2020 : Aged 25 [Donghae]

You are the reason: A Eunhae Fanfic

A young man in his mid twenties  sat at his desk in his rather extravagant office, busily typing into his computer and sighed as he glanced at the time. Anyone who observed the man would notice his double-lidded eyes squinting in concentration and his thin lips almost forming a pout as he rechecked his work, which only emphasized his good looks. No one would believe that this handsome man was also the Chief Marketing Officer of the largest multinational Corporation in South Korea. At a young age he achieved this high position after much hard work and endurance.

 

“Donghae, are you still readjusting the proposals?” Asked the Chief Operating Officer,  Park Jeong Su, more commonly called as Leeteuk, as he entered his office. “ You don’t have to overwork yourself. The deadline’s not till next week. Anyway Siwon wouldn’t mind even if the deadline passed.”

 

“I’m almost done hyung” Donghae replied knowing that Leeteuk would wait for him either way.

 

Apart from being colleagues, Leeteuk was a close friend whom Donghae absolutely adored.  Mainly because the older man always reminded him of his own father and took care of him, making sure that he ate and rested well. 

 

“Alright Hyung, I’m done” Donghae  declared a few minutes later as he lazily stretched and straightened out his business suit. “Is Siwon and Ryeowook coming to dinner with us?”

 

“ Yeah, they said they’ll meet us at the restaurant.” Leeteuk replied as the pair walked out of the door. “It’s that fancy French place again.”

 

They continued their light chatter as they exited the building getting into their separate cars, in Donghae’s case a brand new Audi R8 Spyder ( courtesy of the company’s chairman) , and headed towards ‘Le Chataeubriand’ , a rather exclusive restaurant for the elite that they’ve been visiting recently, mostly because Choi Siwon, the CEO of the corporation and the chairman’s son had a major (and obvious ) crush on the daughter of the owner of the restaurant. Which led to impromptu lunches and dinners at Le Chateaubriand almost every day.

 

As Donghae stopped at the red light his eyes wandered to an alleyway clumsily lit up by street lights. His gazed stopped at a figure hunching next to the brightest street light, a man it seemed, dressed in leather and dark colored denim. Even from the distance, the man emitted an intimidating and mystical aura. Donghae shook his head sighing as he told himself not not be ridiculous and continued on his way to the restaurant.