The Baddest Female...

MILK.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2: The Baddest Female...Wears Prada

"Pardon?" I blinked, immediately sitting up straight.

"Oh, sit down and sit back," Jisoo said in a very dismissive tone. "It's nothing too severe."

"You just said my father was on life support,  you mean 'sit down'?" I barked back. "How could that even happen-" My words died in my throat. The protest today.

My father was a big activist in Bangkok, a prominent leader in The Red Shirt Movement. Today was a huge protest, marking the six month anniversary of the coup. Yeah, meaning the recent one, don't be a smartass. Naturally, this fact completely escaped my mind, being that I was basically kidnapped out of my own home.

Jisoo crumbled up her wrapper and threw it into the discarded Burger King bag. She seemed unfazed by this entire situation, and didn't seem nowhere remorseful, even after dropping such a bomb on me.

"Soldiers were sent down to the protest by the river, and one shot out into the crowd. He was barely grazed in the side, and did pass out for a while. We have him in a partner hospital with an IV. The IV leaves him in a comatose state to make it seem like his condition is worse off than it is."

"Why?" Rosé questioned in her melodic voice. "Lisa's mom wouldn't allow you to do this-"

"She did," Jisoo interrupted. "We have her on board of directors of Bangkok Hospital. She's well taken care of. Anyways," she continued on as if she was discussing the weather. "This news would show the public that Thailand does need help, and will make my takeover go over more smoothly. The junta does filter out a lot of their dirty deeds, but they won't able to with my independent journalists there." She smirked, looking proud of herself and her idea.

I shook my head, attempting to clear my thoughts. The more I talked to Jisoo, the more confused I became about her overall agenda. Simply put, was she for good, or was she for evil?
Call it black and white, but that's how most people are.

"When can I see my family?" I asked firmly, maintaining eye contact.

"Soon," Jisoo replied coolly. "As I said, they're well taken care of. You have other pressing matters to attend to."

"Then where are we going?" Rosé said, whining for the umpteenth time that day. "If not going home?"

"Let's set your schedule clear." Jisoo held up her hand with an eye roll. "Tonight we go to a hotel. After that, we meet with YG who's flying out to meet you two. Next, we go to hair and makeup for a photoshoot. Finally, we fly out to Korea. That's all to be done tomorrow. Tell me where you'd think you'll have time to whine about seeing your parents like little children?"

Rosé pouted, slouching in her seat. I would've objected, but at the mention of the hotel, I finally noticed just how tired I really was. I had just went through an emotional rollercoaster, and now had a plethora of information crammed into my head. The idea of Jisoo taking us to a nice, quiet, comfortable setting, despite the impending arrival of a millions events the next day looming over me, was enough to knock me out right then and there. And it did.

Later on, I had stumbled out of the limo with Rosé, and we checked in.

"Jesus Christ." Rosé said, even giving a short whistle in awe. "You call this a hotel?"

Judging by Rosé's reaction, I knew it to be glamorous even by her bourgeoise standards.

It was basically a penthouse. There was stairs, a pool, and several rooms. Begrudgingly, I had to admit, I was feeling regretful that I wouldn't be able to stay longer.

"Nice isn't it?" Jisoo smiled warmly. "Just wait until you see our dorms in South Korea."

She lead us up the stairs and told us to pick a room, then went on her own way. Even though there was many to choose from, Rosé quickly followed me into the random room I just walked into. She even insisted sleeping next to me. Probably a habit.

"There's pajamas," Rosé noted, pointing behind me at the closet as I untucked the comforter.

"Too tired," I responded promptly, quickly yawning. It was as if my body was proving a point.

"Touché," Rosé said then shrugged, climbing in with me. She turned off the lamp, and settled in. A few minutes later, I heard her breathing slow down, she was asleep.

I, however, could not relate. It felt like I was up forever, the wheels in my head turning over and over again. A million questions were running through my head at once like; Why did my mother sell our father out for some shares? When would I see my family again? When would we debut, musically and politically? What was Jisoo's game plan? What was YG like? Who'd be there?

Eventually, I did fall asleep. My visions of rolling a ball with Asiah playing in my dreams.

***

The next morning, Jisoo woke us up by loudly banging on the door. She swung the door open, revealing herself in a casual outfit of a T-shirt and shorts. She was happily smacking on a piece of bacon (somehow managing to do it super adorably unfortunately, might I add) with a sheet mask on her face. I was really envious of her being on her at the crack of d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter