Embrace Y’all...

MILK.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4: Embrace Y'all With Napalm

 

Seoul, South Korea, 1974

 

Tears falling down the young girl's face, she stormed out the church. She began to pace the sidewalks. 

 

"I'm not going back, I'm not going back," she repeated over and over under her breath, before she collapsed on the ground in loud sobs.

 

A dark figure approached her, tapping her on the shoulder. She looked up at him, sniffling.

 

"What if there was a way to make all your worries go away?" He proposed. "Would you take that chance, Kim Jisoo?"

 

Jisoo was a child born out of unfortunate circumstances. She was one of those forgotten children, displaced by the war, discarded by society. The first time she experienced true hatred was when she was six years old. That's the first time she first handedly experienced corruption at the hands of a erted U.N peace keeper. She vowed to be strong and experience legitimate and unchecked power. Maybe He could sense the darkness even then, explaining why he approached her.

 

Just like Lisa had her guardian angel, perhaps she had something more sinister protecting her.

 

***

 

Jisoo woke up with a start, breathing heavily. She reached out around her, feeling the satin sheets. Ok, good, she could feel the sheets. They were smooth. She sniffed. She could still smell the cookies Chaeyoung baked last night and a hint of lavender no doubt coming from her yeodongsaengs rooms. She looked around. The sun was still rising, barely sneaking in the room through the blinds. Otherwise, it'd be pitch black. Regardless, she could see the outline of her room. Yes, the YG dorm. She was safe, still in power. On the road to something more. 

 

Regardless, she wasn't going back to sleep any time soon. Jisoo glanced over at the clock, 4:44 AM mocking her. She'd have to get up soon anyway, she realized, fighting back a groan. She ripped the sheets off herself, the cold air instantly nipping at her exposed legs. She bit back another groan. She tossed her sheet back on the bed and drifted to the main living space, like a zombie.

 

Over by the balcony, there was Lisa, just sitting on the floor gazing out the window. With a shrug, Jisoo let her be, fumbling with the kettle. Today was an Earl Grey type day, with six sugars. When she brought over two mugs, and a plate of biscuits, Lisa had the gall to look surprised. She even had jumped five feet in the air, making Jisoo chuckle. Lisa accepted the treat, and bowed her head a little in greeting.

 

"What are you doing up so early?" Jisoo asked, taking a slow slip of her tea.

 

Lisa shook her head. "I don't know. Couldn't sleep I guess. What about you?"

 

The corner of Jisoo's lips turned up into a mocking smile, hidden behind her mug. Lisa was telling a half truth. She could feel it. "Me neither," she replied. They both could play at that game.

 

Lisa nodded, facing the window once more. She took another sip, barely masking a wince. Jisoo noticed it however, and would never fail to pounce on a perceived weakness.  

 

"Not up to your liking?" Jisoo lightly teased.

 

Lisa shook her head furiously. "Of course it is." She was a lot of things, but purposely rude was not one of them. Even Jisoo felt that. "It's just so hot, I don't know how you could drink it so fast," Lisa admitted a bit sourly. "Just scorched my tongue off." 

 

Jisoo chuckled again, and Lisa seemed surprised even by that. It was a light tinkling sound, and she hadn't even expected Jisoo to be so friendly early in the morning. For the past four years of trainee life, she hadn't seen much of Jisoo, not even in passing, besides the occasional evaluation meeting. It was actually pretty strange, considering all three lived in the same dorm. Every night Chaeyoung and Lisa would stumble in at midnight, 1 AM, even 2 AM, and no Jisoo was present. The duo, naturally, never dared to even to as much as knock on their elder's room door. They both weren't looking for a death wish. The trainee life, even for someone like Lisa, was making her just a little bit compliant, a little bit softer, and a little bit more careful each and every day. 

 

"Lisa, do you trust your unnie?" Jisoo asked, staring at her intently with a sharp smile. "You always seem on edge when you see me."

 

Lisa mulled over her words for a moment, taking an excusating long time to take a sip of her tea to bid her time. To see what she could say. "No," Lisa stated honestly, making Jisoo an eyebrow. "I don't know you."

 

Jisoo hummed in response, sighing. "That's okay," she said. "But do you know you can always eat what I bake right?" She gestured towards the biscuits. "I always have to give them away to the other trainees, because you and Chaeyoung always waste them."

 

Lisa shook her head, and under Jisoo's gaze, took a bite of the biscuit. "Where I'm from, its rude to eat other people's stuff without permission. And we never get to see you to ask permission." 

 

"Tell that to my older siblings," Jisoo said dryly. "But thats nonsense, we're almost sisters now. Eat whatever you like."

 

"You have siblings?" Lisa couldn't help but to blurt in shock. 

 

"Does everything surprise you?" Jisoo full out laughed, a loud booming sound. She pinched Lisa's cheek, stuffing a biscuit in her own mouth. "Start getting ready for practice, champ." She ruffled the top of Lisa's head affectionally. 

 

Lisa groaned in response, making Jisoo laugh again as she went back to her room. Tentatively, Lisa set out her mug, and the plate with the last biscuit on the balcony. 

 

 

 

"Sometimes, you gotta be BOLD!" A vo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter