….” You didn’t know how to explain.

“Ah. Thank you for the ‘subway’. It was really good.” He smiled.

“You’re welcome.” You smiled. “I should go now” you said and go to the door.

“I really really like Highlight daepyo-nim. Please remember that.” You said while looking at CEO Yang. After that, you went back to your desk continuing your work.

 

After a few hours past, it was getting dark, and there are other files that you had to go through. “Yookyung-ah you should continue it tomorrow.” Said suyeon unnie.

“It’s okay I’ll try to finish half of it” You said. “Okay see you tomorrow.” Said suyeon unnie as you waved goodbye. You slept very late yesterday, without noticing your eyes started to close.

 

Yoseob POV

 

“Okay. I’m done.” I said

I was signing some important projects that need to be submitted for tomorrow. It’s 9pm now, I was having so much fun using the karaoke machine. But I can feel my vocals are getting better. I close the door of my office and I saw yookyung is still here.

“Yookyung-ssi?” I went near her and saw her eyes are closed. She have to go home if she’s tired. “Yookyung-ssi” I nudge her shoulders softly as she slowly open her eyes.

“Daepyo-nim!” she said and stand up. “Are you going home?” she asked.

“Yes. And I think you should to.” I said

“Oh, yeah. I should” she said as she cleaned up her desk with her sleepy eyes. Should I send her home?

“Yookyung-ssi. Are you okay?” I asked her while walking down the stairs.

“Yeah. I’m fine daepyo-nim. Goodnight.” She said while walking very unstable.

 

I called Jaesun hyung. “Hyung, where are you?” I asked. “Oh~ Yoseob-ah are you going home now?” he asked. “It’s okay. Just take your time, I have something to do. Pick me up at 10pm” I said. “Okay” said Jaesun hyung. I followed yookyung until the bus stop. She was still asleep. In 15 minutes, her bus arrived and she quickly went into the bus as I followed her from behind. Yookyung sat near the window, so I decided to seat behind her. Her head keep swaying from left to right, I was afraid her head might hit the window. Her head was about to hit the window, so I stopped it by putting my hand at the window.

 

Your POV

“Why am I so sleepy? Wake up yookyung-ah.” I said

I shake my head and tried to slap my cheeks lightly. I can’t sleep, what if I end up at the bus station again like last year. I look through my phone for any interesting news as I scroll up and down.

Around 30 minutes like that, it was my stop. I step out from the bus and walked to my apartment.

“Yookyung-ah. Have a good rest” I was greeted by the security.

“Nae. You too Ahjussi.” You bowed and went inside your apartment.

 

 

Yoseob POV

 

I followed Yookyung until she arrived at her apartment. After that, I went back to the company. “Yaa Yang Yoseob. Where did you go?” asked Jaesun hyung.

“Hyung. It’s not 10pm yet” I said “Of course, I wanted to come early because I thought you might want to go home early.” He said. “Did you go somewhere?” he asked. “But I’m back now” I said.

“Yoseob-ah, did anyone followed you?” he asked. “No. I turned around twice to make sure no one is following me.” I said. “Don’t do that. What if someone followed you? That’ll be really dangerous. Why don’t you tell me that you want to drive the car?” He asked.

“It’s okay. It’s only 30min walk for fresh air that’s all.” I said. After Jaesun hyung sent me home, I received a message from my vocal teacher. He send a picture of me singing to yookyung in the practice room.

“You never looked at me that way when you sing” he messaged.

“Do you guys have something or what?” he messaged again

What… I thought he went back home already. How did he took the picture?

“She’s just our company maknae. That’s all” I replied

“eyyhhh, seriously. With that look?” he replied

“It’s true hyung. Just a staff” I replied

“Okayyyy.” He replied but with a wink emoji.

She’s just our maknae staff seriously. “Yanggaeng-i~” I called yanggaeng to cuddle with him. Yanggaeng jumped on top of me. I received another message from my vocal teacher. “I can’t wait to hear a good news from you in the future.”

What does he mean by that?

I didn’t know what to reply because is he referring to the maknae? “Is this about the maknae?” I replied.

“I didn’t say anything. Goodnight” he replied. I just replied goodnight after that and I played with yanggaeng a bit.

I was washing my face, and suddenly yookyung came into my mind. I remembered at the rooftop she told how she really likes Highlight. Honestly, I’m really grateful that there are still fans waiting for us. I just hope tomorrow will be a better day than today.