Chapter 4 : I want to know you

I'm your star

 

 

Chapter 4 : I want to know you

 

“Yookyung-ah. I have something to say.” Said yoseob looking at you.

“I… “ he was about to said something but dream isn’t reality. You woke up and scratched your head. What the. That dream was about to finish! You thought. You looked at the time and you realized you were late. For the first time ever you were late! You just started to work there and you are already late!

You quickly brushed your teeth, wear your clothes, bought a sandwich at a nearby convenient store and quickly took the bus. Around 30 minutes, you arrived at Around Us Ent.

“You’re late.” Said yoojung unnie at the reception table.

“I know. What did I miss?” you asked.

“They thought you wouldn’t come. You gotta show yourself up there.” Said yoojung unnie.

You went upstairs and slowly open the door. You saw the marketing team surrounded your table. Oh no I’m dead. You thought.

I went near and CEO Yang is there turned around. “Oh, she’s here.” Said CEO Yang and the marketing team looked at you.

“I’m so sorry I was late!” you said and bowed. “Ya~ we thought you were sick or something.” Said suyeon unnie.

“I had a good dream” you said.

“Must be a very good dream” said Youngjae our Team Leader. You looked at CEO Yang who was looking at you the entire time. And you looked down. “I think so…” you said in a low voice.

“Since you are late. Overtime” said CEO Yang pointing at your face. “Okay.” You said while you look at CEO Yang’s face. “Well, I’ll be at Gyusik’s studio today.” Said CEO Yang. “Hwaiting!~” said CEO Yang looking at all the marketing team staff including you.

“Oh. Guys please. The poster. Be creative. I’ll review it tomorrow” said CEO Yang.

“Daepyo-nim aren’t you going to buy a new coffee machine for us?” asked Youngjae.

“Of course! Later, don’t ask me why your paycheck have less zero’s” said CEO Yang sarcastically, smiling and looking at Youngjae

“Hyung~ oh daepyo-nim. Don’t do like that. It was a joke.” Said Youngjae

“That was a good morning joke. See you guys later” said CEO Yang and left.

“Behind the cute face, there is a devil inside sometimes.” Said Youngjae.

“Is yoseob daepyo-nim can be scary?” you asked.

“Well… sometimes. But you’ll know it once you get to know him well.” Said suyeon unnie

Your POV

Right… I don’t know yoseob that well. I’ve been liking him for 10 years but I still feel like I don’t know him. I want to be his friend at least.

After quite some time, it was lunch hour. “Yookyung-ah, let’s grab lunch and coffee” said suyeon unnie.

“Coffee? I don’t drink coffee” I said. “What?” said suyeon unnie with a shocked expression. “Whyyy? You’re an adult now. You don’t drink soju and you also don’t drink coffee. You missed out the bitterness of life.” She said. “But I don’t like coffee.” I said.

“No no no. Let’s grab lunch and I’ll buy you a coffee.” Said suyeon unnie and grabbed my hand to take us to lunch.

After you had lunch, suyeon unnie bring you to the café near Around Us Ent. “Unnie, I don’t know which coffee I should drink.” I said. “hmmm… wait here. I’ll order something you might like.” She said. I sat down at a table beside the glass window.

“Oh. Yookyung-ssi.” You turned around and saw CEO Yoseob with his friend Gyusik. “This is Gyusik.” Yoseob gestured his hands towards his friend. “Gyusik… Gyuberlake?” I asked. “Oh! That’s my instagram” said Gyusik “I’ll order you the usual.” Said Gyusik and went to the counter. “Oh! Thank you.” Said CEO Yoseob. “Can I sit here?” asked CEO Yoseob, you nodded and he sat in front of you.

“Coffee is here~” said suyeon unnie as she brought 2 cup of coffees.

“Oh. Daepyo-nim? Why are you here?” she asked. “Is this café yours? No right?” asked CEO Yoseob sarcastically. “No. I mean like we saw you at work already and now you’re kind of everywhere.” She said. “Mind your words.” Yoseob smiled but in an evil smile vibe. “Okay.” Said suyeon unnie.

“Yookyung-ah, try this” she said and she passed the coffee towards me. “What is this?” I asked

“This is one of my fave! A-A.(in Korean)” she said. “A-A?” I asked. “Ice Americano” she said. I took a sip slowly.

“That’s not good.” You said. “Why?” asked yoseob “Yookyung doesn’t like coffee. So I’m trying to make her like coffee.” She said. “Ya.. suyeon-ah. A-A for a first timer. No no. It’s too bitter for her.” Said yoseob.

“Yookyung-ssi, what do you personally like?” he asked. “hmmm… I like sweet tastes. Like chocolates. I love chocolates the most!” I said smiling. “Then, try vanilla latte.” CEO Yoseob suggested. “Fine. Then who’s going to drink the A-A?” asked suyeon unnie. “I can drink it.” He said

“Eyyh! No Daepyo-nim!” I said and quickly took the cup of A-A. “Haa? Yookyung-ah, you don’t like it.” Said suyeon unnie. “The… the straw it’s dirty. Wait! I’ll clean it up.” I said and wiped the straw using the tissue that I received with the coffee.

 

“Then I’ll get you a new order. Man… The line is long” said suyeon unnie and went to the counter. You breathed in relief. “Yookyung-ssi.” Said CEO Yang. “Yes daepyo-nim!” I was surprised.

“I don’t like coffee before, but without me noticing I wanted to try it because I remember where I was a bit depressed over something, I wanted something that can cheer me up a bit. So coffee was the key. But then I got a bit too addicted to it and I also liked the taste as time goes by. But you know I can’t drink it all the time since it’s bad for my throat. But now, I can accept the taste now” he smiled while his head rests at his left hand while looking at me.

Right. I don’t know Yoseob that much. Am I able to be the person that is willingly to stay by his side? I wanted to know everything about him just like AU staffs do. Can I know everything about him? Only me? Am I selfish?

 

 

Yoseob POV

 

w…w…wh…why is she looking at me so long. I looked away as I was feeling a bit hot. “Yookyung-ah. Here is vanilla latte!” said suyeon excitedly while handing yookyung the coffee.

“Daepyo-nim. Are you okay? Your ears are red.” Said suyeon. “Yoseob-ah, here’s your coffee. Dude are you okay? Your ears are red.” Said Gyusik. “Yah! Stop saying that!” I closed my ears and looked down.

“Yookyung-ah~ let’s go. Since you have to work overtime tonight.” Said suyeon.

“Oh yeah. I forgot.” Said yookyung. “See you later daepyo-nim~” said suyeon while she grabbed yookyung and left.

“Yaa… Are you okay?” asked Gyusik. “Hm.” I said nodded a little and drank my coffee while I look outside watching yookyung and suyeon on their way to the company. ‘Yoseob-ah.” Called gyusik. “Oh… why?” I asked and looked at him.

 

“Is something bothering you?” he asked. “No… Just.” I said and took a sip of my coffee.

“Do you perhaps…” said Gyusik pointing at my face. “Like suyeon?” whispered gyusik. “What? Suyeon? No way” I said. “Eyyyhhh~ You guys look really close.” Said Gyusik. “No.” I said with a straight face and sipped my coffee.

“Then… ummmm… Yookyung?” I almost choked on my coffee. “Ya! Are you okay??” asked Gyusik as I was coughing. “Is everything okay?” asked a staff. I gestured my hand saying I was ok, she nodded and left.

Gyusik was crossing his hands to his chest. “What?” I looked at Gyusik. “Really. You?” he asked.

“What’s wrong with me?” I asked. “You almost choke your coffee so that means something.” He said.

“What do you mean?” I asked. “Yookyung.” He said. I sat down properly. “It’s not like that. She’s our company staff plus maknae.” I said. “Well. If you say so. But! I will know if you’re hiding something.” He said.

“Are you going to work on the song tonight?” he asked. “Yep.” I said. “Of course~ I salute you CEO Yang” he said. “Stop it stop it you’re making me blush.” I said. “Eyyhhh… You mean just like a few minutes ago?” teased gyusik. “Gyusik-ah! Seriously” I said.

 

Right. Why am I so embarrassed? It’s just Yookyung. Why? I don’t like her. Yup no. She’s our maknae. I was editing some parts and listened to the song a few times.

 

“Okay. I think we should try add this.” I said to gyusik while showing to him which part I want to add.

“So we’re done?” he asked. “Yup. I’ll come again next month.” I said. “All right Boss” he said.

“Yoseob-ah, here’s something for you. I got a gift though because I got a free pair of sport shoes.” Said Gyusik.

“What’s this? You’re giving me an extra shoelace?” I asked. “Yep! You don’t need to buy a new one!” he said excitedly. “Well… I do need to change my shoelace. Thanks though” I was about to keep in my bag but I couldn’t find it.

“Gyusik-ah. Where’s my bag?” I asked. “Your bag?” he asked and he helped searching for it in the studio. “No sign of it. Did you bring it to the café?” he asked. “I didn’t.” and then I remembered I didn’t bring my bag. I left it in my office.

“Oh yeah… I didn’t bring it. I left it in my office.” I said. “I’ll see you again next month. Good job my friend. Thanks” I said and patted Gyusik’s back. “Sure~ oh and let’s eat pizza again at the usual place!” he said. “All right~” I said and left.

 

Gyusik’s house is actually in our area. It’s like 15 minutes to Around Us Ent building. Jaesun hyung picked me up and we went to the company. Jaesun hyung gave me a new hot pack since its cold outside. I went upstairs and only 2 people of A&R team is there. I thought Yookyung was working overtime? Is she slacking off? I took my bag and locked the door. Is she at the rooftop? Wait. Why am I looking for her? Wait. What if she get cold outside? Her phone is there. Is she at the rooftop? Might as well check. Okay Yang Yoseob. If she’s not there you have to go home.

I went to the rooftop, opened the door slowly and saw yookyung who is resting her back at the wall while looking up the sky. She looked at me. Oh no. “Daepyo-nim?” she said.

 

Your POV

 

I was done with my work, so I went to the roof top for some fresh air. I take my jacket since its cold outside. Despite the coldness I still want to see the stars. The stars are so pretty tonight. I was reminded by Yoseob’s song star. I wondered, how he came up with the most simple song title. And about the full moon. It still amazes me how he can write such heartwarming lyrics.

I felt like someone was looking at me. I looked at my side and saw Yoseob. “Daepyo-nim?” I said. “Oh. Yookyung-ssi. Are you slacking off?” he came towards me. “Eyhh~ No no. My work is done so I wanted some fresh air. Being inside all the time might lead to depression” I said and smiled.

Then Yoseob sat beside me. “What are you thinking? It’s cold out here.” He said. “Sometimes the cold makes me a bit calm. Especially times like this when the stars and the moon are up.” I said looking at the sky.

“Is there something bothering you? You don’t like working here?” he asked looking at me.

“No. I love working with you.” Wait. What did I just said?

“Wh…. What I meant is I like working here. Hehe” I said and looked away.

“Working here is kind of like a dream?...”

Maybe I have to be honest to get a step closer to Yoseob.

“I always like b2st ever since they debuted.” I said without keeping eye contact with CEO yoseob.

“And ever since a sudden news came up. I was sad but I wanted a bit of a miracle to come. Suddenly when I heard b2st can’t keep their name due to the copyright since b2st started to build a new company. I was sad but excited since Highlight took a very big step. I was amazed. I wanted to be like that. Whatever happens, I can’t give up to easily. I started to learn about marketing and started internship at a company so I could be ready to work here. I want to keep supporting Highlight until they became a very well-known group again.” I said and smiled to myself.

“Thank you.” Said CEO Yang as you made eye contact. “Thank you for coming here. We’re still rookies in the company but we’ll try even harder once everyone is back. So I hope you’ll still support us if anything happens.” Said yoseob smiling sweetly.

We had a very long eye contact. My heart skipped a beat.

Although it happens a lot of time but this one is different.

“You’ll catch a cold later. Make sure you’ll go home after this.” Said CEO Yang as he stands up. Suddenly I felt something on my head. I took it and it was a small hot pack. “Oh, I won’t be coming tomorrow. So I’ll see you when I see you” he said and left. How to unlike him when he’s like this. That’s sad… I won’t see him tomorrow. Well… at least he gave me this hot pack.

 

Yoseob POV

 

Hearing her said those warm words makes me want to work even harder. I went down and saw Jaesun hyung at the door. “What took you so long?” he asked. “Oh. I had a bad stomach” I lied. “Man it’s cold” said Jaesun hyung. “Is it? I felt kind of warm.” I said because I do. “You’re really weird Yoseob-ah” said Jaesun hyung as we headed to the car.

After Jaesun hyung send me home, I brushed my teeth, washed my face and getting ready for bed. Suddenly a katalk message came in. It’s from Around Us Ent group. They sent a group photo where we took during yookyung’s welcoming party. There was a photo of me looking at yookyung talking with suyeon.

What! How’d they get that? Man! Why is it so hot in here? I could feel myself feeling embarrassed as I flopped down to my bed covering my face with my blanket.

 

Your POV

I went home and was getting ready to bed. Katalk! I received a message. It was the group photo of my welcoming party the other day. The A&R team leader took the photos. I was scrolling and saw a photo of Yoseob laughing with Jaesun. Aww! He is so cute! I scrolled down and saw a photo where I was talking with suyeon unnie. I saw yoseob was in the picture looking at us! What! I am sooooo going to put this as my screen lock! Oh my god~ Is he looking at me? Or the ahjussi’s behind us since they were a bit drunk and kind of funny. Yeah that is probably right. Stop dreaming Yang Yookyung no way. I just leave it that way and sleep.