2020: Aged 25 [Eunhyuk]

You are the reason: A Eunhae Fanfic

Hunching under a street light Eunhyuk scowled as he realized that the neighboring gangs may not have appreciated the little stunt he pulled earlier, specially Heechul, a rather eccentric leader of a local gang who hated him as soon as he laid eyes on him. 

 

His scowl deepened as he walked further into the alleyway, his sharp eyes glinting. Eunhyuk was not a criminal. He was more of a lone wolf, with connections to local gangs but never part of them( though many would have loved to have him). With his rough past he managed his income through doing odd jobs.

 

Eunhyuk was a street performer and one of the best in that. Once upon a time his dream was to become a professional dancer, but life interfered and well, he obviously didn’t get the winning side of the coin. Even the name Eunhyuk was a stage name, his real name and past was something he preferred to leave behind him.  For a moment he clutched the chain that was around his neck, his fingers brushing the pendants. He snapped back to reality as he heard voices further up the alley. 

 

Glaring he entered the bar and the end of the alleyway which was filled with people from the lower end of Seoul and the members of some local gangs. He sat himself down as the bartender, a loud (and when occasion calls for it funny) man named Shindong, served him his usual beverage, strawberry milk.

 

“Looks like someone got up from the wrong side of the bed today.” Mocked Kyuhyun as he took a seat next to him. 

 

“ It’s 8 at night.” Retorted Eunhyuk scowling at the younger. “‘Your sense of time is really messed up!”

 

Kyuhyun was a friend of Eunhyuk and also a performer. While Eunhyuk danced to earn his income, Kyuhyun stunned the audience with his wistful voice.

 

“ For your sake you better watch out for Heechul.” Kyuhyun said ignoring the previous comment. “He was furious with your little prank today.”

 

“ It’s not my fault that the guy has no sense of humor.” Was the rather bored reply he got.

 

“Don’t tell me I didn’t warn you.” Kyuhyun muttered.

 

Eunhyuk never really listened or cared about these little warnings. He’d rather fight it out in the streets than attempt to talk it through. Always use the fist first and talk later. It was almost a survival mantra in his head. He couldn’t afford to be weak, specially when his mother was depending on him. After all he was Eunhyuk, a jewel that shined in the darkness.